Start by marking “365 Bedtime Stories” as Want to Read:
365 Bedtime Stories

365 Bedtime Stories

4.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A story for every day of the year about the children on What-a-Jolly Street.
Paperback
Published January 1st 1981 by Merrigold Press (first published 1955)

To ask other readers questions about 365 Bedtime Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 365 Bedtime Stories

Veronica
My favourite book as a child. I remember looking forward to the story each night and then a few years later reading them to my younger brother. This is the sort of book that stays with you throughout your life. I went on to read it to my children and hopefully one day will read it to my grandchildren. It's old and worn and the pages are falling out which shows it is a much loved book.
Elizabeth
Apr 02, 2007 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
My father read this to me and my brother every night with this book that must have been from his youth cuz the fucker was old. I tried to find it on eBay but since so many people gots the nostalgia for dis book, it's like $40+. It's on my wishlist, as I collect the pleasant memories of my youth.
Lisa
Jun 26, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pre-2005
This was one of my favorite books when I was a child! I loved all the families on What A Jolly Street and always wished I lived on a street like that! When my kids were little I looked all over for a copy for them but never was able to find one. This is a true classic!
Steve Rainwater
I loved this book as a kiddo. The stories themselves are mostly boring Dick-and-Jane type stuff but I was fascinated by the continuity of 365 different stories that all take place in the same universe. I expect it was somehow responsible for my later attraction to science fiction authors such as Heinlein who created coherent fictional universes in which numerous stories and novels co-exist.
Sheryl Tribble
Dec 30, 2013 Sheryl Tribble rated it it was amazing
This cover is so wrong...

This is the absolute bestest daily bedtime stories book! My great-aunt gave us a copy with the original 1955 illustrations when I was little, but we lost it in a move, and I looked and looked and looked for something half as good, but found nothing that remotely compared except Bible story books, which are not quite the same thing.

While many books have an individual story for each day, in this book the stories are all somehow linked to the families on Trufflescootums Bou
Alyce Rocco
I do not remember this cover, so am guessing it is the same book my oldest sister used to read to me before bedtime. As I learned to read, I re-visited stories, picking and choosing the ones I liked, rather than start to end as my sister did.

I either had a copy or borrowed my sister's when I started having children of my own. Again, I skipped around, because some of the stories bored me.
Lynne
Aug 31, 2012 Lynne rated it it was amazing
Recently found this at a thrift shop, and recognized the cover instantly. A wonderful step back to the child's world of the 60's, and fun to note all the politically incorrect content!
Michelle
Sep 28, 2010 Michelle rated it really liked it
I loved this book when I was little. I have been searching for a copy for my own kids. Loved the stories & the little lessons in them!
Jamie
May 16, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
My mother bought me this wonderful book the year it was published. I still have it and read it to my grandchildren.
Roberta
Apr 22, 2009 Roberta rated it it was amazing
I had completely forgotten about this book till I saw it on Ebay. I remember that I loved the illustrations.
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Angela
Angela is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2016
Subatra
Subatra marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Yomainbitch
Yomainbitch marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Deb
Deb added it
Feb 01, 2016
Kristine Hansen
Kristine Hansen marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Nov 30, 2015
Sarah added it
Nov 21, 2015
Susan Catherine
Susan Catherine marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Anna Demchenko
Anna Demchenko marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Gh
Gh marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Connie
Connie rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015