Start by marking “Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878) (The Wrong Bed, #17)” as Want to Read:
Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878) (The Wrong Bed, #17)

Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878) (The Wrong Bed #18)

pFor only one night, Commander Corrine Atkinson lets go of her iron control and seduces a perfect, sexy stranger. Come morning, control firmly in place, Corrine sneaks out of his bed and gets back to her own life. But Corrine's in for a big surprise. Her perfect stranger has turned into the wrong man! His name is Mike Wright and he's the newest member of the team she's com ...more
Published May 1st 2002 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878)

Saly
Her Perfect Stranger had one thing I hate an annoying heroine. Hey, I am all for the feminist movement but I don't like a mule-headed heroine.
Corrine is an astronaut, and a commander on a space mission. She has made herself an "Ice-Queen" to her people. She plays down her femininity since she figures she's a woman and instead acts rigid sometimes. She spends an impulsive night with a stranger who turns out to be Mike, her new man on her mission.

Mike has returned to the States from Russia after m
Julie
Oct 17, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
Her Perfect Stranger by Jill Shalvis is a 2002 Harlequin Temptation publication.

This title is one of those 'bargain bin' novels I picked up at my local paperback swap store. Jill Shalvis has gone on to enjoy countless appearances on the NYT bestseller list and is a heavy hitter in contemporary romance.

I pulled this title off my shelf because I am thinking of starting a new MEME for my blog in order to incorporate more of my older books in with the new releases I feature on my blog. ( Stay tune
Marblezzie (Blez)
Feb 21, 2011 Marblezzie (Blez) rated it really liked it
I always thought that meeting someone for the very first time and feeling an instantaneous sexual attraction is kinda sexy, not to mention kinky! That’s why I have really enjoyed Jill Shalvis’s “Her Perfect Stranger”. I have had so much fun reading it because some scenes of the story were really humorous especially the part where the hero and heroine were caught having sex in her office.

Mike Wright had felt an immediate sexual attraction the minute he saw Corrine across the hotel pub, and couldn
Feb 27, 2013 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I love Jill Shalvis so I really hate only giving this one 2 Stars. I think the reason I didn't love it was because it was 10+ years old and followed the style of the day, in addition, it was written for Harlequin Temptation which has it's own constraints.

It wasn't a bad book by any means but the story and the characters didn't really grab me.
Holly
An older Shalvis I bought at a used book store. I enjoyed quite a bit of it, including the unusual job of main characters (astronauts), though I did struggle with the heroine at times. Her cold attitude worked in a professional capacity, but I would have liked to see her warm up more on the personal side.
Fedora
Feb 08, 2011 Fedora rated it really liked it
Good fast read. Corinne and Mike are interesting characters, and it's fun to watch the sparks fly :) I enjoyed that she was ranked higher than she was; that was a neat twist on things.
Lucille
Jul 04, 2012 Lucille rated it it was ok
I didn't like this much. The story was predictable, the plot was lacking, and the characters are annoying. Especially Corrine.

The story was unbelievable. Even at this century, there is no decent woman who would actually have sex with a stranger, no matter how handsome or proper he is.

For the characters, Corrine just keeps on pushing Mike away just because of her work reputation. I know that it's not okay to be in a relationship with a co-worker (that prohibited, right?), but Corrine is so lustf
Shxrxn
Jul 27, 2011 Shxrxn rated it it was ok
As a man, you can't help yourself, you're just a helpless slave to your body's cravings. Will that help you sleep at night?
- Corrine
He was someone she could have allowed herself to care for, if she ever allowed such things. But she couldn't, at least not now. Some other time, perhaps...
- Corrine
She'd always told herself that someday she'd allow Prince Charming into her life, but the tuning was never right. But damn it, when? When would it be right?
- Corrine
She was simply no good at matters of th
Janeiowa
Feb 23, 2014 Janeiowa rated it it was ok
Two astronauts, commanded Corrine Atkinson and pilot Mike Wright hook up, not knowing who the other is. Then they train together...the Ice Queen...she the shuttle commander and he, the shuttle pilot.

