Start by marking “Foxtrot: Assembled with Care” as Want to Read:
Foxtrot: Assembled with Care

Foxtrot: Assembled with Care (FoxTrot Anthologies)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  1,588 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
FoxTrot: Assembled with Care is a colorful compilation of cartoons from FoxTrot demonstrates that few entertainers in any medium are better at finding humor in everyday family life than Bill Amend. At the core of much of the strip's wild humor is 10-year-old Jason. He tortures his parents and two teenage siblings Peter and Paige out of their minds with his computer and his ...more
Published November 2nd 2002 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Foxtrot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foxtrot

Jsrott
Feb 17, 2017 Jsrott rated it liked it
Not a lot to say about a collection of comics, but Fox Trot is one of the better ones. Never disappointed by these.
Cale
Nov 28, 2016 Cale rated it really liked it
FoxTrot has always been a warm blanket to pull around me, quick and fun and very familiar. This collection lives up to that standard, and even improves on it, with several strips that I laughed out loud at in addition to the general standard of appreciation. There are some short series included (the Caribbeanny resort is one that stays with me) that work really well in their build-up and playing out. If you're a fan of the family, this is definitely worth the read (if you haven't read them alrea ...more
Heather
Jun 06, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: humor-section
Foxtrot is a great Sunday comic series, and I enjoy picking these up when I need a little pick me up. Sometimes though the selfishness of the characters really gets to me. It's a silly thing, like Peter eating all the food, or Paige using one of her mother's favorite books to squash a bug because she didn't want to ruin her latest cosmo. At first these things didn't bother me but since I read these all the time over and over it makes me upset. Totally silly but that's the only reason this doesn' ...more
Mark Baker
Mar 09, 2014 Mark Baker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2003
The 8th anthology contains plenty more laughs with the Fox clan. Covering Fall of 1999 to Summer of 2001, we get such great moments as Jason looking forward to the Lord of the Rings, Paige making high school flashcards, and Peter trying to get through Hamlet. This family always makes me laugh, and this book is no exception.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Ari
Nov 08, 2008 Ari rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Amend is one of the funniest comic artists around. His jokes are funny and hit family relationships squarely on the head. He is a very talented artist, and very imaginative. I love to look for his "Easter eggs" in the form of newspaper articles with comic writer jokes and how from frame to frame the Fox's household picture and magazines will "move". Overall anyone who loves to laugh aloud will enjoy this.
Unwisely
Jul 15, 2012 Unwisely rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Since I stopped being anywhere with a newspaper about a decade ago, and everyone I know stopped buying Foxtrot books maybe 6 years ago, the only Foxtrot I see is when Bill Amend does a strip for a webcomic i read. This was a collection, so I'm sure I missed some, but the Fox clan is still fun to visit and hang out with. Which after however many years of syndication is good to see.
Ron
Jan 24, 2014 Ron rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
What can I say, I have been on a Foxtrot binge lately, buying the collected volumes when I can get 20% or more off at local BAM store. Enjoy reading several pages at a time. Jason and his family cracks me up! Enjoy where mayhem is allowed.
angrykitty
Jul 14, 2008 angrykitty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, kids-teens
i always bought the collecitons since they would have teh reprinted sunday strips in color. loved those easter sunday chocolate bunny strips.
Sandy  Kemp
Sandy Kemp rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2013
Yosef Shapiro
Yosef Shapiro rated it really liked it
May 24, 2012
Lauren P
Lauren P rated it really liked it
May 12, 2013
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2012
Aaron Waldschmidt
Aaron Waldschmidt rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2012
Sherwin
Sherwin rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Sarah Barthell
Sarah Barthell rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2013
Aaron Jones
Aaron Jones rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Xin Ying
Xin Ying rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Rob Letterly
Rob Letterly rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Danny Newell
Danny Newell rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
Seth Miller
Seth Miller rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Lauren Dalhaus
Lauren Dalhaus rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Heather Richardson
Heather Richardson rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2012
Raul
Raul rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2014
Angelica
Angelica rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Hal Johnson
Hal Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2011
Thomas Grinnell
Thomas Grinnell rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2014
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Alda
Alda rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2012
Thomas
Thomas rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2012
  • Big Honkin' Zits (Zits Treasury, #2)
  • A Baby Blues Treasury: Wall-To-Wall Baby Blues
  • Journey to Cubeville
  • It Came from The Far Side
Bill Amend is an American cartoonist, best known for his comic strip FoxTrot.
Born as William J. C. Amend III, Amend attended high school in Burlingame, California where he was a cartoonist on his school newspaper. Amend is an Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America. He attended Amherst College, where he drew comics for the college paper. He majored in physics and graduated in 1984.
After a short t
More about Bill Amend...

FoxTrot Anthologies (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • FoxTrot the Works