Blank-133x176
Classical Comics: Jane...

Brigit Viney

Classical Comics: Jane Eyre

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A series of graded readers for young adult learners that combines attractive comic strip illustrations with timeless classical literature. It features a blend of contemporary storytelling and artwork.
Published March 7th 2011 by Heinle & Heinle Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Classical Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classical Comics

Hollis
I was initially sceptical about this: it struck me as the latest ''get the kidz into reading'' project. However, I changed my mind after reading this. The artwork was really beautiful. If you have read the book before, it will add to your appreciation. If you haven't, it will encourage you to go and find the original text. I think these graphic novels are a great idea and I will definitely be reading more.

I think one or two reviewers have misunderstood the nature of this graphic novel: it is mo...more
Brandon O'Neill
I bought several in the Classical Comics series. They definately are not to be used in place of the text, but to help understand the classics or to be an introduction to the story, if the kids don't know it.
I'm supposed to be reading Jane Eyre for my book club, but it is checked out, so I'm doing the quick and dirty version. I did like the story, but it is chopped up so much - it does not always flow nicely. It did make for an interesting story - ghosts, abuse, and unrequited love. In that se...more
Samaheradam
Samaheradam marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
Kassak
Kassak marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2010
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2009
English Grammar in Use CD-ROM The History of the English Language White Fang (Penguin Readers Level 2) Henry V Graphic Novel Great Expectations: The ELT Graphic Novel [With 3 CDs]