Start by marking “Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear Into Vibrance, Strength, and Love” as Want to Read:

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  695 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Are you forever rushing through your day, fending off chronic exhaustion? Are you desperately overcommitted, afraid to say no? Do you want to feel well rested and ready to conquer each day with enthusiasm, but fall short time and time again? If so, you re the victim of a hidden energy crisis. Here, at last, is the complete prescription that will stop you from feeling const ...more
Published September 20th 2005 by Three Rivers Press (CA) (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Positive Energy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Positive Energy

Juliana Haught
Sep 20, 2012 Juliana Haught rated it it was ok
I'm not sure I'm even going to finish this book all the way to the end. I really wanted to like it because Judith Orloff is such a well-known name in the world of energy healing, but this book is way more about Orloff than it is a presentation on energy and how to recognize it or work with it. I found myself annoyed with how much Orloff inserts her own gifts and life experiences as an intuitive as anecdotal reasons for and evidence of the effectiveness of her advice while relying on her professi ...more
Tami
Apr 15, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing
“Have you every came home from work feeling completely worn out? Have you ever felt suddenly depressed and overwhelmed after talking to that relative that is constantly complaining? Do you ever eat food that you know is unhealthy because you think it'll make you feel better?

Positive Energy examines the concept of energy. This book draws a direct connection between energy and the way we live. When we eat foods that give us energy, make use of our own daily energy patterns, and seek out positive
Jaylin
Aug 10, 2011 Jaylin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's funny to hate a book about positive energy. However I got the audio book and the sound of the authors voice was so whiney, it was literally draining the positive energy I had. Also this audio book has meditation which is not great for me since I listen to all my audio books in the car.

Also it was ridiculous how many types of energy vampires she listed. Based on her definition everyone is a energy vampire at some point.
Barbara
Mar 14, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it
Some great advice for us energy empaths!
Kim
Apr 04, 2012 Kim rated it it was ok
Two things that made me rate this book lower than I probably would normally have were:

1) I purchased this as a 'cheapy' audio book from B&N. While I usually LOVE audio books (they are perfect to work out to), this was not one of my best choices. The content was totally worthy of reading, it had GREAT advice, BUT...when you have sort of a 'reference' book with recipes for success, it's always great to go back and review. Difficult to do with an audio book.

2) Something about this woman annoye
Noura Algwaiz
Dec 15, 2012 Noura Algwaiz rated it did not like it
I initially decided to read this book because the Author is a psychiatrist and all her books have very good ratings (almost 5 stars by hundreds of reviewers). However, I was pretty disappointed. There is nothing in this book that a normal well rounded person doesnt already know. AIso, I find that the author refers to her self and her opinions and experiences way too much...
Monica
Sep 13, 2010 Monica rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone whoever feel fatigue, stress, fear/anxiety
Shelves: must-read
An awakening force of our hidden inner intuition, this kind of book is needed in today's rush-through world. After reading it, I become more conscious of my own precious energy, how to conserve it and expend it, as well as how to avoid other people and situations that are energy draining.
This book will be an excellent investment for anyone's mental health!
Michael Graber
Sep 23, 2015 Michael Graber rated it really liked it
What a great program for owning your own energy. These simple methods and exercises act as a catalyst for positivity.
Nicole
Dec 28, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I ready his book during my pregnancy with my son. It really helped me tune into my intuition and escape negative and fearful thinking. I haven't reread it, but I often pick it up and read through the text that I've highlighted.
Harley
Jun 11, 2015 Harley rated it it was ok
I was rather disappointed in this title.I found much of the authors "prescriptions" to be little more than off the shelf..psychology 101-ish recommendations, with some new age meditation techniques tossed in.
After struggling through the first half of the book, I scanned the rest in hope of growing my interest, but decided to throw in the towel.
Brenda
Feb 27, 2014 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Excellent book for Empaths/Clairsentients - it helps give you understanding and tools on how to handle/deal with other people's energy
Jun 24, 2007 Sarah rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in a new take on self-help
This was a recommendation from Erin - Orloff's claim is that we all have our own energy and intuition, and the key to a vibrant, strong, loving life is to tap into those things, and protect them so that they can serve as a resource for us to draw on. It got REALLY New-Age-y for me at times, to the point that I rolled my eyes and snorted in derision, but I read the whole thing, with as open a mind that I could muster, and I can't deny that there are some useful parts to it. And I would like to re ...more
Tiffany Pugh
Feb 24, 2014 Tiffany Pugh rated it it was amazing
I truly love this book!!!!!
Kyra Hahn
Oct 11, 2014 Kyra Hahn rated it really liked it
Shelves: nf
Great book for helping to identify personal ways to cultivate positivity in ways that work for you!
Anna Maria
Jan 03, 2009 Anna Maria rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Dr. Judith Orloff. She is an amazing teacher and author.
I'm about energy, intuition, healing, vibrational harmony and getting to the core. She offers 10 extraordinary prescriptions for transforming your life whether it's stress, love or fear. She encourages us to overcome fears with strength and positivity. I have studied her programs and been to her seminars. She a gentle and creative conduit to the cures for today's emotional barriers. She will awaken your intuition.
Robert
Feb 26, 2009 Robert rated it liked it

