Start by marking “365 Bedtime Stories” as Want to Read:
365 Bedtime Stories

365 Bedtime Stories

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A story for every day of the year about the children on What-a-Jolly Street.
Published January 1st 1981 by Merrigold Press (first published 1955)

To ask other readers questions about 365 Bedtime Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 365 Bedtime Stories

My father read this to me and my brother every night with this book that must have been from his youth cuz the fucker was old. I tried to find it on eBay but since so many people gots the nostalgia for dis book, it's like $40+. It's on my wishlist, as I collect the pleasant memories of my youth.
This was one of my favorite books when I was a child! I loved all the families on What A Jolly Street and always wished I lived on a street like that! When my kids were little I looked all over for a copy for them but never was able to find one. This is a true classic!
My favourite book as a child. I remember looking forward to the story each night and then a few years later reading them to my younger brother. This is the sort of book that stays with you throughout your life. I went on to read it to my children and hopefully one day will read it to my grandchildren. It's old and worn and the pages are falling out which shows it is a much loved book.
Sheryl Tribble
This cover is so wrong...

This is the absolute bestest daily bedtime stories book! My great-aunt gave us a copy with the original 1955 illustrations when I was little, but we lost it in a move, and I looked and looked and looked for something half as good, but found nothing that remotely compared except Bible story books, which are not quite the same thing.

While many books have an individual story for each day, in this book the stories are all somehow linked to the families on Trufflescootums Bou
Alyce Rocco
I do not remember this cover, so am guessing it is the same book my oldest sister used to read to me before bedtime. As I learned to read, I re-visited stories, picking and choosing the ones I liked, rather than start to end as my sister did.

I either had a copy or borrowed my sister's when I started having children of my own. Again, I skipped around, because some of the stories bored me.
Recently found this at a thrift shop, and recognized the cover instantly. A wonderful step back to the child's world of the 60's, and fun to note all the politically incorrect content!
I loved this book when I was little. I have been searching for a copy for my own kids. Loved the stories & the little lessons in them!
My mother bought me this wonderful book the year it was published. I still have it and read it to my grandchildren.
I had completely forgotten about this book till I saw it on Ebay. I remember that I loved the illustrations.
Sarah added it
Nov 21, 2015
Susan Catherine
Susan Catherine marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Anna Demchenko
Anna Demchenko marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Gh marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Donna Ripollone
Donna Ripollone marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Ratan Udasi
Ratan Udasi marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Jd marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Naureen marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Kali marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Amanda Burke
Amanda Burke marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Cilla Watson
Cilla Watson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Arwa Mohamed
Arwa Mohamed marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Lamyaa marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Mollie marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Matthew Phenix
Matthew Phenix marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Britney marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Angela Dodds
Angela Dodds marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015