Start by marking “Metallica” as Want to Read:
Metallica

Metallica

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Forming a love-hate friendship with fellow Dane Lars Ulrich, Halfin has spent the last 15 years tracking Metallica from their beginning, through parties, bad times, mega-gigs and extreme locations to assemble this portrait of one of the most successful metal bands in the world. Packed from cover to cover with stunning color photographs.
Published April 1st 2006 by Omnibus Press (first published December 12th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Metallica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metallica

ザ
Amazing so far, one of the best books talking about the history of a band that defined an entire era and many generations.
Brandon
I've been a Metallica fan for the better part of 10 years. While NOTHING could ever compare to the disappointment I felt after my first listen of 2003's St. Anger, I've enjoyed everything else they've ever recorded. I've purchased all of their albums, several t-shirts and live recordings. Hell, I even owned the action figures!

I'd never even heard of this book until I opened it as a Christmas present from a friend of mine. I was both surprised and excited.

That being said, not a whole lot to write
Victor James
I found this book very interesting about how Metallica was in the Thrash metal genre and they went a bit more commercial about peoples comments on that and what the guys in Metallica thought. It's a very interesting book they are like every other Rock band except the drugs part they just drank a lot which also made it interesting how drinking kicked one of their old band mates out of Metallica, and started his own band.
Maggie
Rosalie is OBSESSED with this book. She especially likes to look at it while she uses the potty. She often requests, "tala, tala!" (Metallica).

The short hair photos are just as sad as you expect them to be. And the photographer's captions are just as crappy as Metallica's newer lyrics. But of course this is a fun book.
Deyara
Great pictures, covers Cliff days right through to Rob days though with a bit of a gap in the middle. Well set out.
Serick
Serick marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Caldert
Caldert marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Nawshaba
Nawshaba marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Erin Young
Erin Young marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Fernando Feld
Fernando Feld marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Elvis
Elvis added it
Sep 11, 2014
Austin Scott
Austin Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Bijjalraj
Bijjalraj marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Lynn Pickering
Lynn Pickering marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Gabriela
Gabriela marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Def Leppard: The Definitive Visual History The Ultimate Metallica Iron Maiden Iron Maiden: A photographic history Fragile: Human Organs