Borrowed from S. Texas digital lib.
Jen
Jan 25, 2012 Jen rated it liked it
I reckon this would have been that much better if the characters' potential was raised just a tad more. It was sexy to see the whole "strangers stranded in the rain" kind of kink played out, and even more intriguing once we find out they are to be co-workers, and then utterly awesome to see her as his superior in rank. That's ticking off a lot of good points already. I just feel that Corinne wasn't set up as well in her development—as if she herself wasn't quite convinced that she wanted the rel ...more
Gina
Jun 17, 2016 Gina rated it it was amazing
I loved this quick easy read, funny and I never get tired of this author!
elstaffe
Feb 03, 2014 elstaffe rated it liked it
2.5 stars rounds up to 3.
Lisa
Feb 17, 2013 Lisa added it
Never dissapointed by Jill Shalvis!!! Her Perfect Stranger wasn't any different! Corrine is a eoman advancing in a male dominated industry and felt she must be tough and utterly unlikable to maintain her position. One night of letting her guard down with a stranger and her whole life goes crazy, or so she thinks. Mike, her stranger, ends up loving the fact that she has changed his life. A cute story of letting down the walls of career to truly find happiness.
Sunny☼
One wild night, in a hotel room with a perfect stranger, just what the both needed before the hard work of preparing for a spacestation mission.

Corrine is the commander of the team and Mike is the pilot. Can he accept a woman in charge and can she let down her defenses long enough to be loved?

Character building and progression is the strength of this story and a trade mark of Shalvis. It was well done as the story plodded on.
Melinda Dozier
Apr 07, 2013 Melinda Dozier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never tire of Jill Shalvis. Decided to pick up an older read while I wait for It Had to be You. Loved it. I always become involved with her characters from the get-go.

Not sure why others rated lower. The heroine was mule-headed, but she had to be since she works in a "man's" world. There ARE mule-headed people out there... just made it more real for me.

Read in one night - don't do that very often. :)
Kate
Feb 20, 2013 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short, intense read. There was a LOT of conflict (mostly internal), but it worked with the shorter format. I understood the push-and-pull between the hero and heroine (who were both astronauts, btw: points for creativity). The heroine was pretty prickly but it didn't bother me too much, given her career.
Beate
Feb 19, 2011 Beate rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, erotica
This is my least favorite book by Jill Shalvis. I had a really hard time getting through it. This story was just...boring, in lack of a better word. Really bummed about that since out of the 14 Shalvis books I bought yesterday, this was the one I was looking forward the most to read.
Roxie
Jan 05, 2014 Roxie rated it liked it
Typical. I think I made a mistake reading older JS books.
Heather
Feb 28, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
i love shalvis but this wasnt one if her best to much internal dialog and tge female character was one of those annoying women who push an amazing man she wants at every corner
Tasha
May 09, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This was a perfect story, Love is not always easy. Love can be hard at times but when you find the one you love its so easy to just say "Yes"
Shelly Bell
Feb 16, 2013 Shelly Bell rated it really liked it
So this was a rerelease but I didn't know it. I kept thinking it was dated since they've cut the space program. Now it makes sense!
Regina Malone
Sep 18, 2013 Regina Malone rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-adult
I like the way the story in starts in Huntsville, Alabama then Houston, Texas..
Yes, it about the Space Shuttle and love..
Jewls Peters
Mar 01, 2015 Jewls Peters rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
because I couldnt give it 0 stars.
Marky
Mar 17, 2013 Marky rated it liked it
I wasn't totally drawn in by the characters/plot ... It was ok
Jocelyn
Apr 27, 2013 Jocelyn rated it liked it
Not my favorite of Jill's but it was an easy read.
Diki79
Oct 16, 2013 Diki79 rated it liked it
Waaaaay to much monologue !
Rochelle
Mar 16, 2013 Rochelle rated it liked it
Nina
Nina added it
Sep 25, 2016
Jennifer Friars
Jennifer Friars rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Jєѕѕαღ
Jєѕѕαღ marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
  • Tempestuous April
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)
  • One Wild Wedding Night (Santori Stories, #6)
  • A Dash of Temptation
  • Tempted by His Target
  • Men of Courage II (Men of Courage, #5; Stone/White, #1)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Look for Jill's latest, SWEET LITTLE LIES on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

The Wrong Bed (1 - 10 of 75 books)
  • Bedded Bliss
  • Honeymoon With A Stranger (The Wrong Bed, #2)
  • Twin Beds (The Wrong Bed, #3)
  • Love Me, Love My Bed (The Wrong Bed, #4)
  • Midnight Train From Georgia (The Wrong Bed, #5)
  • His Double, Her Trouble (The Wrong Bed, #6)
  • In The Dark  (Harlequin Temptation #723)
  • Tangled Sheets (Harlequin Temptation #727)
  • Not in My Bed! (Harlequin Temptation #731)
  • While He Was Sleeping (The Wrong Bed, #11)