Start by marking “Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs” as Want to Read:
Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs

Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs

Three meddling mothers do some behind-the-scenes matchmaking to help their daughters find love and romance, from a widowed mother who asks her handsome new tenant to keep an eye on her overprotective daughter, to a mother who sends a very special patient to her daughter's veterinary clinic. Original.
Published May 1st 2004 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Mother, Please!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother, Please!

Elizabeth
Angel **Book Junkie**
Apr 21, 2015 Angel **Book Junkie** rated it did not like it
First off I want to say I am sorry! I have read other books by Brenda Novak and Jill Shavis this one just did not do it for me. I was ready to be done on the first pages of all three stories. It was not for but who knows maybe you will love it!
Rossy
Jul 05, 2014 Rossy rated it liked it
Cute book, 3 short stories.
Loved the first, liked the second and struggled to finish the third.
Lara
Dec 15, 2016 Lara rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2016
Three short stories about girls and their mothers. All three endings felt rushed, and the last story was painful to read because of a lack of good editing.
Mojca
Blurb writers should actually read the book they’re writing the blurb for, before doing anything remotely similar to writing a blurb...Because having finished this anthology, the problem isn’t with the mothers (as many would have you believe), but with their daughters.

Each heroine in this book has her own issues with intimacy with the opposite sex and those issues are mostly their own fault. Their mothers just want them to be happy and if that means they have to resort to matchmaking—so be it.

Ms
Diah Didi
I loved it! For short story, these three stories were certainly entertaining.
I loved the first because they pretended to be a couple. I loved the second because it's kinda cute for Jason to always came up at her clinic with different kind of pets just to see her, even he had an agenda. I loved the last because, well, it's an old crush theme, they had an unfinished business.
Bri
Dec 27, 2011 Bri rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
(Jill Shalvis book only): Cute, though rushed. I didn't really have time to warm up to either the hero or the heroine, which - I know - it's a novella, but I should still feel a connection to them. Also some back and forth and COMPLETELY OOC actions had me raising my eyebrows. All in all, it was a cute, short read, though.
Cari

I really liked all thee. Brenda Novak's about the geeky girl and the racing champers a god fun read. I'd say the same about Jill Shalvis and Allison Kent's stories. But that's what an anthology is for. I don't expect a GREAT READ, BUT THESE WERE REALLY GOOD.
Sarmistha
Jul 01, 2016 Sarmistha rated it really liked it
Judging from the title, one would expect the mothers to be a bit more meddlesome. It would have certainly been much more entertaining. Sneaky, witty, matchmaking mothers would have been even better!
Jae
Dec 01, 2010 Jae rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Consists of 3 short stories:
1. What A Girl Wants by Brenda Novak -4/5
2. The Road Home by Jill Shalvis -3/5
3. Upstairs, Downstairs by Mica Stone -1/5
Emilydblaisdell
Emilydblaisdell rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2015
Camie
Camie rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Louise Pledge
Louise Pledge rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Jacquie
Jacquie rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Loretta
Loretta rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2014
Nora
Nora rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2009
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Lee Ann
Lee Ann rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
Marti Rosenberg
Marti Rosenberg rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Loretta Clabo
Loretta Clabo rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2009
Judy Fischer
Judy Fischer rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2013
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2010
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2012
Stella
Stella rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2014
Alexa Verde
Alexa Verde rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Teshii
Teshii rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids. #6)
  • No Mistletoe Required
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • Lake Magic
  • One Good Cowboy
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Lying in Your Arms
  • Love at First Sight
  • Not Fit for a King? (A Royal Scandal, #1)
  • The Power of the Legendary Greek
  • Kiss Me, Katie! / Hug Me, Holly! (Harlequin Duets, #42)
  • Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2)
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak...