Start by marking “Metallica” as Want to Read:
Metallica

Metallica

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Forming a love-hate friendship with fellow Dane Lars Ulrich, Halfin has spent the last 15 years tracking Metallica from their beginning, through parties, bad times, mega-gigs and extreme locations to assemble this portrait of one of the most successful metal bands in the world. Packed from cover to cover with stunning color photographs.
Published April 1st 2006 by Omnibus Press (first published December 12th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Metallica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metallica

Hunger For Knowledge
This is a re-read of an re-read of an re-read. While doing my infamous cleaning spree, I took a break from dusting my coffee table books, and dove into the world of Metallica. I know, I have really cool coffee table books.

Metallica by Ross Halfin has always been one of my most favorite books when comes to photography art. It's not as it would be the greatest book in the world of image art but it has always managed to show me the Metallica I have grown to love (and hate) by chronicling 15 years
Brandon
I've been a Metallica fan for the better part of 10 years. While NOTHING could ever compare to the disappointment I felt after my first listen of 2003's St. Anger, I've enjoyed everything else they've ever recorded. I've purchased all of their albums, several t-shirts and live recordings. Hell, I even owned the action figures!

I'd never even heard of this book until I opened it as a Christmas present from a friend of mine. I was both surprised and excited.

That being said, not a whole lot to write
ザ
Amazing so far, one of the best books talking about the history of a band that defined an entire era and many generations.
Victor James
I found this book very interesting about how Metallica was in the Thrash metal genre and they went a bit more commercial about peoples comments on that and what the guys in Metallica thought. It's a very interesting book they are like every other Rock band except the drugs part they just drank a lot which also made it interesting how drinking kicked one of their old band mates out of Metallica, and started his own band.
Maggie
Rosalie is OBSESSED with this book. She especially likes to look at it while she uses the potty. She often requests, "tala, tala!" (Metallica).

The short hair photos are just as sad as you expect them to be. And the photographer's captions are just as crappy as Metallica's newer lyrics. But of course this is a fun book.
Deyara
Great pictures, covers Cliff days right through to Rob days though with a bit of a gap in the middle. Well set out.
Jt
Jt marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Viktor Eliasson
Viktor Eliasson marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Timur
Timur marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Panthea
Panthea marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Jenna Coghlan
Jenna Coghlan marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Vito Farhan
Vito Farhan marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Danny Herreriia
Danny Herreriia marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Dave Kay
Dave Kay marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Rosanne
Rosanne marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Serick
Serick marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Caldert
Caldert marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • So What!: The Good, The Mad, and The Ugly
  • Metallica: This Monster Lives: The Inside Story of Some Kind of Monster
  • Justice for All: The Truth about Metallica
  • The Hellraiser Chronicles
  • Metallica and Philosophy: A Crash Course in Brain Surgery
  • The Doors
  • Black Tooth Grin: The High Life, Good Times, and Tragic End of "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott
  • Murder Rap
  • Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock and Heavy Metal
  • Bringing Metal to the Children: The Complete Berserker's Guide to World Tour Domination
  • Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness
  • Enter Night: A Biography of Metallica
  • Romanticism: An Anthology with CD-ROM
  • The Phish Book
  • Style Me Vintage: Hair: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Hairstyles
  • Castle
  • Wouldn't it Be Nice: Brian Wilson and the Making of the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds
  • Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir
Def Leppard: The Definitive Visual History The Ultimate Metallica Iron Maiden Iron Maiden: A photographic history Fragile: Human Organs