Prayers for Forgiveness

Prayers for Forgiveness

4.76 of 5 stars 4.76  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The act of seeking forgiveness is what gives us the opening we need after feeling overwhelmed by the burden of sin. Forgiveness means a way out, a second chance, a feeling of hope with which to turn a new page in life. It is through the seeking of forgiveness that we begin to understand that there is no reason whatsoever to despair of the mercy of God. Islam encourages us...more
Published April 1st 2004 by White Thread Press

David
If you don't know how to ask for forgiveness from the Forgiving, then let Hasan al-Basri teach you.
Chris
Apr 17, 2007 Chris rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those seeking forgiveness
This book will really make you cry...it's as if someone looked in your heart, and elequently wrote prayers for God's forgiveness and pardon on your behalf. If these are prayers Hasan Al-Basri made, than what type of prayers should we be making...
Besim
May 23, 2007 Besim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who suffers from dry duas
Shelves: islam
A small collection of duas from this very early master of sufism shows you how the great saints used to approach Allah in their duas with such humility and humbleness despite (because) their higher levels of piety.
Lizzy
Apr 18, 2007 Lizzy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those looking to be moved, those searching for that much-needed reality check
It is somewhat redundant to add to the excellent reviews already posted on this book, but I highly reccomend it for everyone, everyone, everyone. If you read it sincerely and openly, it will widen and deepen your chest, it will induce humility and ecstasy, a slow, careful measure of the pleasure and nature and moments of every breath...you will be in a state - that state we look for, the state we miss when we reflect on spiritual highs we've had in the past, or sought in the past, or observed in...more
Amjad Tarsin
Apr 30, 2007 Amjad Tarsin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, used to ask Allah for forgiveness 100 times a day - not because he ever committed a sin, but because he felt that he was not able to truly worship Him as He deserved to be worshipped.

This book, written by a man who was taught by Imam Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, is essential for the sinner, the beginner, and even the saintly. I highly recommend it.
Ana Banana
This is the kind of little pocket of book one should read in the quiteness of the night. Alone and in reflection, it can bring tears to the heart.

This book also gives you an idea of the author, Hasan Al Basri R.A.
Basmah
Oct 08, 2011 Basmah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone =)
Shelves: religion
I carry this around in my bag all the time, it's really small and great for the commute to and from work. . .sometimes you just have to turn off that mp3 player, y'know?
Nur
Great to add to your daily wird.
Mubeena
Great companion on Hajj!
Zahid
Zahid marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
H
H marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Zaid
Zaid marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Aamer Munir
Aamer Munir marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
شويخة
شويخة marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Ammar Waqas
Ammar Waqas is currently reading it
May 18, 2014
Zayn Gregory
Zayn Gregory marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Asifshahbashirgmail.com
Asifshahbashirgmail.com marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Mudassir
Mudassir marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Zainab
Zainab added it
Apr 12, 2014
Serign
Serign marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Hammad Ali
Hammad Ali marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Mar King
Mar King marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Hamdan Bin
Hamdan Bin marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Zana
Zana marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Khalid
Khalid marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014