Despite the "new age" feel to the book, I did find a few useful pieces of information with respect to meditation and overall emotional health. The author is a PhD and a clincal psychologist. I would not recommend this for the devout athiest, but I would recommend it to anyone who is experiencing emotional or spiritual drain due to a serious personal crisis or who is greiving. If you can get past the lack of scientific or emperical substance to the book, it just might help you.
Betsy
Apr 15, 2010 Betsy rated it it was amazing
Love,love,love this book on tape. I highly recommend listening to this book on your drives throughout the week to uplift you, to change the way you approach your work day, to consider how you will guard your time and energy for those things you truly value. At the same time you will learn how to avoid energy vampires who suck you dry! For the first time in my life I am hearing someone name the importance of INTUITION and truly tuning in to it, honoring it and following it.
Danni
Jan 23, 2014 Danni rated it really liked it
this is a book about a new form of therapy. It was quite a interesting read. It talks about doing things that make you happy to cure depression.
Nicolina Miller
Jan 23, 2009 Nicolina Miller marked it as to-read
Just read the introduction and first few pages of 1st chapter and I'm really enjoying it. I think it is for people that, obviously, are already on this track and have thought, "I need more positivity in my life" and for others: healers (including acupuncturists), people that were labeled "hyper sensitive or over sensitive" and, yeah, everyone. Society needs a prescription for positivity.
LemontreeLime
Dec 22, 2012 LemontreeLime rated it liked it
This was fine, listened to it as an audiobook. I hate to admit it, but there were several parts in this i ended up feeling more depressed about after listening. It's nice to hear her optimism, her hopeful ideas on how to do everything in life better. However, trying to put some of her ideas into real life situations - well... good luck to you. I wish you success.
Christina
Mar 19, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it
I am eager to work on some of these prescriptions. Dr. Orloff's experiences and discoveries are digestible and fascinating. It would have been neat to see some crossover with Energy Medicine applications, such as using the "Temporal Tap" to counteract negative thinking. The diet advice and recognition of the intuitive empath personality make this book super and recommendable.
Gwen
Nov 11, 2009 Gwen marked it as partial-reading-and-pictures
So far, I'm liking it. She's got a good sense of what I've been feeling for a long time. That Energy comes in many forms and people sending off vibes...some good, some difficult to deal with. Now I get why I can't handle workout facilities and the lunchroom cafeteria at highschool : ) They seriously push me over.
Maggie
Feb 22, 2012 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
ms. orloff is very helpful in locating, naming, and suggesting worthy solutions for dealing with energy. in the current state of things, life easily sucks the energy out of us. this practice guide helps us to re-orient our thoughts on how to receive and when/how to reject energy that others "visit" upon us, wanted or not.
Barbara Ab
It is quite a repetition of the author's ideas, techniques, (actually in this there are some real exercises of meditation).... but it is quite boring after having listened her other books.
I agree there are energy vampires.. but what about staking them? :0)
ps After this I am ready for Castenada :0)
Chris
Mar 21, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The study of positive energy is a fascinating one, and Dr. Orloff presents many thought-provoking ways to "transform fatigue, stress and fear into vibrance, strength and love." Although I don't agree with everything she writes, I believe her research, for the most part, is helpful and well worth reading.
Barbara Ab

Another audiobook… Actually the author says it is a programme, but as a matter of fact I would call them suggestions or ways to face different problems. Good tips, especially if someone is new to the topic. Something may be too much naïve and related to the author.
Diane Dreher
Dec 17, 2010 Diane Dreher rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book with insights that clarify lots of my past experience.
I've given this book to 3 friends already.
Anyone who values peace of mind and wants to live a joyous, energetic, meaningful life would benefit from reading this book.

Laurie
Sep 19, 2012 Laurie rated it it was amazing
There were many tools, exercises and examples for how to shift negativite vibes and energy into ones of love and light. It was a very worthwhile read to help deal with the extreme amount of negative energy that has crept into society!
Molly
Nov 15, 2013 Molly added it
Shelves: spirituality
so far. a challenge. in that it has kept me on my toes. and constantly thoughtful. definitely not a book you pick up and read in a couple of days. more along the lines of something you read a bit and focus on for awhile.
Barbara
Jan 29, 2009 Barbara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't even finish listening to this. First of all, it felt disingenuous for a book written in the first person to be read by someone else. And the message was just too odd for me. Too Kumbaya.
  • The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time
  • The Psychic Pathway: A Workbook for Reawakening the Voice of Your Soul
  • The Gift: Understand and Develop Your Psychic Abilities
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • The Intuitive Way: A Guide to Living from Inner Wisdom
  • The Nine Rooms of Happiness: Loving Yourself, Finding Your Purpose, and Getting Over Life's Little Imperfections
  • The Way of Four: Create Elemental Balance in Your Life
  • How to Meet and Work with Spirit Guides
  • Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know
  • A Mythic Life: Learning to Live our Greater Story
  • The Provenance Press Guide to the Wiccan Year: Spells, Rituals, and Holiday Celebrations
  • POWER MUDRAS  Yoga Hand Postures for Women - New Edition
  • Spells for the Solitary Witch
Judith Orloff MD is the author of the New York Times bestseller Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself From Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life and SECOND SIGHT: An Intuitive Psychiatrist Tells Her Extraordinary Story and Shows You How To Tap Your Own Inner Wisdom. Dr. Orloff synthesizes the pearls of traditional medicine with intuition and energy medicine. An UCLA Psychiatrist, she believes t ...more
More about Judith Orloff...

“The First Prescription’s formula for success: Do whatever makes your inner light brighter. In other words, try to treat yourself and everyone else with love. ” 4 likes