Start by marking “Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)” as Want to Read:
Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)

Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires #6)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  38,995 ratings  ·  868 reviews
Read Rachel Caine's posts on the Penguin Blog

In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace-until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop
Published June 2nd 2009 by Signet (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Carpe Corpus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carpe Corpus

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareBlood Promise by Richelle MeadHunted by P.C. CastEvermore by Alyson Noel
Books for 2009
35th out of 575 books — 2,398 voters
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. CastCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
403rd out of 21,640 books — 57,127 voters

More lists with this book...

Carpe Corpus is the sixth installment of Claire’s story in the Morganville series. As with the other books, Caine does a great job in keeping the action going and twisting the events when you least expect it.

In this book, Bishop’s rule comes to an endgame and the people of Morganville, humans and vampires, make a move to take back their town. Claire faces her most challenging moments as she becomes the pawn between both Amelie and Bishop. Her loyal friends, Shane, Michael and Eve are never far o
Wooo Hooo! I will say hands down that this is the best one yet!! Way to go Ms. Caine!! This series is so different from all the other vampire books I have read. Sure they tap into the same well at one point or another, but the creative plots and the action packed, fast-paced story takes you into a whole other level. You can't but help falling in love with this series. (And Shane and Michael of course)

I have to say that I have waited for page 120 & 121 patiently and I was totally giddy! Now,
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Review on later date.... Maybe.
Emily Duncan
So, i freakin love this series. In my opinion they top just about every vampire series out there.
That said, i realise that this book came out about two months ago. I know... i know because i bought it the day it came out.
It's not that it took me two months to read a 200 page book. It's just that if i own a book i do not read it. I don't know why. And it bugs me. But it's the sad truth.
That said, this was, of course, excellent. It was probably the first Morganville book i've read that had an end
Anzu The Great Destroyer
This will be a mini-review because I have no idea what to write in the first place. So get ready for some good rambling.

Carpe Corpus, or as my good friend Google likes to call it, “seize the body” (weird, huh?) is a fancy schmancy way of playing with the old “Carpe Diem” (seize the day) gig as an analogy to Bishop being a bitch and Claire and Shane having some business time. Thank you for that one.

I liked this one better than the previous book. We’ve got more of the flip flo

Something scary, something sweet, something sad, something that rhymes with sad.

That sums up the 6th of the Morganville books.

Is it me, or did it feel like a last book in the series? Not even a cliffhanger in it, which is kind of a trademark for Rachel Caine.

There's so many stuff happening, in all fronts. Some of them are typical Morganville stuff. There's a big bad villain, a feeling of disrepair, allies where you least expect them, enemies where you sure as hell expect them, a couple of nail b

I've actually really liked this series so far, but for this book I need to point out some 'down sides'.

Claire does some rather stupid things/ acts kinda stupid in the last half of the book. She's suppose to be really smart but she can't see what's going / happening around her even though I'm sure that pretty much anyone reading the book can and did figure out just about everything that is happening and is about to happen long before it does.
The truth has to smack her upside the head
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: It’s okay
Rating: PG-17
Overall: On par with the rest of the series.
Characters: Well thought out.
Plot: Wrapping up some series questions and beginning anew with others.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Sure
Book Boyfriend: Sam/Myrnin

SUMMARY (60 words or less)

What can I say about this book, finally. And I’ll leave that at that. For those of you that have read, you know what I’m referring too. I’m glad that we are done with this plot line. I’m ready t
I swear, I'm going to have to make a 7th star. That's for books I have to force myself to put down and not immediately reread it. Charlaine Harris' Dead and Gone came close, but this one I physically had to use one hand to remove the book from the other hand and place it down. Then I used one hand to grab the other wrist to prevent me from picking it up.

OMG was this book beyond amazing. It had an ending, an actual ending that actually left me satisfied.

Everything was incredible and I won't gush
This was an okay story, but it was pretty dull compared to book 5.
Claire once again came across as naïve in this book, even though she seemed to have grown a little more mature in the last book. The way she expected people to just give her what she wanted with no thought to their own circumstance was just ridiculous. Has she learned nothing?

The storyline in this book was just so dull compared to the constant action of book 5. I found it pretty boring, and even the bits that were supposed to be m
If I could give this book 10 stars I would. Definitely my favourite in the series and not just because of Shane and Claire (but I did read that part twice) but because of all the action, twist and turns, suspense and witty characters that you can't help but love. Adore this series and will be sad when it ends.
A very worthy and satisfying climax novel for the current chain of events happening in Morganville.

As climax novels are supposed to do, "Carpe Corpus" brought a lot of things to a head, weaving all kinds of suspenseful and long-awaited moments into the plot. I don't want to spoil, but there are big things happening in terms of death (I was very saddened by the death at the end), relationships (finally *wink*), and struggles for the freedom of Morganville. Vampires and humans band together to ous
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
This and my other reviews can be found at

Amelie is nowhere to be seen and Bishop is now in charge, with Shane and his dad in prison, and Eve angry at both Claire and Michael, who are Bishop’s slaves, it is up to Myrnin to save them and Morganville. This is the first book in the series to not start straight after the last; it starts a few months after. This book changes everything in this series especially Claire and Shane’s relationship. I love the ending
Maria Snyder
I'm really enjoying this series. This is the first series besides Harry Potter that I've stuck with so long - 6 books is a record for me because I usually get bored with series books that go past 4 or 5 (maybe that's why I've been only writing 3 books in my series ;)

If you haven't had a chance to read this series, I suggest you do - start with Glass House and be prepared to be hooked :)
Another great installment of Morganville. Actually, this is probably my favorite one so far. I was surprised at each twist & turn the book took. And I may or may not have cried at one point. I can't wait to read the next one... And I'm not going to. I already started it. lol :)
Kate Nothem
Another great book in the series! Loved the character development and the more thorough introduction to Ada. Not as much action as the last book, which was nice. Love the Morganville vampires.
Wendy Darling
My favorite of the Morganville Vampire books so far...if only because there's finally some Shane action in it!
Cristina Boncea
Mi-a plăcut cartea. Claire este pusă într-o
situație complicată, fiind în același timp și de partea inamicului și împotriva sa. Bishop este stăpânul orașului și toți oamenii sunt în pericol. Împreună cu Myrnin și pretenii ei, Claire răstoarnă situația în favoarea lor.

