Just Try Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #270)

Just Try Me... (Adrenaline Rush #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Adrenaline junkie Lily Peterson is no stranger to taking chances. She's been there, hiked/rafted/skied that. But that was before an accident nearly put her out of commission for good. Now, after months in physiotherapy, this former firefighter has a new motto: look before you leap. It's not as much fun, but it works. Still, it's killing her that she has to start all over a...more
Mass Market Paperback, 249 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published 2006)

Lisa Kay
Hiking in the Sierras
[image error]

★★★★½ What a nice little surprise. While I’ve always liked Jill Shalvis, I’ve just started reading her back list (which can be a risky adventure) and this one shines. I loved the characters (realistic, brave, upfront, likable), the dialogue (witty without being snarky), and the setting (outdoors!) in Just Try Me... Even the secondary characters were entertaining. Ms. Shalvis has a way of making a story just flow, causing the pages to slip away. There were a few...more
Saly
Unusual in the sense that the heroine was the one afflicted with wanderlust and commitment issues while the hero was the one willing to take a chance. The bad girl and the geeky guy story. Enjoyable but not that memorable. We also get POV's of some of the people on the hike that the heroine is leading.
Adrienne
A 4 star read for me, a sweet romance between Lily (active, outdoorsy girl) and Jared ( CEO city boy but willing to have a go at the great outdoors) Both our H/h and have cheated death and are on their own separate roads to 'freedom' when their paths cross on a hiking break(Jared as a client and Lily the leader).Jared and Lily feel the love almost immeadiately but whilst Jared is a nice guy who just wants to get to know Lily, shes not going down the relationship road. Eventualy they get together...more
Roxie
Jill Shalvis got better later on. Just sayin.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

After injury
She guides trek through wilderness
Meets hot techie geek

Nice Harlequin Blaze
Better depth of character
Than most of this type
Lyndi
Heroine in denial. Fucking kill me. Or her. Yeah, kill her.
Kelli
I loved it.
First of all I like campy- it makes me feel good and although I've never been to the Sierra's or any mountain at all to be honest you could tell that Jill has and how much she loves them. It was almost this whole second undercurrent - an ode - a love story to the outdoors, to hiking, to nature, to the wild wild wilderness. It was humbling.
On the love story level it was phenomenal. I just love Jill's Characters and how real they feel for me. You know that thing they say about finishi...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Lots of great 'outdoor sex' keep this one lively. Lily Peterson was never supposed to walk again. Jared Skye is also lucky to be alive. Maybe they should get lucky together.

I used to be an avid outdoorsman. I've backpacked in the Tetons and the Appalachians. I even spent a few months on the Appalachian Trail. I've done many of the things they do in this book and it certainly brought many of those experiences back. Sure it was over the top at points, but still a fun read.
Jared!! OMG!! He is the kind of guy I would totally fall for. Everything, just everything about him is so good. From the way his glasses keep slipping to the way he’s so addicted to his electronics. I loved this book, it certainly deserves 4 and a half stars. I loved the way the author had written about the beautiful sceneries. I could almost imagine myself being there with the rest of the group. This is a must read, especially for those who love adventure.
Susan Parkes
Great love story. Outdoor hiking adventure were the hero is a normal guy and the girl is commitment phobic. The storyline involves all the characters and you got to learn about them too and not just the lead characters. I would definitely read this book again.
Jill Shalvis
Anne
I enjoy everything by Jill Shalvis. This book was a pleasure as they all are. I felt I got to know Lily and a bit of everyone else. I wish I felt I knew Jarod better. I thought they were a great couple and connected well. I just didn't get enough of Jared's character. This book didn't have as much humor as some, either.
Deanna Drake
I LOVED this story....sweet love with some juicy action thrown in to keep you glued! I really liked how Shalvis used the male "hero" who was not the typical "hot" guy....glasses, sophisticated and somewhat geeky. Great premise for a great read.
Bobbii  "Book-A-Holic"
it was good, i liked pretty much the whole book but i didn't like the way Lily tried to close herself off from Jared...that was sooooo stupid...
Tania
Randomly chosen to be book #35 for 2012. Not quite speed reading at the mo but still enjoying the escape.
Lara
My second Shalvis book confirmed to me her talent at writing funny and smart relationship stories.
Janelle
Ehhh...it's good for a train ride...and maybe for those not getting any. A quick, breezy read.
Caffenero
A classic Harlequin with the premises for the Wilder series :)
Katie Rasmussen
A sweet story, fine characters and blossom lovestory.
Panda Boo
Panda Boo marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Cathy Gosling-lewis
Cathy Gosling-lewis marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Shaken and Stirred: Those Sexy O'Sullivans
  • Risque Business (Harlequin Blaze #418)
  • One Wild Wedding Night (Santori Stories, #6)
  • Face-Off
  • All Over You (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #2)
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Ripped!
  • The Right Stuff (Uniformly Hot!, #4) (Harlequin Blaze, #463)

Look for Jill's latest, THEN CAME YOU, on shelves and ereaders now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold. Also, visit her website for...more
More about Jill Shalvis...
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)