Start by marking “Blessed Vows (The McKaslin Clan: Series 2, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blessed Vows (The McKaslin Clan: Series 2, #3)

Blessed Vows (The McKaslin Clan: Series 2 #3)

No man has ever irritated or intrigue Rachel McKaslin as much as Sergeant Jake McCall. When this bold and brash man suddenly becomes the foster parent of his orphaned niece, Rachel sees a side of Jake she never knew existed. Original.
Published December 1st 2005 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Blessed Vows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blessed Vows

The Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Image of Her by Lorna PeelRachel's Holiday by Marian KeyesDead Witch Walking by Kim HarrisonMy Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
"Rachel"
101st out of 111 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

SheLove2Read
Jan 28, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
** spoiler alert **

I'm very ambivalent about how to rate this book.

Right off, the editing is horrible. The back cover states the hero takes in his BROTHER'S child when its his SISTER'S child. His sister isn't "dying" as also stated, but was killed in a tragic accident. The heroine is Rachel McKaslin yet at one point, she's called Rachel HAWTHORNE.

This is about Rachel McKaslin. She's a waitress/soon-to-be restaurant owner of her family's hometown diner. She's shy and somewhat reserved around men
Jodi
Sep 01, 2009 Jodi rated it it was ok
A nice little book except there wasn't really any conflict until the last few pages and its all solved way too quickly in those last few pages. Almost like the author forgot to have any conflict until those last pages and quickly tacked some on at the end.
Jan Mcleod
Feb 25, 2014 Jan Mcleod rated it liked it
Rachel is sure she has fallen love with he perfect man, but Jake is a highly trained Special Forces soldier and doesn't think he needs anybody--only work. He doesn't want to appear weak or expose his heart or be vulnerable by displaying any emotions. He doesn't really believe in true love, either---until he met Rachel. But the question arises, why did he marry her?
Much better story than the preceding novel because the focus was different and not as much repetition.
Carolyn
Aug 11, 2015 Carolyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: love-inspired
Melissa
Sep 11, 2014 Melissa rated it did not like it
LI--very unrealistic. Love story to marriage progression too rushed. No reliance on God's lead or concern for circumstances.
Kate
Oct 27, 2013 Kate rated it liked it
As with all Jillian Hart novels, this was a very sweet story. The author's writing style is very lyrical and poetic, without being saccharine. I enjoyed getting to know Rachel more and cheered when she and Jake finally got it right! :)
The only issue I had with this book has nothing to do with the book itself, but I have to wonder if the people who write the synopses on the back of these books even read the books themselves. This is the second time I've read a book where the back synopsis has som
Barbara
Apr 02, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Rachel McKaslin's story, an I definitely recommend it. Rachel and Jake are characters that I definitely grew fond of, I appreciate that they aren't presented as perfect, and their story was a delightful journey with some very humorous parts. The final twist near the end of the book almost had me irrevocably turned against Jake Hathaway, but the resolution was somewhat satisfying, although almost too quick and simple. The back cover description does have a couple of mistakes, but ...more
Sandy
Nov 15, 2011 Sandy rated it liked it
Shelves: steeple-hill
I enjoyed the book but I agree with a comment that was made in one of the posts. The ending was just too fast. It seemed to me that the author just wrapped it up too fast. I mean first he doesn't want a real marriage and there she is crying and then the next paragraph it's like all of a sudden he does want a real marriage and she forgives him that quickly.
Jamey
May 11, 2012 Jamey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-inspired
I don't have much to say about this novel. It is a Christian-romance, centered on the love between a waitress and a military man. I ALMOST liked the ending, but then it ended all flowers and roses like the rest of these books. Oh well. If you want something purely entertaining to pass the time with, this would do it.
Amanda
Feb 08, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book! I love reading Love Inspired books and every new title I see I read it!! This is a matchmaker plot from the beginning and has a happy ending! I honestly don't rememeber when I finished this book! It didn't take me long to read it since it was that good! :)
Michele
Jan 01, 2009 Michele rated it really liked it
Received this through my wishlist on paperbackswap.com. And of course, I found something I enjoyed reading, but also ended up reading book 3 of the series before I read any of the other books. Good quick read. Inspirational romance. A little predictable, but still a good read.
Sheila Miller
May 30, 2009 Sheila Miller rated it really liked it
You can't hold back. Rachel McCaslin, and Jake McCall come together for her brother's wedding. Rachel lives in the family home by herself and Jake and his niece/daughter come to stay with her. The sparks fly and they both learn to love one another.
Joy
A sweet story. :) Rachel McKaslin has finally found love, as have her siblings Ben and Amy, and that just leaves big sister Paige. Well, at least until the next book anyway. lol

Dawn Michelle

2 1/2 Stars

This was the most disappointing book so far of the series. Just fell completely flat for me!
Judy
Mar 12, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing
another good read
Sue Mosher
Sue Mosher marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Summer
Summer marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Trisadee Mcmillan
Trisadee Mcmillan marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Free Fall Faith
Free Fall Faith rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Gale
Gale rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Shannon Walker
Shannon Walker rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Stephanie Christian
Stephanie Christian marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Jerry Pectol
Jerry Pectol rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Ronda McIntosh
Ronda McIntosh rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Ri
Ri added it
Jun 14, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Carole Markham
Carole Markham rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • No Place Like Home (Mule Hollow, #3)
  • A Leap of Faith (Texas Hearts, #3)
  • A Mommy in Mind
  • A Dropped Stitches Christmas (Sisterhood Series #2)
  • The Cinderella Plan
  • Promise Forever
  • Child of Mine (Rosewood, Texas, #2)
  • Love is Patient
  • Loving Constance (Sisters of the Heart Trilogy #3)
  • Missionary Daddy
  • Heaven Sent Husband
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

The McKaslin Clan: Series 2 (4 books)
  • Sweet Blessings (The McKaslin Clan: Series 2, #1)
  • Heaven's Touch (The McKaslin Clan: Series 2, #2)
  • A Handful of Heaven (The McKaslin Clan: Series 2, #4)