Start by marking “The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II” as Want to Read:
The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II

The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II (Nitpickers Guide Series)

A follow-up to the first, best-selling Nitpicker's guide ferrets out the plot inconsistencies, scientific inaccuracies, and other foul-ups in the seventh, final season of the TV series, Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Published October 1st 1995 by Dell (first published November 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II

John Peel
Sep 20, 2014 John Peel rated it really liked it
Okay, I admit it - I do myself what this book does - watch something and then pick at the plot failures. Or the strange glasses that keep refilling themselves when we're not watching them. But this book does it in a funny way, skewering the problems and making lots of jokes on the way. If you can't stand someone finding fault with a beloved show, then avoid this like the plague - otherwise, sit back, enjoy and have a good chuckle.
Phillip
Nov 21, 2014 Phillip rated it liked it
This book has been a companion on my journey (like time!) as I did my TNG rewatch. It only goes through Generations, so here endeth this book's mission. I know some fans don't care for nitpicks, but I think this book does it with fan-ish love. We all have to be open to recognizing when mistakes are made! Sometimes we just have to shrug our shoulders or else come up with some fan reason. This book (2nd ed) has submissions from fans as well as the author covering all seven seasons (and a movie) of ...more
J.W. Braun
May 25, 2010 J.W. Braun rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of Phil's Nitpicker's Guides. Phil listened to his fans when he put this together and used their contributions, and that effort pays off. And, unlike the Volume 1 book, this one covers the complete series as well as the first film (which is sort of the end of TNG the tv show in a way, since the movie was filmed right after series and features the Enterprise D). Overall, this far surpasses the first nitpicker's guide.
Daniel Kukwa
Sep 20, 2011 Daniel Kukwa rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
I absolutely ADORED this book (updated to include TNG's seven year run & the film "Generations"). It points out some fascinating inconsistencies, goofs, and outrageous mistakes with great humour...and occasionally made me laugh until I cried. A book to give to those who think that "Star Trek" fans can be too po-faced and straight-laced for their own good. Some of them DO have a sense of humour...and this work of love proves it.
Will
May 29, 2009 Will rated it it was amazing
Shelves: joke-books, reference
Next time you're watching a rerun of Star Trek TNG, follow along with this handy book, and you too can know how many times Data uses a contraction throughout a given episode! Four! Or, how Geordi knows when a bomb is planted by the Romulans! It used a molecular decay detonator!

Boner!
Joy
Dec 25, 2014 Joy rated it liked it
In a similar format to the first volume, this book explores the errors found in Star Trek The Next Generation. This book covers errors that were missed in the first volume and adds season 7.
Tracy
Nov 23, 2007 Tracy rated it it was amazing
I love both the Nitpickers Guides. I can't watch an episode now without remembering all the funny little insights I that I read about in these books, years ago.
André
Dec 07, 2007 André rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Whoot! Another nitpicker's guide! And just as the others, it's great fun. Who would've thought that one could find so many errors in Star Trek? =)
Abraham Ray
Apr 30, 2015 Abraham Ray rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
a good book of star trek next generation shows!
John
John marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Dylan
Dylan rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
ZW
ZW rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Galene
Galene marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Kayla
Kayla added it
Aug 28, 2016
Robert Cummins
Robert Cummins marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Mary Emmanuelle LLenos
Mary Emmanuelle LLenos marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Caeric
Caeric marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Pete Caron
Pete Caron marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Tony
Tony rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Elizabeth bravo
Elizabeth bravo marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Eric R
Eric R rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation - Technical Manual
  • The Star Trek Encyclopedia
  • Ahistory: An Unauthorized History of the Doctor Who Universe
  • Where No One Has Gone Before: A History in Pictures (Star Trek: All)
  • The Klingon Dictionary
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion
  • Star Trek Star Fleet Technical Manual
  • Star Trek: Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise
  • Doctor Who: A Celebration; Two Decades Through Time and Space
  • Best Destiny (Star Trek)
  • Star Trek Compendium Rev/Ed
  • Deep Domain
  • Violations (Star Trek: Voyager #4)
  • Star Trek Star Charts: The Complete Atlas of Star Trek
  • The Mist (Star Trek: The Captain's Table, #3)
  • The Patrian Transgression
  • The World of Star Trek

Nitpickers Guide Series (2 books)
  • The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers