Start by marking “The Edge of the Sky” as Want to Read:
The Edge of the Sky

The Edge of the Sky

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Lana Porter had it all-a happy marriage and two wonderful daughters-until her husband's tragic accident left her near-perfect life in ruins... Now, nearly a year later, Lana is still picking up the pieces when she is blindsided by the appearance of her adopted daughter Micki's birth father. He comes bearing startling news: that Micki's birth mother was a rock and roll star...more
Published February 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Edge of the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Edge of the Sky

Melody
I had to stop reading this book. I got about 150 pages in (I guess I'll just google the ending) but couldn't continue the hope of "MAYBE the author won't cuss anymore. Maybe this is the last F-bomb she'll drop." The author is a WOMAN and she cusses like a sailor. What is up with all the cussing in books lately? It's not like it offers any depth to the characters, it isn't necessary AT ALL to the story....so WHY? I am getting REALLY bugged about it though. The story wasn't life changing, just a f...more
Kerry
Good book though having now read The Good Sister and The Edge of the Sky I wonder if her books are all based on a helpless sister who depends way too much on her older sister while married to a domineering husband who only wants to keep her barefoot & pregant. Also, what was up with so many references to Levi jeans? I thought I was reading a commericial for the jeans as many times as they were mentioned.
Shauna
I really like Drusilla Campbell's stories. I think typically they are light easy reads. Not this one. I should have known when I found it at the Dollar Tree (but sometimes I really get great picks there!). To be honest, I don't even know how this book was published. The "climax" of this story happens on the second page. The rest of the story (in MY opinion) really went no where. I didn't feel like I was awaiting a resolution or expecting anything to happen. Okay, that might be a fib. I WAS waiti...more
Tabatha
II didn't care for this book enough to finish it. It wasn't nearly as good as her other books I have read.
Maureen
Campbell, Drusilla The Edge of the Sky--a slow and confusing beginning with characters that were not likable and/or stereotypical. However, as the plot develops I did begin to enjoy the book. the main characters of Lana porter and her daughters, Beth and Micki, did develop and grow. The stereotypical Sicilian brother was an awful prejudicial statement by the author which I found shallow and offensive.
Donna
Lana Porter had a good life with her husband and two daughters. But one fateful night everything went topsy turvy. That was the night her husband died in an auto accident and their lives were shattered.

Now Lana is trying to keep the family together and be a good mother to her girls. New challenges arise daily and through all of them the bond between mother and daughters grows stronger. Lord knows there were many days that seemed like the bottom was falling out of everything.

Families aren't per...more
Lisa Newman
Druscilla is one of my favorite writers. I've been following her since her first book and she never lets me down. She's from San Diego my hometown so it makes it that much more special. I've yet to read a bad book of hers. I'm looking forward to her next one to add my my collection! She is amazing!
Marjorie Seward
Feb 13, 2011 Marjorie Seward rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
It's hard enough to raise a family, especially teens, with two parents but when one of the parents is taken away what happens to the rest of the family. I think the author did a good job in tell this story and getting the family back into perspective.
Pmcdnld2
A mom with 2 teenage daughters-one biological, one adopted tryin to deal with the accidental death of her husband, teenage rebellion, her adopted daughter's bio-father, and her mom and sisters with their own issued. Good read.
Sarah Strauss
This book is enjoyable. There are a few parts of the book I could have done without. Overall, a good story about how grief can pull a family apart when no one is communicating how they feel about that situation.
Tammy
A story of a family dealing with the death of the father/husband. I feel the writer had a good idea of teenage girls. There was a little too much description of streets but all in all a fair book.
Lindsay Murphy
Not the best book. There were too many characters that did not have proper development and the plot was boring. I kept thinking the book was going to get better but it never did.
Chaya Abrams
I really enjoyed this book. The author's style is very open and honest and it was a stunning depiction of what happens in families due to grief and loss
Teresa
I have really loved all of this author's books so far and this one is no exception. It had a really good plot and i enjoyed it alot.
Barbara
Very good book about life and death, raising teenagers as a single parent. Great for mothers of teens to read!
Emma
This book was just nothing special. The writing was not absolutely terrible, but it didn't stand out to me either.
Joyce Findlay
I like books with real people and their thoughts and feelings. I enjoyed this book.
Michelle Pannell
Started off very well but I got a little bored with it by the end. Worth reading.
Connie
Facinating interplay between mothers, daughters and sisters.
Charlotte
Good read, however, her books all seem to have the same theme going.
Naviana
Fantastically written novel!
Melissa
I enjoyed this book.
Maureen Neylon
Maureen Neylon is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2014
Bonnie Pribbernow
Bonnie Pribbernow marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Drusilla Campbell lives in San Diego with her husband, the lawyer-poet-professor, Art Campbell, two rescued dogs and four horses. She was born in Melbourne, Australia and came to California when she was six years old. Before that she criss-crossed the United States by train and car with her brave and resourceful mother and mostly adorable baby brother. She had sailed the Pacific Ocean three times...more
More about Drusilla Campbell...
The Good Sister Blood Orange Little Girl Gone Wildwood When She Came Home