Start by marking “Just Do It: The Nike Spirit in the Corporate World” as Want to Read:
Just Do It: The Nike Spirit in the Corporate World

Just Do It: The Nike Spirit in the Corporate World

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  10 reviews
An award-winning author penetrates Nike--a company of the future, a dream machine that seeks to redefine culture through the power of sports--to provide this portrait of Phil Knight, who pioneered the company from a two-man operation into a four billion-dollar corporation.
Published April 1st 1995 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Just Do It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Do It

Tigran Mamikonian
This book is from Donald Katz, who is the founder of Audible (founded in 1995 and acquired by Amazon in 2008). Before founding Audible, Donald was journalist for 20 years and "Just Do It" is one of his business books.

I came across this book, because the corporate spirit of Nike and their way of doing business and marketing have been the subject of great interest for me for last 20 years, just starting from the time when Nike was starting in Europe...

The book provides very in-depth explanation of
This Book is about the company Nike from the corporate point of view. I decided to read this book because everyone knows nike for sports wear with shorts,sneakers and shirts but Does everyone know about Nike from the business standpoint. I think that this book was very helpful because it told us the money it takes for nike to make the products and what happens when sales are good or bad. This book also says how nike makes their decisions for certain products. I was really interested with this bo ...more
Is it a biography? Is it a dramatic nonfiction? Is it a case study? Well, no.

The Nike characters are not very "fleshy". There are no tell-all interviews to bring us inside the minds of characters who are summed up mainly by which advertising campaign they worked on.

Not that there's nothing of interest here, but as an expose (don't have the right character) it's not particularly in depth. For a human interest piece, it's not particularly humane.

A book best read quickly and returned to Half Pri
Zack Maley
Very interesting, also came from an interesting period where Michael Jordan had retired from basketball (for the first time), and Nike was uncertain about future trajectory in sales. Also, interesting to note that at this time (early 90's, Nike was already second guessing their heavy presence in the AAU basketball scene).

Phil Knight is the coolest CEO ever, and the book describes headquarters in Beaverton as a notch above heaven.
John McPhee
The real JUST DO IT - an incredible true story well told - THE must read for every NIKE JUNKIE
Corey Webb
Great book. I love Nike and Just Do IT painted a great picture of Nike for me.
Steven Vore
the nike spirit in the corporate world
Aug 03, 2011 Bill added it
A good corporate history.
Sep 01, 2008 Jimmie added it
Nike makes shoes.
very informitive
Kikki Godskesen
Kikki Godskesen marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Rajesh Menon
Rajesh Menon marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Liudmyla marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Elen Tkacheva
Elen Tkacheva marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Adrianna marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Val Lefebvre
Val Lefebvre marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Stephanie Xu
Stephanie Xu marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Irsyad Murzain
Irsyad Murzain marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Debbie Castro
Debbie Castro marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Mirek Jasinski
Mirek Jasinski marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Mark A. Dobie
Mark A. Dobie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Luke marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Gavin added it
Sep 12, 2015
Wang Yahang
Wang Yahang marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014