Start by marking “Just Rewards (Emma Harte Saga #6)” as Want to Read:
Just Rewards (Emma Harte Saga #6)

Just Rewards (Emma Harte Saga #6)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,396 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
From the blockbuster bestselling author comes the dramatic conclusion to the saga that began with Emma Harte and A Woman of Substance.

Four women at a crossroads. A family in crisis. And an enemy planning for his long-awaited chance at revenge. Who will have their Just Rewards?

Linnet O'Neill, great-granddaughter of Emma Harte, finds herself following in the footsteps of the

Published October 3rd 2006 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Just Rewards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Rewards

Emma
Jul 11, 2011 Emma rated it did not like it
We can't do anymore Emma Harte. It's now just a poor relation of this origin.
Milli
Jun 27, 2009 Milli rated it liked it
I’ve been trying to read different types of books and this fit that. I’m not sure what genre this is, but I think I’d call it several seasons of a soap opera packed into one fairly long book. If I think of it in that way it really was a pretty good book. It isn’t life changing or deep, but it does have several sub-plots that wrap around the main plot and is more believable than many soap operas I’ve seen.
Lexi
Jul 12, 2015 Lexi rated it really liked it
So I've finally reached the end of the published books in the Emma Harte saga. I Mooched this copy of the final book in the series (although the ending definitely left it open for a further continuation...but I'm not sure any more books have been published since this one in 2006 or so...okay, I just checked Bradford's website, and it seems that there is another book - which I do have but didn't realize was one of this series). This book was just as good as the others. The first will always be my ...more
Jackie
Feb 27, 2008 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Final book of the Emma Harte series. I recommend the whole series.
Angela Lynn Holland
Aug 07, 2012 Angela Lynn Holland rated it really liked it
As I said above I have enjoyed this series from book one – A Woman of Substance. Emma Harte has become an idol of mine and I wish I could only be as strong of a woman as she was. Not only was she a strong woman she was a good mother who passed on a good values and work ethic to her children. She had two great friends in her life that eventually became family thru marriage of the three “clans” children. This only made each family have a stronger connection and bond with each other. To be a part o ...more
Seadaz
Jul 06, 2012 Seadaz rated it liked it
Bit disappointed with this one, that was meant to be the last and wrap it all up for us. Thought that the Hartes came across very obnoxious in this book, lets just change the wedding, and the poor bride's family not told and couldnt attend, wouldn't giving away your only daughter be so important to a father?, then again when the adopted daughter got blacklisted the Hartes wanted Evan's family to ignore her also.
Not sure why that adopted sister was brought in, she did nothing. The evil relative d
Carolina
Mar 16, 2012 Carolina rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with this book. Although I really enjoyed the previous Harte’s saga books, this one was a bit weak. The description of characters in general was good, and BTB certainly knows how to put you in the scene with her descriptions of rooms and dresses. However, I feel that a lot of points were left flying. Characters as Angharad were barely described, and I think it had a lot of villain potential. Also, JA…I like him as a villain, in the other books, he was ...more
Joanne
Mar 18, 2015 Joanne rated it really liked it
Part of the Woman of Substance / Emma Harte series. Third book I’ve read in the series.

Overall I enjoyed the storyline and appreciate the genealogy cheat sheet in the front of the book since I haven’t read the books consecutively and this clan is complex.

While the enjoyment of this historical family saga full of strong women who run an English department store is still there and there is the black sheep of the family Jonathan Ainsley in the midst of the storyline, something fell short for me. I
Katherine Leduc
Jul 30, 2015 Katherine Leduc rated it really liked it
last of the six part "Harte" series. Fairly good tying up of ends but does leave the door open for additional novels.
Glenda
Nov 16, 2015 Glenda rated it it was ok
Been awhile since i read previous books. Now to many characters to pull the end together. Could not get into.
Diane Wallace
May 23, 2015 Diane Wallace rated it really liked it
the best in it's series....
Andrea
Aug 28, 2008 Andrea rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
My four-year-old picked this out for me at the library. She did a good job with the last book she picked for me; unfortunately, this one wasn't good. I got over a hundred pages into it, but finally decided that it wasn't worth finishing. It was a massive soap opera, with lots of characters, all intertwined. I couldn't keep some of the characters straight, and the story just wasn't moving along fast enough to keep me interested (just like a soap opera--you can turn it on years later and still be ...more
Lisa Ward
Mar 02, 2015 Lisa Ward rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Friends
Great Read
Anne Marie
Nov 09, 2012 Anne Marie rated it it was amazing
I've gotten to know the characters in each of the past six books in the Woman of Substance series. I have really enjoyed each of these books and I recently received my Woman of Substance Trilogy DVD in the mail...can't wait to watch the movies!! There really should be movies of ALL the books. Now, I know that at the end of this book, Jonathan is not dead, but will that storyline ever be resolved? Starting to read Breaking the Rules, but so far any characters related to Emma Harte are being kept ...more
Ann
Oct 01, 2015 Ann added it
No good
Stephanie Benoit
Book 6 in the series kept me interested in the outcome for the family. I'll go for the 7th book and see if my one big question is answered. I have plenty of other books to read but I do like to wrap up a series.
Diana Donnelly
Jan 23, 2013 Diana Donnelly rated it really liked it
This was a continuation of the Emma Harte saga and is a very good read as all the other books in the series were. It took me awhile to reacquaint myself with the characters, but after I did I enjoyed reading about their activities. I have always liked the author's writing style and those feelings are still there for this book. It was my understanding that this was the last of the series but she definitely left it so that there could be a continuation.
Joyce
Jan 07, 2014 Joyce rated it really liked it
A Woman of Substance became a favorite book when I first read it and I was so happy to read the sequel when it was first published. Now I am enjoying rereading the originals and all those that have followed. It is difficult to think that although the Third and Fourth generation are now running the stores that Emma would remain such an important figure to them all, but she does. I look forward to continuing the Harte Saga.
Enigma
Aug 06, 2012 Enigma rated it did not like it
i love sagas...just started reading,waiting to finish it !

