Start by marking “This Bridge We Call Home: Radical Visions for Transformation” as Want to Read:
This Bridge We Call Home: Radical Visions for Transformation

This Bridge We Call Home: Radical Visions for Transformation

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  417 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Over 20 years the anthology This Bridge Called My Back challenged feminists to envision new forms of communities and practices. Gloria E. Anzaldúa and AnaLouise Keating have brought together an ambitions collection of over 80 original contributions offering a bold new vision of women-of-colour consciousness for the 21st century.
Published September 20th 2002 by Routledge (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about This Bridge We Call Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Bridge We Call Home

Tanuja
Nov 09, 2008 Tanuja rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: napantleras
Shelves: favorites
I will always be "currently reading" this book - in fact, I am once again currently reading it! There is always something to learn from it - as a feminist woman of color, I highly appreciate this book for widening the scope of the discussion to include South Asian/Indian women and seeking to create ways to sustainably transform this disempowering culture. Gloria Anzaldua gave us the amazing gift of her insight and dedication - I have a lot of hope for the future of things while I read this...
Steve
read bridge called my back first. then read this!
Meen
Jan 03, 2010 Meen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! If everyone read this book, it could save the world! :)
Recommended to Meen by: Amazon, actually, b/c I bought the 1st Bridge there!
This will always be on my currently-reading shelf. It is like a bible for me, and I read from it most nights to continually nurture my commitment to working towards the creation of radically inclusive human community. And like some other reviewers, I recommend reading This Bride Called My Back first, so you can fully appreciate the metaphor of life on/as the bridge...
Dali
I love this book. It may intimidate you at first because it has so many pages, but it's a great read. You will have endless conversations with friends about it and everyone can relate to the topics.
sawyer
Jun 13, 2007 sawyer marked it as to-read
I started reading this more than a year ago but had to return it to the library and haven't picked it back up, but want to!
Justine
Jun 18, 2012 Justine is currently reading it
I've started this but keep getting distracted! I will finish this even if it's only in bits and pieces
Zena
Zena marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Maria Serban-Temisan
Maria Serban-Temisan marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Zeke
Zeke marked it as to-read
Amber Hunnicutt
Amber Hunnicutt marked it as to-read
Lovemestiza
Lovemestiza marked it as to-read
Aparna Dasaraju
Aparna Dasaraju marked it as to-read
Hello
Hello marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Scottishtanningsecrets
Scottishtanningsecrets marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Cassi
Cassi marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Jeannine Baham-Wylie
Jeannine Baham-Wylie is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2015
Shana Bulhan Haydock
Shana Bulhan Haydock marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Sandi Worthen
Sandi Worthen marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Lixian
Lixian marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Gabriela Mallo
Gabriela Mallo marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Ai Miller
Ai Miller marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Goosey
Goosey marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
  • Colonize This!: Young Women of Color on Today's Feminism
  • Methodology of the Oppressed
  • Woman, Native, Other: Writing Postcoloniality and Feminism
  • Feminism FOR REAL: Deconstructing the Academic Industrial Complex of Feminism
  • Pedagogies of Crossing: Meditations on Feminism, Sexual Politics, Memory, and the Sacred
  • Feminism without Borders: Decolonizing Theory, Practicing Solidarity
  • Chicana Lesbians: The Girls Our Mothers Warned Us about
  • Consensual Genocide
  • Dragon Ladies: Asian American Feminists Breathe Fire
  • But Some Of Us Are Brave: All the Women Are White, All the Blacks Are Men: Black Women's Studies
  • Massacre of the Dreamers: Essays on Xicanisma
  • The Revolution Starts at Home: Confronting Intimate Violence Within Activist Communities
  • White Women, Race Matters: The Social Construction of Whiteness
  • Medicine Stories: History, Culture and the Politics of Integrity
  • Killing the Black Body: Race, Reproduction, and the Meaning of Liberty
  • Words of Fire: An Anthology of African-American Feminist Thought
Gloria E. Anzaldúa was a scholar of Chicana cultural theory, feminist theory, and queer theory. She loosely based her best-known book, Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza, on her life growing up on the Mexican-Texas border and incorporated her lifelong feelings of social and cultural marginalization into her work.

When she was eleven, her family relocated to Hargill, Texas. Despite feeling dis
More about Gloria E. Anzaldúa...
Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza Making Face, Making Soul/Haciendo Caras: Creative and Critical Perspectives by Feminists of Color The Gloria Anzaldúa Reader Prietita and the Ghost Woman/Prietita y la llorona Friends from the Other Side/Amigos del otro lado