The Night's Dawn Trilogy (Night's Dawn, #1-3)

The Night's Dawn Trilogy (Night's Dawn #1-3)

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  460 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Reality Dysfunction and The Neutronium Alchemist chronicled an epic, far-future struggle set in a universe of thrilling complexity. Multiple worlds, alien races, two types of future humanity, and uncountable forms of fascinating future technology make up the universe created by Peter F. Hamilton. The "reality dysfunction" is a break in the fabric of reality that allows...more
Published (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Night's Dawn Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night's Dawn Trilogy

Dune by Frank HerbertFahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyThe Martian Chronicles by Ray BradburyRendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. ClarkeThe Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov
Golden Age & New Wave SF
94th out of 227 books — 212 voters
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsDune by Frank HerbertThe Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Top Sci-Fi/Fantasy Nominees
161st out of 207 books — 37 voters

More lists with this book...

travelgirlut
I read the first book in this trilogy on it's own, then picked up this combo to read the last two. It is a loooooong series. After reading the first I wasn't sure I wanted to continue reading because it gets pretty harsh and gory in places, but I really wanted to find out how everything got resolved. So I pressed on. And while there was still more nasty depravity in the second and third books, the story just kept me going. There were parts, pretty much anything having to do with Quinn Dexter, th...more
John Boettcher
This was my first dip into the works of Peter F. Hamilton and let me say it was a good one. From the first couple of pages until the final pages on the last page of "The Naked God", this series was great!

Hamilton incorporates so many elements into his books that it is refreshing to see so many different aspects brought together into something that works.

The three books are long. Really long. We are talking well over a thousand, small typed pages apiece, but the books are incredibly easy to read...more
Brendan
This is probably the largest cohesive work of fiction I've read. It's larger than a lot of 10 book fantasy series out there. So although I started in May and didn't finish until September, I don't feel that bad about it. It's really 3 books anyway (hence, "trilogy") but it's really more like 7 because in the printed version the books were too big to make as single volumes, so they had to be split up.

Anyway, I was daunted by the size before I started. This was the last thing sitting unread on my...more
Drew Schott
This has got to be the best and longest hard sci-fi trilogy I've read. It kept my interest up the entire time.

Totaling over 3,600 pages, in the end, I wish it would have kept going.

Peter F Hamilton's view in this universe he created is amazingly large and thorough.

This was an awesome mix of space action, hard sci-fi, bad boy/good boy space captains, space zombies, super ships, weaponry, and cyborg like humans.

One of my favorite concepts in it, though not a large part of the story, is a man who h...more
Aleph
Dupa semnificatia notarii, trei stele inseamna ca mi-a placut. Imaginatia autorului a fost greu de tinut in frau, de aceea trilogia e greu de citit. Traducerea in limba romana a ultimei parti, "Zeul adormit" e absolut mizerabila.
Troy
Short review, LOOOOONG read :) I read all three back to back, sheeze by the time I finished the last book I was ready for it to be over with. Very good writing style, storyline kept me turning pages and staying up way late just to see what was going to happen next. Well developed characters although there were so many I did find myself a little confused as to who was who. Very enjoyable read.
Jim
Like Hamilton's other works, it is dense and filled with BIG IDEAS. Also like Hamilton's other works, it's space opera so if you like that type of science fiction or you've read other titles by Hamilton, you'll like this. I still have the Void trilogy to read but I enjoyed this nearly as much as the Commonwealth (Pandora's Star/Judas Unchained) duology.
Ian Kester-haney
This is one of the best books I have ever read. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in a cultural science fiction book. After reading this book, I got completely hooked on Peter F. Hamilton and have subsequently read every book he has written.
Alice
I finished reading the first book. It it well written, but it takes forever until something actually starts happening. I will definately read the two oher books.
Greg
Mar 16, 2013 Greg marked it as to-read-backlog-02
The Reality Dysfunction 03/19/2009 to 04/06/2009
The Neutronium Alchemist TBR
The Naked God TBR
Matthew Bowers
This is gonna be huge and epic and awesome, I can already tell.
Dan
Epic, and awesome. Space opera at its finest.
James Riley
Best motherfucken series EVAH.
Culinaria Daniela
Best sci fi book I have ever read
Leon
Zombies in space... What's not to like?
Jessica
Aug 30, 2011 Jessica added it
Shelves: own-kindle
Corey Florucci
Corey Florucci marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Kirk
Kirk marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Colin
Colin marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Thomas E Warnock
Thomas E Warnock marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Harry
Harry marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Vae
Vae marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
HUGE ebook 1 10 Jan 29, 2010 05:25PM
  • Skylark Three
  • The Ecologic Envoy (Ecolitan Matter, #3)
  • The Shiva Option (Starfire, #4)
  • Zero Point (Owner Trilogy, #2)
  • Heris Serrano
  • Red Mars / Green Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1-2)
  • Diamond Dogs
  • Overtime (Laundry Files, #2.5)
  • Seas of Venus (Seas of Venus, #1-2)
  • The Defiant Agents (Time Traders/Ross Murdock, #3)
  • Conventions of War (Dread Empire's Fall, #3)
Peter F. Hamilton is a British science fiction author. He is best known for writing space opera. As of the publication of his tenth novel in 2004, his works had sold over two million copies worldwide, making him Britain's biggest-selling science fiction author.
More about Peter F. Hamilton...
Pandora's Star (Commonwealth Saga, #1) The Reality Dysfunction (Night's Dawn, #1) Judas Unchained (Commonwealth Saga, #2) The Dreaming Void (Void, #1) The Evolutionary Void (Void, #3)