Shadow Hawk (Harlequin Blaze, #329)

Shadow Hawk (Harlequin Blaze, #329)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  392 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The deadliest combo is a killer body—with
a lover's touch!

When his latest mission turns into a bloodbath, ATF officer JT Hawk realizes he's been set up by someone at the top. Wounded and on the run, he has no choice but to take beautiful Abby Wells hostage. After all, she's in danger, too. And if the only way to keep the fiercely independent communications expert safe is t...more
Published June 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published 2007)

Carrie
3.5*

This book was almost a 4* read for me. I thought the writing was great and overall the plot was good. I've read several of Shalvis's category romances and while I've always enjoyed them, they aren't her strongest work. This was the exception in many ways. However, she lost me when I couldn't suspend disbelief enough (view spoiler)...more
Let me start by saying Jill Shalvis is a favorite author. I've enjoyed all of her books, so maybe I am biased?

This one starts off quick and just keeps moving--no slowing down. I had a very difficult time putting it down. Abby and Hawk are both great characters and the chemistry is well written.

I think I would have liked this book even more if it were a "full-length" title instead of just a category romance. More development of Logan would have been great. For what it is, though, I really enjoye...more
Mfred
Since starting Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter Series, I've had a real love-jones for romantic suspense. I've also been meaning to read Jill Shalvis since the Smart Bitches made Instant Attraction one of their Save the Contemporary picks.

I can't say this is the best romance novel I have ever read. Maybe it's the limitations of the format-- I don't have a lot of experience with category romance, so it is hard for me to say.

Shalvis hits all the right notes when it comes to the will they/won't t...more
Marblezzie (Blez)
This was an exciting and thrilling story about an ATF agent who got really close in uncovering a case about the kiddie bombers. But what’s an action-packed thriller story if it has no romance, titillating sex and humor in it, right??? Best recipe for a page-turning Blaze’s novel!

Conner Hawk was the best ATF agent in his field and he’s got pretty close in uncovering the mastermind in the Kiddie Bomber case they were working on. Logan, his best friend and team mate, and him both suspected that one...more
ツ Renée
Oh, I loved Conner Hawk. He was funny, sexy, intelligent, strong, and honorable. He had his work cut out for him trying to prove his innocence, and it didn’t help the way Abby treated him. Granted – she suffered a terrible ordeal, but I had a hard time warming up to her – I don’t do bitch well. She came around later on, and I was able to appreciate the emotion and pull between them. They had some wonderful scenes. I particularly liked their first time together. Conner’s patience and understandin...more
Jodi Lynn
Finished this one over the weekend and really enjoyed it! There were a couple moments that were kinda hokey in regards to the romance (ending felt rushed and a little cliche to me), but the plot and suspense elements were strong enough for me to look past this. If I had the option I would give it a 4.5 or maybe a 4.8. Since I don't, I will give it a 5, as the book does have a great storyline. I will say it reads more like a Silhouette Romantic Suspense than a traditional Blaze though, so if you...more
Jody
The female in this book continually pissed me off. I still love Jill's books but this was not a fav
D.B. Reynolds
Another fun and hot read by Jill Shalvis.
Dee Haddrill
I have to be honest and say this disappointed me a little, purely because it's by Jill Shalvis and she has done much better. I think the problem may be mine, because I absolutely LOVE her trilogies and series, and they always contain so much character development and humour, and you just can't get that as much in a stand-alone novel. That said, however, it was a good romantic suspense and the sex was hot and the love sweet.
Sheryl
So not a lot of good reviews but I'm a cover whore and the cover is making me wet err ... sweat, and I seriously love the name Hawk... Now I just have to finish the housework then I get to concerntrate on the body err ... book! :)

So i finished the book and it was pretty good! Very remeniscient of Cindy Gerard and Suzanne Brockmann...but obviously in a shorter format.
Anita
Okay, so this is probably my absolute favourite Mills and Boon novel of all time. I've actually reread it (several times - reread a Mills and Boon novel!) and I think that's saying something. I've held onto this one; it was just that great. If you spot it in an exchange bookstore, pick it up. It's worth the dollar you'll pay for it :).
Anne
Mar 19, 2013 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I enjoyed this as I love all the books by Jill Shalvis. This was a quick read. This book had less funny than some of her books. The main story of Hawk & Abby was good. I found the side story of Logan & Callen not very believable and the characters not very defined or real to me at all.
Dawn ♥ romance
Good story with a very exciting beginning and once the plot was established the characters worked on building their trust all nicely interspersed with a secondary romance. ATF officer Hawk has been setup and wounded on a mission then takes fellow ATF Abby hostage.
RedBecca
I really like Jill Shalvis but I didn't love this book. I guess I'm just not a fan of stories where the heroine is getting over her victimization for most of story. It was well-written, just not my cup of tea.
Leslie
I couldn't decide on 2 or 3 stars on this one. I like Jill Shalvis, but this was not one of my favorite books. It took me a while to get into it, but once I did I enjoyed the story for the most part.
Michele
Really liked it though the subplot was a bit of surprise because I don't recall seeing a lot of those in category books. Though I will admit I haven't read a ton of category in recent years.
Valdamerca
Good storyline, good tension build up between Abby and Hawk, could have gone without the sideline story of Logan and Callen, didn't add anything to the story and was a little dull.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
JT Hawk is an ATF officer. Abby Wells is his newest team member and attracted to him like no other. That should tell you all you need to know about this one.
Netanella
Not much blazing going on - instead, we get a sweet romance between two ATF agents who are double crossed by the big boss. Nicely done.
Rochelle
Wrapped up a little too neat and clean but hot story with 2 romances.
Latte
I love Jill Shalvis but this story? Not so much.
Caffenero
Cool! A very action novel :-)
Puna
Puna added it
Apr 17, 2014
Angela Clements
Angela Clements marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Thoko
Thoko marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Danita Owen
Danita Owen marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
  • Below the Belt (Harlequin Blaze, #404)
  • Sex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) (Harlequin Blaze, #388)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
  • Play with Me (Forbidden Fantasies #15) (Harlequin Blaze #521)
  • Watch And Learn (Sex for Beginners, #1)
  • Power Play
  • The Soldier (Uniformly Hot, #7) (Harlequin Blaze, #481)
  • At Your Command
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)

Look for Jill's latest, ONCE IN A LIFETIME, on shelves and ereaders now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold. Also, visit her websit...more
More about Jill Shalvis...
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)