Start by marking “Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne, #6)” as Want to Read:
Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne, #6)

Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne #6)

With her grandma wedded and bedded, Tressa Jayne Turner is looking forward to the weeklong cruise that follows. Good food. Warm beaches. Romantic sunsets. A swashbuckling ranger-type, Rick Townsend, who shivers her timbers. Nothing can take the wind out of Tressa's sails this time.
Published November 1st 2008 by Love Spell (first published October 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Anchors Aweigh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anchors Aweigh

Out of Turn by Tiffany SnowNo Turning Back by Tiffany SnowTurning Point by Tiffany SnowTurn to Me by Tiffany SnowPoint of No Return by Tiffany Snow
Best Women Sleuth Series
89th out of 93 books — 46 voters
Louisiana Longshot by Jana DeleonSouthern Spirits by Angie FoxThe Skeleton in the Closet by Angie FoxShakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine HarrisThe Haunted Heist by Angie Fox
Best Cozies With Attitude
43rd out of 50 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Nov08

Kathleen Bacus’ latest Calamity Jane novel is “Anchors Aweigh”. This time Tressa’s on the trail of a potential killer while stuck on a ship with both of her ‘men’ vying for her heart. And it that wasn’t enough, she doesn’t even have the fabled cruise food to life her spirits, it’s a health cruise! No chocolate or fat grams anywhere to be found. It’s enough to drive a girl mad.

On the first day of the cruise Tressa overhears a murder plot. Being Tr
Maria
Dec 08, 2009 Maria rated it liked it
Tressa drives me crazy!!! What is wrong with her?!?! It takes her forever to figure out who she wants to be with! And she uses her vacation time to try to solve a potential murder? Why not enjoy herself???? UGH! And only at the VERY end of the book, does she seem to figure out what (or who) she wants. There may be a happily ever after for her, but I barely got a glimpse of it.
Jackie Christy
Oct 15, 2016 Jackie Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!!

I just couldn't put this book down! It's a wonderful must read book. The whole series is an awesome read
Sara
Sep 16, 2015 Sara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The sixth book in a series about a quirky blonde who seems to be a magnet for trouble. If you haven't read the first 5 books -- this book will be a sinking ship. I don't think it works on it own. If you've read the previous ones and enjoyed them, this is a quick read that provides continued adventures for a character you're already familiar with.

This series has been compared to the Evanovich Stephanie Plum works, and I can see the similarity. Unfortunately I think this series falls short in comp
Mar 28, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries, 2009
The 6th and final book in the Calamity Jayne series (or so I have heard, but hope isn't true).
Okay, so I "cheated" and jumped ahead a couple of books (I skipped 4 & 5) because I wanted to find out how it "ends."
The romance of the series comes to it peak in this book. Tressa has been running from Ranger Rick for years now and for a week they will be on a ship together with only a few family members and their feelings. Only problem is, Manny and Aunt Mo show up and confuse Tressa and her feel
Sandybear76
Aug 04, 2011 Sandybear76 rated it liked it
Tressa has quite an imagination and quite an image. Tressa is on a cruise with her family to celebrate the recent wedding of her grandma. Tressa finds out as the cruise gets underway it is a Cruise-to-be-Fit and Tressa is having none of that. She is from Iowa and enjoys big steaks and lots of food. Tressa hears of a plot that a wife is going to be killed onboard the ship for the insurance money and she tries to find the killer before he kills. She tells the ship's security officer, who doesn't ...more
Lori
Jan 23, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing
I love this whole series. They are funny and fast paced books that keep your guessing until the end.

In this book, Jane is going on a cruise as part of her family get-a-way to celebrate her grandma's wedding to Rick's grandpa Joe.

She can't wait to gorge on endless buffets and spend time alone with "Ranger Rick" to see what comes of her feelings for him.

