Top Ten Greek Legends

Top Ten Greek Legends (Top Ten)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Want to know what Hercules was doing before he got his own TV show? This whimsical guide explains the figures and themes of ten major Greek myths. Readers also get a glimpse of everyday life in Ancient Greece.
Paperback, First Edition, 192 pages
Published March 20th 1998 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Top Ten Greek Legends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Ten Greek Legends

Kailey M.
Top Ten Greek Legends was an adventure through Greek mythology. This book is full of fun facts about the many Gods and Goddesses. It tells their stories and how many of the legends came to be. I learned a lot about how and why certain sayings came to be that are used everyday. One common example is the saying, "Birds of a Feather flock together". This is what other gods would say to Nemesis. He was a god who could shape change and become anything he chose. As humourous as this book was it also...more
♥Xeni♥
These books are just a great, hilarious way to learn history (or myths, in this case). I don't know how many there are in the series, but the Rotten Romans and these Legends were my two favorites.

Thanks to this book I know my Greek legends pretty darn well (well enough to recall them on a whim for inconsequential discussions on who had a worse lot: Oedipus or Heracles or one of the other 8 top myths!

One thing I definitely learned: the Oracle at Delphi was seriously the most messed up place to...more
Noah Chanthongthip
Feb 08, 2012 Noah Chanthongthip rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I like greek legends and this book was funny and informational. If you want to learn about greek gods this is the perfect book. It was good and I plan on reading it again. It never gets old because you learn a little more every time you read it.
Christopher Litsinger
Surprisingly fun for both Quinn and me. Greek myths accurately told with fun illustrations and lots to keep a kid interested. This would be a great gift for someone 8-10; even if they don't love reading, they would probably have fun with this.
Nikhil
Hilarious book. Deary mocks nearly all of Greek mythology.
Steffie Hardy
Steffie Hardy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Douni Sully
Douni Sully marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Danica Colnarić
Danica Colnarić marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Juliet
Juliet marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Zohreh Hanifeh
Zohreh Hanifeh marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Sharufmahmood
Sharufmahmood marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Brenna
Brenna added it
Mar 02, 2014
Kashan
Kashan marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Monirah
Monirah marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A former actor, theatre-director and drama teacher, Deary says he began writing when he was 29. Most famously, he is one of the authors of the Horrible Histories series of books popular among children for their disgusting details, gory information and humorous pictures and among adults for getting children interested in history. Books in the series have been widely translated into other languages...more
More about Terry Deary...
The Groovy Greeks The Awesome Egyptians The Vicious Vikings (Horrible Histories) The Rotten Romans The Terrible Tudors