Start by marking “The Ghost Machine (S.T.O.R.M. #2)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost Machine  (S.T.O.R.M. #2)

The Ghost Machine (S.T.O.R.M. #2)

Get swept into the second, even more explosive STORM! Will, Andrew, and Gaia are a trio of teen geniuses, and they’re taking Venice by STORM. All over Italy, mysterious burglaries are making headlines—news footage shows a strange, spectral form at the crime scenes. The thefts are dubbed the work of Il Fantasma: the Ghost. Through a series of exhilarating twists, Will, Andr ...more
Published September 18th 2008 by Dial (first published October 1st 2007)

Ms. Yingling
Feb 27, 2012 Ms. Yingling rated it liked it
E.L. Young is to be commended for integrating science and technology into great action/adventure books. The group from STORM is back, as technologically savvy and slightly geeky as ever, but the really cool thing about them is that even though they are young, they can go to Venice at a moment's notice to help an Italian girl whose family heirloom has been stolen... by a ghost. With the help of a semi-robotic rat, lots of money, and fearless spirit, they uncover a criminal mastermind and save the ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Oct 23, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Bookluver-Carol for TeensReadToo.com

The Storm Operatives are back in another action-packed adventure. This time Will, Andrew, and Gaia are up against something even more dangerous than that found in STORM: THE INFINITY CODE.

Two burglaries have hit the headlines. Why? Because the thing in the video is a strange spectral form that doesn't leave any prints behind and doesn't look human, earning it the name Il Fantastma or The Ghost.

A girl, named Cristina, witnesses The Ghost steal a p
Elegale
Mar 22, 2016 Elegale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really really enjoyed the action, the gadgets, the science and mystery...But the missing star goes to the fact that the rich girl was written as 'snobby and too proud'. Does the author have something against rich people?
Tom
Apr 15, 2010 Tom rated it liked it
STORM is a team of teenage technological geniuses who work to save the world in each book of their series. In this one, A ghost appears to be operating in Venice, stealing items of great value. At the request of another precocious teen living in Venice (the victim of one of the thefts). They travel to Venice, where they discover that a mentally deranged former team member has more sinister plans.
Joanna
Jun 25, 2011 Joanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book for my son, but decided to read it too. And good thing I did, because - in my opinion, this is the story that will appeal to readers of all ages, grabbed me straight away, full of action, quick read and some scientific info as well.I am not scared of ghosts any more:) I could not put it down and finished it before my son.
Mathew
Feb 20, 2013 Mathew added it
Just Started: Sorry Ms. Zitelli. I think I missed a couple Goodreads, it took me a while to find a new book to read.

2/4/13- 20 min
2/5/13- 40 min
2/6/13-30 min
2/7/13-30 min
2/8/13- 1 hr

I wasn't sure how to make up Goodreads so I just read a lot. Hope it works!
Judy
Nov 29, 2012 Judy rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Grades 3 through 6
I enjoyed the first book in the series, but this one left me cold. The characters are flat and some of the gadgets are unbelievable, despite the author's notes. However, many readers in grades 3-6 will probably enjoy it.
Quinn
Dec 14, 2011 Quinn rated it it was amazing
First book I read in the STORM series. Can't find ' The Infinty Code' in library, haha... Anyway, this book is action-packed, filled with suspense, definitely worth recommending. Will's gadgets are awesome!;)
Tiffany
Jul 05, 2010 Tiffany rated it did not like it
Shelves: teen
I didn't read all of this book. It upset me because the bad guy was manipulating and hurting children. I liked the first one much better.
Denise Jukniewicz
Feb 11, 2010 Denise Jukniewicz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually read the book and loved the action and suspense. Fans of Alex Rider and the "H.I.V.E." series should like this book.
Luca
Apr 09, 2016 Luca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book in the series I've read... although the Infinity Code is the first one :D
 Marla
Jul 17, 2012 Marla rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Will, Andrew, and Gaia are teenage geniuses trying to keep the world safe.
Beth/Sr. Elizabeth
Aug 01, 2009 Beth/Sr. Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anyone
I love the gadgets, said to be based on real world inventions.
༻☮Miranda☮༺
Apr 23, 2012 ༻☮Miranda☮༺ rated it it was amazing
Alex Rider-- except 5,000,000 times better! SO GOOD!
Basith
Nov 05, 2014 Basith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked it despite its somewhat lagging nature!
Freddy
Apr 01, 2011 Freddy rated it did not like it
it was ok, woldn't reccomend to everyone though
Jeremy Leung
Mar 17, 2010 Jeremy Leung rated it really liked it
I haven't read it yet, but it looks cool
Thomas N
Thomas N marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Loz
Loz marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Abdi
Abdi marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Yusuf Siddiqui
Yusuf Siddiqui rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Jai
Jai rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Rider
Rider rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Adeline
Adeline rated it did not like it
Jun 27, 2016
Owen
Owen rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Kimberly Hamon
Kimberly Hamon rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Jimmy Coates: Target
  • Drop Zone (Drop Zone #1)
  • Freaks
  • Empire of Ruins (The Hunchback Assignments, #3)
  • Traitor's Chase (The Last Musketeer, #2)
  • Battleground (Code Red, #6)
  • Moonshadow: The Wrath of Silver Wolf (Moonshadow, #2)
  • Dangerously Placed
  • World's End (Phoenix Rising, #3)
  • Operation Storm City (The Guild of Specialists, #3)
  • The Osiris Curse (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures, #2)
  • Double Vision (Double Vision #1)
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • By Royal Command
  • Phoenix (Five Ancestors: Out of the Ashes, #1)
  • Wild River
  • Sword of Damocles
E.L. Young is a science and technology journalist with extensive knowledge of the gadgets that appear in the story, all of which are based on real-world inventions or projects currently in development. Young writes for New Scientist, a British science magazine, also published in the United States. She learns about the latest and most important research in all kinds of fields and gets to go directl ...more
More about E.L. Young...

S.T.O.R.M. (5 books)
  • The Infinity Code  (S.T.O.R.M. #1)
  • The Black Sphere  (S.T.O.R.M. #3)
  • The Viper Club  (S.T.O.R.M. #4)
  • The Death Web (S.T.O.R.M. #5)