Start by marking “Nightmare in Shining Armor (Den of Antiquity, #8)” as Want to Read:
Nightmare in Shining Armor (Den of Antiquity, #8)

Nightmare in Shining Armor (Den of Antiquity #8)

The corpse is in the mail

Den of Antiquity proprietress Abigail Timberlake’s Halloween costume party is a roaring success—until an unexpected fire sends the panicked guests fleeing from Abby’s emporium. One exiting reveler she is only too happy to see the back of is Tweetie “Little Bo Peep” Timberlake—unfaithful wife of Abby’s faithless ex, Buford. But not long after the co
Published July 31st 2001 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Nightmare in Shining Armor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightmare in Shining Armor

Laurie Andres
No. Just no. There are too many ridiculous improbabilities, underdeveloped characters and scenes, and much too many unresolved issues. A super waste of time. The only positive was that the print was so huge--meaning the word count was too low--I blew through it in less than a few hours.
Dharia Scarab
Mar 03, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it it was ok

4 sta
Jodi
Nov 13, 2008 Jodi rated it liked it
Myers writes a couple of series. I wasn't crazy about her food mystery series, but this one wasn't bad. This is book 8 in the series and the only one I've read but I am not sure itmattered from a continuity perspective that I hadn't read the others. When antiques dealer Abby Timberlake holds a Halloween party she does not expect to find the dead body of her ex-husband's current wife under the bed. Although Abby is an amateur sleuth, I didn't think that she had a strong enough reason for doing so ...more
Cindy
Jan 10, 2015 Cindy rated it it was ok
Shelves: tamar-myers
This was just silly! There was a lot of rehash of little sayings and I hope by moving the location for the next book things will pick up. I would not recommend this book.
Sandy
Jan 16, 2015 Sandy rated it it was ok
Thought I would give Ms. Myers another chance. I did; I'm done
Larry Wegman
Mar 08, 2016 Larry Wegman rated it did not like it
A waste of time whodunit.
Cindy Martin
Jul 30, 2012 Cindy Martin rated it it was ok
I figured this one out about 1/4 of the way in. Also, Abby was even more insufferable than usual in this book. But I keep reading them because the mysteries i *usually* can't figure out, and I like the cast of supporting characters. If things don't get better in the next book, I'm not sure how much longer I can hang on, however.
VJ
Mar 28, 2013 VJ rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Absurdly funny as usual, with all the little niceties and hypocrisies of being a proper Southern woman.

This wasn't one of the best but certainly not the worst of the Den of Antiquities novels. This one was less about the antiques and more about the characters.
Sheila
Aug 24, 2008 Sheila rated it it was ok
Ms Myers certainly has a sense of humor and sadly she knows it. Her puns are frequent and often to the detriment of the plot. I have read one of her books in the past and will probably choose to forgo on another Abigail Timberlake mystery.

Julie
Sep 27, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
A fun romp through a murder that happens at a costume party. Wjen the body turns up under the bed of the hostess, who has a good motive to hate the victim, in a suit of armor the antiquarian sets out to clear her name.
A fun fluff mystery.
Lollyletsgo
Aug 25, 2014 Lollyletsgo rated it liked it
This one was okay, I think I understand when individuals complain about Abby. She continued to "wail" at people the entire way through the book. And yes, it did begin to grate my nerves, which is why I gave it a 3.
Dee
Nov 29, 2010 Dee rated it it was ok
My beloved Aussie Ivy died on the ninth of this month, and this is the only thing I could even try to read through my tears. I wasn't much of a book, but I was able to finish it.
ChrisGA
Dec 05, 2015 ChrisGA rated it really liked it
another madcap adventure with Abby and her collection of oddball friends and clients. Strange murder---and what is up with Greg?
PWRL
Jun 23, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2011-new
O
Doreen
Doreen added it
Sep 27, 2016
Rosie Golka
Rosie Golka marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2016
Rox
Rox is currently reading it
Sep 19, 2016
Joyce Wessel
Joyce Wessel rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Carla
Carla rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Pch
Pch marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Amy Friedman
Amy Friedman rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Leigh
Leigh rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Byl
Byl marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Marcia Schmit
Marcia Schmit marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Turid Dulin
Turid Dulin rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2016
  • Truffled Feathers (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #2)
  • Too Many Cooks (Angie Amalfi, #2)
  • Antiques Maul (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #2)
  • A Groom with a View (Jane Jeffry, #11)
  • Mallets Aforethought (Home Repair is Homicide, #7)
  • Elected for Death (Susan Henshaw, #10)
  • If Hooks Could Kill (Crochet Mystery, #7)
  • Plan Bee (A Queen Bee Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Can Rain on Your Shower (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #10)
  • Frill Kill (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #5)
Tamar Myers was born and raised in the Belgian Congo (now just the Congo). Her parents were missionaries to a tribe which, at that time, were known as headhunters and used human skulls for drinking cups. Hers was the first white family ever to peacefully coexist with the tribe, and Tamar grew up fluent in the local trade language. Because of her pale blue eyes, Tamar’s nickname was Ugly Eyes.

Tamar
More about Tamar Myers...

Den of Antiquity (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Larceny and Old Lace (Den of Antiquity, #1)
  • Gilt by Association (Den of Antiquity, #2)
  • The Ming and I (Den of Antiquity, #3)
  • So Faux, So Good (Den of Antiquity, #4)
  • Baroque and Desperate (Den of Antiquity, #5)
  • Estate of Mind (Den of Antiquity, #6)
  • A Penny Urned (Den of Antiquity, #7)
  • Splendor in the Glass (Den of Antiquity, #9)
  • Tiles and Tribulations (Den of Antiquity Mystery, #10)
  • Statue of Limitations (Den of Antiquity, #11)