But like all things Jane it just can't be that easy. The cruise is a "healthy living", her fake fiancé Manny shows up with his aunt Mo, and someon
Kitten  Peters
Mar 07, 2016 Kitten Peters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read

If you have not read book one of this series make sure you start there. Calamity Jayne, aka Tressa, is on the cruise for her grandmother and Joe honeymoon. Lots of action in this book and she must finally make a choice of her man thanks to Joe. Lots of curves in this murder/love story. Can't wait to finish this series as you cannot put these books down.
Kim
Jan 01, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery and romance on the high seas

love the Calamity Jayne series. Hot men. Adventure. A fun and funny whodunit. I read them all and still want more. if you love Stephanie Plum you will love Calamity Jayne.
Valerie Cooper
Dec 13, 2012 Valerie Cooper rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series of books although one of my biggest pet peeves with books happened in this one. Telling you what it was would be a spoiler so I guess you'll just have to read for yourself. These books are really fun and are pretty short.
Amanda
Sep 12, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it
This was a good wrap up to series. My biggest complaint with the whole book series is that they did not developed the Tressa/Rick story fast enough or in depth in my opinion. There was too much whining from Tressa in this book that it made it hard to read at times.
Violet
Jan 23, 2013 Violet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I have really enjoyed reading this series by Kathleen Bacus. I am already missing Ranger Rick and Tressa and I only finished the last book of the series "Anchors Aweigh" last night. I always fall in love with the characters of the books that I read.
Layla Smith
Jul 23, 2011 Layla Smith rated it really liked it
I think this provided an excellent ending to the Tressa Jayne Turner books. I thought it was hilarious watching her trying to fake amnesia. And watching Rick and Manny battle for her affections was highly entertaining.
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
Oct 26, 2009 Heidi (Yup. Still here.) rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozies-i-love
I really liked the latest book in the series. It was a light and fun read. Ms. Bacus (author) has developed a full cast of fun and memorable characters. Not to mention I really liked what happens with Tressa and Ranger Rick!
Mehrunisa Salim
Mar 22, 2016 Mehrunisa Salim rated it it was amazing
Yay! Okay, totally my favorite now. The mystery was, in my opinion was the best Kathleen has written. Plus the relationship growth and character development really was the best, so far.
Melanie
Jul 25, 2012 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
A very funny conclusion to Tressa's adventures and I have to say I'm pleased with the outcome. I'd look forward to a future Tressa novel.
Sonya Sherow
Cute, but seeing that the cruise was out of Galveston, Texas suckered me in. LOL! Keep Reading B-)
Vera
Feb 03, 2016 Vera rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Calamity Jane rides again as a honeymoon cruise with her grandmother and new step-grandfather involves Tessa in more problems. This one was a little more transparent as to plot, but still a fun read.
Apr 22, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
This was a nice finish to the Calamity Jayne series. I was surprised by who the "bad guy" was. And I was actually pleased with how the whole Rick-Tressa-Manny thing turned out. Very enjoyable.
Belinda
Belinda rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2011
Tricia
Tricia rated it liked it
May 22, 2013
Jennifer Burke
Jennifer Burke rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Rebecca Crooks
Rebecca Crooks rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Andie Reed
Andie Reed rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Eileen
Eileen rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2013
D.A. Bale
D.A. Bale rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Jo Ann Reinhold
Jo Ann Reinhold rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
  • Out of Office (Queenie Baby, #2)
  • Hollywood Secrets (Hollywood Headlines, #2)
  • Kickout Clause (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #7)
  • Dating Can Be Murder (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #1)
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • The Throwbacks (Scotland Yard Exchange Program #1)
  • Missing (Colby Agency, #43)
  • In Deep Shitake (Shitake Mystery, #1)

Calamity Jayne (8 books)
  • Calamity Jayne (Calamity Jayne, #1)
  • Calamity Jayne Rides Again (Calamity Jayne, #2)
  • Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun (Calamity Jayne, #3)
  • Calamity Jayne Goes to College (Calamity Jayne, #4)
  • Calamity Jayne Heads West (Calamity Jayne, #5)
  • Calamity Jayne and the Trouble with Tandems (Calamity Jayne, #7)
  • Calamity Jayne and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Lawn Gnome (Calamity Jayne, #8)