Start by marking “Top Ten Greek Legends” as Want to Read:
Top Ten Greek Legends

Top Ten Greek Legends (Top Ten)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  125 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Want to know what Hercules was doing before he got his own TV show? This whimsical guide explains the figures and themes of ten major Greek myths. Readers also get a glimpse of everyday life in Ancient Greece.
Paperback, First Edition, 192 pages
Published March 20th 1998 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Top Ten Greek Legends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Ten Greek Legends

Jordan
Jan 03, 2016 Jordan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amusing abridgement of the big Greek myths, and a rather interesting assortment of facts on ancient Greece and the gods and goddesses that their culture created.

The droll commentary on the plights of the deities was also much appreciated, though I think it could lead to some confusion for my English Language Learners; some idioms were a little too difficult to access, even for me. But, overall, I think this will be a great collection to help spice up my curriculum this week.

Good find, would
Kailey M.
Oct 27, 2012 Kailey M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Top Ten Greek Legends was an adventure through Greek mythology. This book is full of fun facts about the many Gods and Goddesses. It tells their stories and how many of the legends came to be. I learned a lot about how and why certain sayings came to be that are used everyday. One common example is the saying, "Birds of a Feather flock together". This is what other gods would say to Nemesis. He was a god who could shape change and become anything he chose. As humourous as this book was it also ...more
♥Xeni♥
These books are just a great, hilarious way to learn history (or myths, in this case). I don't know how many there are in the series, but the Rotten Romans and these Legends were my two favorites.

Thanks to this book I know my Greek legends pretty darn well (well enough to recall them on a whim for inconsequential discussions on who had a worse lot: Oedipus or Heracles or one of the other 8 top myths!

One thing I definitely learned: the Oracle at Delphi was seriously the most messed up place to
Rashmeet Kaur
Nov 11, 2015 Rashmeet Kaur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute, fun way to interact with Greek Mythology. Love the illustrations and the narrator has a sarcastic tone that I LOVE!

- R
Costanza Kuke
A very funny way for a first contact with greek legends. No matter your age, you'll get involved.
Noah Chanthongthip
Feb 08, 2012 Noah Chanthongthip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I like greek legends and this book was funny and informational. If you want to learn about greek gods this is the perfect book. It was good and I plan on reading it again. It never gets old because you learn a little more every time you read it.
Christopher Litsinger
Surprisingly fun for both Quinn and me. Greek myths accurately told with fun illustrations and lots to keep a kid interested. This would be a great gift for someone 8-10; even if they don't love reading, they would probably have fun with this.
Nikhil Pansare
Hilarious book. Deary mocks nearly all of Greek mythology.
Bookmogul
Bookmogul marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Richard Veerman
Richard Veerman rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Caoimhe Smullen
Caoimhe Smullen rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Charlotte Fraser
Charlotte Fraser marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Sara Rebecca
Sara Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Charley Zirbel
Charley Zirbel marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Carmen
Carmen rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Hadrian
Hadrian marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Chloe
Chloe added it
Jan 26, 2016
Laura Lea
Laura Lea marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Jolana
Jolana rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Adi
Adi rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Miss J.G. Smart
Miss J.G. Smart marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Anthony James
Anthony James rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Pauline Dennis
Pauline Dennis marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Teti H.
Teti H. marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
WorldWind
WorldWind marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
  • Henry the VIII and His Chopping Block
  • Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and  Molecular Biology
  • Atlas of Human Anatomy, Volume 1: Head, neck, upper limb
  • The Bible of Illuminated Letters: A Treasury of Decorative Calligraphy
  • Kamikaze: A Japanese Pilot's Own Spectacular Story of the Famous Suicide Squadrons
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Ultimate Reading List
  • Even More Short & Shivery: Forty Five Spine Tingling Tales
  • Arms & Armor
  • Medical Physiology, Updated Edition: With Student Consult Online Access
  • Anne Frank
A former actor, theatre-director and drama teacher, Deary says he began writing when he was 29. Most famously, he is one of the authors of the Horrible Histories series of books popular among children for their disgusting details, gory information and humorous pictures and among adults for getting children interested in history. Books in the series have been widely translated into other languages ...more
More about Terry Deary...

Top Ten (9 books)
  • Shakespeare Stories (Top Ten)
  • 10 Best Bible Stories Ever (10 Best Ever)
  • Top Ten Irish Legends (Top Ten)
  • Top Ten Horror Stories (Top Ten S.)
  • 10 Best Ghost Stories Ever (10 Best Ever)
  • Top Ten Arthurian Legends
  • Top Ten Fairy Stories (Top Ten S.)
  • Top Ten Viking Legends