Start by marking “This Bridge We Call Home: Radical Visions for Transformation” as Want to Read:
This Bridge We Call Home: Radical Visions for Transformation

This Bridge We Call Home: Radical Visions for Transformation

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  410 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Over 20 years the anthology This Bridge Called My Back challenged feminists to envision new forms of communities and practices. Gloria E. Anzaldúa and AnaLouise Keating have brought together an ambitions collection of over 80 original contributions offering a bold new vision of women-of-colour consciousness for the 21st century.
Published September 20th 2002 by Routledge (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about This Bridge We Call Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Bridge We Call Home

This Bridge Called My Back by Cherríe L. MoragaBorderlands/La Frontera by Gloria E. AnzaldúaThe Color Purple by Alice WalkerSister Citizen by Melissa V. Harris-PerryBlack Feminist Thought by Patricia Hill Collins
Feminist Books by Women of Color
9th out of 41 books — 17 voters
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodThe Second Sex by Simone de BeauvoirA Room of One's Own by Virginia WoolfThe Bell Jar by Sylvia PlathJane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Best Feminist Books
338th out of 1,039 books — 1,207 voters

More lists with this book...

Tanuja
Nov 09, 2008 Tanuja rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: napantleras
Shelves: favorites
I will always be "currently reading" this book - in fact, I am once again currently reading it! There is always something to learn from it - as a feminist woman of color, I highly appreciate this book for widening the scope of the discussion to include South Asian/Indian women and seeking to create ways to sustainably transform this disempowering culture. Gloria Anzaldua gave us the amazing gift of her insight and dedication - I have a lot of hope for the future of things while I read this...
Steve
read bridge called my back first. then read this!
Meen
Jan 03, 2010 Meen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! If everyone read this book, it could save the world! :)
Recommended to Meen by: Amazon, actually, b/c I bought the 1st Bridge there!
This will always be on my currently-reading shelf. It is like a bible for me, and I read from it most nights to continually nurture my commitment to working towards the creation of radically inclusive human community. And like some other reviewers, I recommend reading This Bride Called My Back first, so you can fully appreciate the metaphor of life on/as the bridge...
Dali
I love this book. It may intimidate you at first because it has so many pages, but it's a great read. You will have endless conversations with friends about it and everyone can relate to the topics.
sawyer
Jun 13, 2007 sawyer marked it as to-read
I started reading this more than a year ago but had to return it to the library and haven't picked it back up, but want to!
Justine
Jun 18, 2012 Justine is currently reading it
I've started this but keep getting distracted! I will finish this even if it's only in bits and pieces
Amanda Reynolds-Gregg
Amanda Reynolds-Gregg marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Molly Mendenhall
Molly Mendenhall marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Amgchesis
Amgchesis marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Chris Swart
Chris Swart marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Valerie Ruffin
Valerie Ruffin marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Ryan Richardson
Ryan Richardson marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Adriana
Adriana marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Tessara Dudley
Tessara Dudley marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Cybele
Cybele marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Grasser
Grasser marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Julia Davidovitz
Julia Davidovitz marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Hezekiah
Hezekiah marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Keishua
Keishua marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
  • Methodology of the Oppressed
  • Woman, Native, Other: Writing Postcoloniality and Feminism
  • Feminism without Borders: Decolonizing Theory, Practicing Solidarity
  • Feminism FOR REAL: Deconstructing the Academic Industrial Complex of Feminism
  • Pedagogies of Crossing: Meditations on Feminism, Sexual Politics, Memory, and the Sacred
  • Chicana Lesbians: The Girls Our Mothers Warned Us about
  • But Some Of Us Are Brave: All the Women Are White, All the Blacks Are Men: Black Women's Studies
  • The Revolution Starts at Home: Confronting Intimate Violence Within Activist Communities
  • Medicine Stories: History, Culture and the Politics of Integrity
  • Consensual Genocide
  • Killing the Black Body: Race, Reproduction, and the Meaning of Liberty
  • Home Girls: A Black Feminist Anthology
  • White Women, Race Matters: The Social Construction of Whiteness
  • Dragon Ladies: Asian American Feminists Breathe Fire
  • Black Feminist Thought: Knowledge, Consciousness, and the Politics of Empowerment
Gloria E. Anzaldúa was a scholar of Chicana cultural theory, feminist theory, and queer theory. She loosely based her best-known book, Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza, on her life growing up on the Mexican-Texas border and incorporated her lifelong feelings of social and cultural marginalization into her work.

When she was eleven, her family relocated to Hargill, Texas. Despite feeling dis
More about Gloria E. Anzaldúa...
Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza Making Face, Making Soul/Haciendo Caras: Creative and Critical Perspectives by Feminists of Color The Gloria Anzaldúa Reader Prietita and the Ghost Woman/Prietita y la llorona Friends from the Other Side/Amigos del otro lado