Start by marking “Virgin Territory: Stories from the Road to Womanhood” as Want to Read:
Virgin Territory: Stories from the Road to Womanhood

Virgin Territory: Stories from the Road to Womanhood

2.9 of 5 stars 2.90  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  7 reviews
From Barbies to Bras to Botox . . .

Of course you remember your first period, but what about the first time you donned a suit and a pair of sensible pumps for a job interview? How about the first time you were catcalled while walking down the street? The first time you said something that sounded just like it came out of your mother’s mouth? Do you remember the first time y
Published February 24th 2004 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Virgin Territory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin Territory

Jayme Drain
 This book was fantastic! It was a humorous, and realistic and it felt like the people telling their stories were close to you by the way they were so open about everything. There were really no negatives about this book in my opinion. The only thing I can think of that isn't as positive is that the audience is sexist, but that is unintentional. The book will keep you reading, and makes you laugh all the time. It will bring out your mature side, and could probably answer some questions you have
Hadorah Freckles
bloorrring. got 20 pages in and said no more.
Ellyn
Feb 24, 2009 Ellyn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2004
A collection of first-person accounts of "first time" stories from women of all ages and backgrounds. The topics range from first bras to first loves to first jobs. Although some of the stories reminded me of "Say Anything" moments (anyone remember those?), I enjoyed them, and they all made me smile. It was also interesting to note the generational differences among the stories.
Jessica
The idea of a bunch of short writings recounting woman's firsts (of many things) sounded like an interesting read. The book itself was awful. The stories were mostly dull and didn't always seem to have an end. Most stories came across shallow. It went from being a comedy in one story to very deep the next. It just didn't work. Skip this one if you can!
Anissa Rajala
OMG, this is one of thee funniest outlooks on every type of "first" a woman could encounter. I found myself always laughing out loud in public and people were looking at me funny.

Excellent!

Michelle
Very disappointing. Most of the stories were so forgettable. I had to wonder why some of them even made the book. I was expecting to read some really wild, wacky, and or emotional firsts.
'stina
Feb 03, 2009 'stina rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
Fluffy but Ok.
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Koech Cyrus
Koech Cyrus marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Jen Richer
Jen Richer marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Shelly Anderson
Shelly Anderson marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Eden
Eden marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Al Kin
Al Kin added it
Jul 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Up For Renewal: What Magazines Taught Me About Love, Sex, and Starting Over Up For Renewal