Nu m-am plictisit nicio clipă. Multitudinea de personaje și evenimentele ce au avut loc în lanț m-au ținut captivă și pe mine în Morganville. Vreau să citesc următorul volum însă nu prea curând. Cel puțin în acest volum, totul s-a
Heather Dalgarno
Book 6 in the Morganville Vampires series, and I must admit I'm getting pretty bored.

For a supposed genius the main character Claire Danvers can be pretty stupid at times. Painfully obvious plot twists appear to flummox this 'braniac' and I found this particularly frustrating. Unlike some of the other Morganville books I found myself in a rush to finish this one, so that I could move onto something a bit more fun.

In this installment we see the showdown between the evil Mr Bishop and the native v
10/17/15: Rereading!!!

A lot has changed in Claire's life since the end of Lord of Misrule. For one, she's finally 17, and should be celebrating with her friends, but she's not. She also moved back in with her parents. She's now Bishop's errand girl, and is magically bound to do as he says, thanks to Myrnin's betrayal. I was so mad at him for that, but I also had this feeling that he had an ulterior motive and maybe even a plan. Maybe that's just denial caused by my love for him, or maybe not?

Sophie *Ninja Rapunzel*
What can I say about these books that hasn't already been said? Rachel Caine is brilliant, six books into a series and she can still throw in plot twists and turns that keep me guessing every single time! I know when I pick up one of these books that I can't have anything important to do because once I start I'm not going to stop until I'm done!

The characters are perfection every book. I love how Claire gets stronger and stronger, she has really learned how to hold her own. Mrynin, oh my gawd!
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for

Claire and her friends are divided over the recent events in Morganville. Shane's locked up with his father. Michael's working for the evil Bishop along with Claire - while Eve is furious with both of them.

Claire needs to believe the Myrnin has a plan, but she's not sure she can actually trust him.

Bishop is running the town and pushing it close to ruin. He doesn't care about any of the citizens. Claire realizes that Amelie hasn't gone into the shad
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read this one because I am addicted to the series, and can't get enough right now. It is nice to be able to binge on a series and not have to worry about forgetting details and having that burning need to have the next one right that second and the let down of having to wait another year or so for the characters you have fallen in love with and the romance that has your own toes tingling.

It is hard to see Claire in this one because she is serving Bishop because of the magical tatt
Faith McKay
This was my favorite so far! Myrnin is on my list of favorite vampires, ever. The introduction of Ada was fantastic and I'm looking forward to see where that goes.

There are still odd little inconsistencies from the previous books, which jump out and bite me. I mostly shrug them off, though.
Carpe Corpus wasn't awful, but it wasn't that great either.

The characters had some moments where i liked them, but other times they really annoyed me.
I was starting to see why i loved the characters the first time i read it, but i'm now wondering why i liked them so much again!

The pacing in this one was quite slow, and the interesting bit didn't interest me that much.

This series is like a roller coaster - It's constantly going up and down! One book is rubbish, the next book is great, then the
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Christmas Present

Title: Carpe Corpus
Series: The Morganville Vampires #6
Author: Rachel Caine
Overall Rating: 3.9 stars

This story had a lot going on. Bishop has taken over as the super evil overlord of Morganville and essentially wants to burn the town to the ground, Claire and her friends have to either work for him or die. Myrnin seems to be on his side along with Michael but even those who claim to be on Amelie's side can't be trusted...

This book kind of m
Peace Love and Reviews
Reviewed on it's release date:

Book 6 is where the cliff hanger from Lord of Misrule ends. At first you'll get the feeling that our beloved Claire is seriously in a very pitiful, helpless situation. Our beloved Shane is in captivity / hostage and Mr. Bishop is just being Mr. Bishop and the usual gang of the Glass House are obviously on their own. But not for long, be patient. Shane was set free but with a heartbreaking consequence, One of the good vampires die and I found myself being extremely s
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Circus of the Darned (Ben and Fran, #2)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
  • The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even (Beth Frasier #1)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)

“Not nearly enough. Not recently, anyway.” And she was sad about that.
“I know,” he said, and kissed the back of her hand. “We’ll fix it. Get some sleep.”
“Night,” she said, and watched him walk toward the door. “Hey. How’d you get in?”
He wiggled his fingers at her in a spooky oogie-boogie pantomime. “I’m a vampire. I have secret powers ,” he said with a full-on fake Transylvanian accent, which he dropped to say, “Actually, your mom let me in.”
“Seriously? My mom? Let you in my room? In the middle of the night?”
He shrugged. “Moms like me.”
He gave her a full-on Hollywood grin, and slipped out the door.”
“God, I needed you," he murmured. "I can't even tell you how many times I thought about this. The funny thing is, I don't need you any less now. I think I need you more."