Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878) (The Wrong Bed, #17)

Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878) (The Wrong Bed #18)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  340 ratings  ·  25 reviews
pFor only one night, Commander Corrine Atkinson lets go of her iron control and seduces a perfect, sexy stranger. Come morning, control firmly in place, Corrine sneaks out of his bed and gets back to her own life. But Corrine's in for a big surprise. Her perfect stranger has turned into the wrong man! His name is Mike Wright and he's the newest member of the team she's com...more
Published May 1st 2002 by Harlequin Books

Saly
Her Perfect Stranger had one thing I hate an annoying heroine. Hey, I am all for the feminist movement but I don't like a mule-headed heroine.
Corrine is an astronaut, and a commander on a space mission. She has made herself an "Ice-Queen" to her people. She plays down her femininity since she figures she's a woman and instead acts rigid sometimes. She spends an impulsive night with a stranger who turns out to be Mike, her new man on her mission.

Mike has returned to the States from Russia after m...more
Marblezzie (Blez)
I always thought that meeting someone for the very first time and feeling an instantaneous sexual attraction is kinda sexy, not to mention kinky! That’s why I have really enjoyed Jill Shalvis’s “Her Perfect Stranger”. I have had so much fun reading it because some scenes of the story were really humorous especially the part where the hero and heroine were caught having sex in her office.

Mike Wright had felt an immediate sexual attraction the minute he saw Corrine across the hotel pub, and couldn...more
Holly
An older Shalvis I bought at a used book store. I enjoyed quite a bit of it, including the unusual job of main characters (astronauts), though I did struggle with the heroine at times. Her cold attitude worked in a professional capacity, but I would have liked to see her warm up more on the personal side.
Lucille
I didn't like this much. The story was predictable, the plot was lacking, and the characters are annoying. Especially Corrine.

The story was unbelievable. Even at this century, there is no decent woman who would actually have sex with a stranger, no matter how handsome or proper he is.

For the characters, Corrine just keeps on pushing Mike away just because of her work reputation. I know that it's not okay to be in a relationship with a co-worker (that prohibited, right?), but Corrine is so lustf...more
Shxrxn
As a man, you can't help yourself, you're just a helpless slave to your body's cravings. Will that help you sleep at night?
- Corrine
He was someone she could have allowed herself to care for, if she ever allowed such things. But she couldn't, at least not now. Some other time, perhaps...
- Corrine
She'd always told herself that someday she'd allow Prince Charming into her life, but the tuning was never right. But damn it, when? When would it be right?
- Corrine
She was simply no good at matters of th...more
Janeiowa
Two astronauts, commanded Corrine Atkinson and pilot Mike Wright hook up, not knowing who the other is. Then they train together...the Ice Queen...she the shuttle commander and he, the shuttle pilot.

Borrowed from S. Texas digital lib....more
Jen
I reckon this would have been that much better if the characters' potential was raised just a tad more. It was sexy to see the whole "strangers stranded in the rain" kind of kink played out, and even more intriguing once we find out they are to be co-workers, and then utterly awesome to see her as his superior in rank. That's ticking off a lot of good points already. I just feel that Corinne wasn't set up as well in her development—as if she herself wasn't quite convinced that she wanted the rel...more
elstaffe
2.5 stars rounds up to 3.
Lisa
Feb 17, 2013 Lisa added it
Never dissapointed by Jill Shalvis!!! Her Perfect Stranger wasn't any different! Corrine is a eoman advancing in a male dominated industry and felt she must be tough and utterly unlikable to maintain her position. One night of letting her guard down with a stranger and her whole life goes crazy, or so she thinks. Mike, her stranger, ends up loving the fact that she has changed his life. A cute story of letting down the walls of career to truly find happiness.
Sunny☼
One wild night, in a hotel room with a perfect stranger, just what the both needed before the hard work of preparing for a spacestation mission.

Corrine is the commander of the team and Mike is the pilot. Can he accept a woman in charge and can she let down her defenses long enough to be loved?

Character building and progression is the strength of this story and a trade mark of Shalvis. It was well done as the story plodded on.
Melinda Dozier
I never tire of Jill Shalvis. Decided to pick up an older read while I wait for It Had to be You. Loved it. I always become involved with her characters from the get-go.

Not sure why others rated lower. The heroine was mule-headed, but she had to be since she works in a "man's" world. There ARE mule-headed people out there... just made it more real for me.

Read in one night - don't do that very often. :)
I love Jill Shalvis so I really hate only giving this one 2 Stars. I think the reason I didn't love it was because it was 10+ years old and followed the style of the day, in addition, it was written for Harlequin Temptation which has it's own constraints.

It wasn't a bad book by any means but the story and the characters didn't really grab me.
Kate
This was a short, intense read. There was a LOT of conflict (mostly internal), but it worked with the shorter format. I understood the push-and-pull between the hero and heroine (who were both astronauts, btw: points for creativity). The heroine was pretty prickly but it didn't bother me too much, given her career.
Beate
This is my least favorite book by Jill Shalvis. I had a really hard time getting through it. This story was just...boring, in lack of a better word. Really bummed about that since out of the 14 Shalvis books I bought yesterday, this was the one I was looking forward the most to read.
Roxie
Typical. I think I made a mistake reading older JS books.
Fedora
Good fast read. Corinne and Mike are interesting characters, and it's fun to watch the sparks fly :) I enjoyed that she was ranked higher than she was; that was a neat twist on things.
Heather
i love shalvis but this wasnt one if her best to much internal dialog and tge female character was one of those annoying women who push an amazing man she wants at every corner
Tasha
This was a perfect story, Love is not always easy. Love can be hard at times but when you find the one you love its so easy to just say "Yes"
Shelly Bell
So this was a rerelease but I didn't know it. I kept thinking it was dated since they've cut the space program. Now it makes sense!
Matthew Francis
My first full on romance read. I loved it actually... wasn't half bad at all. Would read it again when i get the chance definitely.
Regina Malone
I like the way the story in starts in Huntsville, Alabama then Houston, Texas..
Yes, it about the Space Shuttle and love..
Marky
I wasn't totally drawn in by the characters/plot ... It was ok
Jocelyn
Not my favorite of Jill's but it was an easy read.
Diki79
Waaaaay to much monologue !
K.C. Harper
K.C. Harper marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Face-Off
  • Shaken and Stirred: Those Sexy O'Sullivans
  • Below the Belt (Harlequin Blaze, #404)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)
  • The Billionaire's Scandalous Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #2627)
  • Twist of Fate
  • Tempted by His Target
  • Men of Courage II
  • Daring the Duke (Lords of Intrigue, #2)
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Jewel in His Crown
  • A Place Called Home
  • Witness Seduction
  • Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #3)

Look for Jill's latest, THEN CAME YOU, on shelves and ereaders now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold. Also, visit her website for...more
More about Jill Shalvis...
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)