S.T.O.R.M.: The Ghost Machine (S.T.O.R.M., #2)

S.T.O.R.M.: The Ghost Machine (S.T.O.R.M. #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Get swept into the second, even more explosive STORM! Will, Andrew, and Gaia are a trio of teen geniuses, and they�re taking Venice by STORM. All over Italy, mysterious burglaries are making headlines�news footage shows a strange, spectral form at the crime scenes. The thefts are dubbed the work of Il Fantasma: the Ghost. Through a series of exhilarating twists, Will, Andr...more
Published September 18th 2008 by Dial (first published August 3rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about S.T.O.R.M., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about S.T.O.R.M.

Ms. Yingling
E.L. Young is to be commended for integrating science and technology into great action/adventure books. The group from STORM is back, as technologically savvy and slightly geeky as ever, but the really cool thing about them is that even though they are young, they can go to Venice at a moment's notice to help an Italian girl whose family heirloom has been stolen... by a ghost. With the help of a semi-robotic rat, lots of money, and fearless spirit, they uncover a criminal mastermind and save the...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Bookluver-Carol for TeensReadToo.com

The Storm Operatives are back in another action-packed adventure. This time Will, Andrew, and Gaia are up against something even more dangerous than that found in STORM: THE INFINITY CODE.

Two burglaries have hit the headlines. Why? Because the thing in the video is a strange spectral form that doesn't leave any prints behind and doesn't look human, earning it the name Il Fantastma or The Ghost.

A girl, named Cristina, witnesses The Ghost steal a p...more
Tom
STORM is a team of teenage technological geniuses who work to save the world in each book of their series. In this one, A ghost appears to be operating in Venice, stealing items of great value. At the request of another precocious teen living in Venice (the victim of one of the thefts). They travel to Venice, where they discover that a mentally deranged former team member has more sinister plans.
Mathew
Feb 20, 2013 Mathew added it
Just Started: Sorry Ms. Zitelli. I think I missed a couple Goodreads, it took me a while to find a new book to read.

2/4/13- 20 min
2/5/13- 40 min
2/6/13-30 min
2/7/13-30 min
2/8/13- 1 hr

I wasn't sure how to make up Goodreads so I just read a lot. Hope it works!
Judy
Nov 29, 2012 Judy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Grades 3 through 6
I enjoyed the first book in the series, but this one left me cold. The characters are flat and some of the gadgets are unbelievable, despite the author's notes. However, many readers in grades 3-6 will probably enjoy it.
Quinn
First book I read in the STORM series. Can't find ' The Infinty Code' in library, haha... Anyway, this book is action-packed, filled with suspense, definitely worth recommending. Will's gadgets are awesome!;)
Tiffany
I didn't read all of this book. It upset me because the bad guy was manipulating and hurting children. I liked the first one much better.
Georgia
Good for a sequel. Kinda strange title. Not good enough for a second read and Beyond Awesome crowning, but good enough for a four star.
Denise Jukniewicz
I actually read the book and loved the action and suspense. Fans of Alex Rider and the "H.I.V.E." series should like this book.
 Marla
3.5 stars. Will, Andrew, and Gaia are teenage geniuses trying to keep the world safe.
Beth/Sr. Elizabeth
I love the gadgets, said to be based on real world inventions.
༻☮Miranda☮༺
Alex Rider-- except 5,000,000 times better! SO GOOD!
Freddy
it was ok, woldn't reccomend to everyone though
Jeremy Leung
I haven't read it yet, but it looks cool
Dana
Dana is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2014
Fassi
Fassi marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Lyndsey
Lyndsey marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Ilana Amzallag
Ilana Amzallag marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Awesome Reader
Awesome Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Shemar maurice
Shemar maurice marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
E.L. Young is a science and technology journalist with extensive knowledge of the gadgets that appear in the story, all of which are based on real-world inventions or projects currently in development. Young writes for New Scientist, a British science magazine, also published in the United States. She learns about the latest and most important research in all kinds of fields and gets to go directl...more
More about E.L. Young...
S.T.O.R.M.: The Infinity Code (S.T.O.R.M., #1) S.T.O.R.M.: The Black Sphere (S.T.O.R.M., #3) S.T.O.R.M.: The Viper Club  (S.T.O.R.M., #4) S.T.O.R.M.: The Death Web (S.T.O.R.M., #5) S.T.O.R.M. - The Ghostmaster (Storm)