that's how i felt when i started reading it. but i guess -after it took me almost two months to finish it- i didn't like it at all! i mean there is only that person who threatens the family and some other events here and there. they kept on praising their great grandmother as if she was the savor or something.
Day
Mar 11, 2008 Day rated it it was ok
I never know if I can say I "read" a book that I actually listened to... I took an impromptu road-trip last week, and picked this up at the library on CD to keep me entertained. It did the trick...smutty, stupid, improbable...delightful! It cracked me up how all the characters, both male and female, were read by one performer, and the various accents etc...good stuff!
liz
May 20, 2007 liz rated it liked it
You know.... melodramatic girly novel about this well-to-do family in England that runs a Harrod's-style department store founded by the Matriarch. Really, it centers around three families (I could kind-of half-bother to keep them all straight). Fantastic for escapism; a nice, easy read. True Love and intrigue (plus a life I wouldn't mind having); I can't complain.
Lydia
Mar 03, 2013 Lydia rated it it was ok
What a blah book. Skipped parts that could have been explained on, spoke about useless stuff, that has been repeated at times! So very different from the gripping first book. The storyline description was absolutely nothing like the book. When the events happened, they were virtually mentioned in a passage and that was it. Neh :(
Cynthia
Sep 13, 2009 Cynthia rated it liked it
Couldn't find any other books on my reading list, so I just grabbed this one. It was O.K. and kept me occupied, but this one book had such a large family tree that it was confusing to keep up with the characters. I think that I might try one of her other books, as I really did enjoy her writing style.
Debbie Brown
This book was just alright. There was too much detail in some places and then almost none in other areas that I actually wanted to know more. It did take me longer than my average book to read, mostly cause I really couldnt connect with any of the characters. I hope the next book to follow will be better.
Connie
Aug 29, 2011 Connie rated it it was amazing
This one featured Evan and Gid with the twins being born. Robin and Edwina both died in this one. India got married and Jonathon and Evan's sister started a relationship and at the end he is very badly hurt and she is married to him with a child on the way. I am sure there will be another one.
Peggy Depiano
Oct 05, 2011 Peggy Depiano rated it really liked it
I read all six of these books. They were interesting, but as each book went on and the family grew larger it was difficult figuring out who was who. The ending really wasn't an ending, so I'm wondering if there will be yet another book coming. I hope not.
Kari
I'm listening to the audio book. I don't like it at all because there's no plot to it - it's like a soap opera. And I can do a better British accent than the reader could. Her's was more Scottish and just made me crabby listening to her try to speak.
Bettyjoy Engelbrecht
As I had only read the first of the series I was a bit in the dark at times and got the characters a bit mixed up at times and had to refer back to previous pages to sort myself out. Not sure if I am going to read the next in the series if there is one.
Taryn
Oct 25, 2012 Taryn rated it liked it
Recommended to Taryn by: Gina
I thought this book was pretty good. its something i wouldnt usually read but it was a good mix of girly gosip,romance and suspence. it had a good story line and the characters where nicley developed the one thing i really didnt like was the ending.
Vrsh
Sep 03, 2013 Vrsh rated it really liked it
Awesome saga this was..the Emma Harte series...One would so easily melt into the family. It gripped me in its hold for the 6 long books, over generations of awe...great read
  • Scandal In The Village
  • Farther Afield (Fairacre, #11)
  • A Mother's Courage
  • Paradise House
  • September Song (Family Saga #5)
  • Fire Dance (Fire Wars, #3)
  • Murder Can Mess Up Your Mascara (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #12)
  • A Glimpse of Stocking
  • The Naked Heart
  • The Carousel
  • Watching Willow Watts
  • A Greek God at the Ladies' Club
  • The Secrets We Keep
Barbara Taylor Bradford is the author of 30 bestselling novels, including The Cavendon Women, Cavendon Hall, and The Ravenscar Dynasty. She was born in Leeds, England, and from an early age, she was a voracious reader: at age 12, she had already read all of Dickens and the Brontë sisters. By the age of twenty, she was an editor and columnist on Fleet Street. She published her first novel, A Woman ...more
More about Barbara Taylor Bradford...

Emma Harte Saga (7 books)
  • A Woman of Substance (Emma Harte Saga #1)
  • Hold the Dream (Emma Harte Saga #2)
  • To Be the Best  (Emma Harte Saga #3)
  • Emma's Secret (Emma Harte Saga #4)
  • Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5)
  • Breaking the Rules (Emma Harte Saga #7)