Start by marking “Evil Thirst (The Last Vampire, #5)” as Want to Read:
Evil Thirst (The Last Vampire, #5)

Evil Thirst (The Last Vampire #5)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  2,621 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Alisa's daughter, Kalika, a bloodthirsty monster with powers far beyond Alisa's, is gone. It is Alisa's task to track her down and destroy her.

Yet Alisa still has trouble believing her daughter is totally evil. She still hopes to save Kalika, even if it means risking her own life—and perhaps the lives of everyone in the world.
Published July 1st 1996 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Evil Thirst, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil Thirst

Twilight by Stephenie MeyerSunshine by Robin McKinleyYou Suck by Christopher MooreVampire Academy by Richelle MeadDead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Unusual, Alternative Vampires
109th out of 314 books — 514 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceVampire Academy by Richelle MeadDead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Vampires and Werewolves and Witches...Oh My!
410th out of 1,136 books — 2,307 voters

More lists with this book...

Milly599
Love it a lot!!!
Chapter 35
After becoming a Vampire again to defeat to her daughter, who she believes is pure evil, put on earth to destroy humanity & the reborn Christ...

old foes coming back again... death, destruction & bloody murder - its total chaos through and through! Deception at every corner, no one is as they seem!

When I was half way through this book Id decided on a rating of 3 stars, but bumped it up to 4 after finishing this book. Glad I hung in there, almost didn't want to when in the previous book S
Erika Baewer
Sometimes these books go on really long, complicated, philosophical tangents that I just cannot be bothered to follow along on. I noticed that I end up skim-reading pages at a time until they get back to the main story line.

The main story line. I say the term "story line" a bit tongue-in-cheek. A lot happened in this book; there was more action, more people, and, dare I say it(??), I think I even found it mildly entertaining.

Was still pretty rubbish, though.
Leeanna
The Last Vampire #5: Evil Thirst, by Christopher Pike

Back to her vampire self, in "Evil Thirst" Sita faces a difficult decision. She either has to destroy her daughter, Kalika, or give up a precious child, John, who may be the savior of the human race.

Kalika's actions in the previous novel, "Phantom," cast her as the avatar of an evil goddess, but as Sita ponders her daughter's behavior, she wonders if she can redeem her. Or is she wrong, and Kalika is right? It's a difficult situation for her,
Kristy Berridge
Well, it's a little unorthodox of me to review six books at once, and admittedly, I wouldn't normally do this because it's not fair to the plot, complexities of character, or the author's hard slog to create individuality within their story. But The Last Vampire series is relatively short, each book no more than about 180 pages in total, and they do follow on right where the last story left off, essentially making it one big novel that I've decided to measure as one.
The six books in question are
Johi
Evil Thirst has many of the things I like about the Last Vampire series: various demonstrations of Sita's powers, the improved version; fast-paced action; Seymour, even if he's not really helpful; and the usual flashbacks, not that I love them but I've come to expect them.

Unfortunately I think it gets weirder and weirder with the whole divine nature of the child, the introduction of the cult called the Setians and the reptilian alien race they belong to. Weird I can handle, I think. But what mak
Avel
Kudos! It is amazing how Mr.Pike expresses the magic and wonders of this mysterious universe, how the stars above relate closely to every human being, the powers of eternal love, wise people who know more than anyone else in the world, the unexplainable truths about Kalika - all these weird, mystical stuffs, I personally enjoy them very much. But I like the last few pages the best because it is written in such a way that it turns out very much like a movie scene. This entire episode is "progress ...more
Michelle
No more crazy demon hand. Oh noes.

In book 5 of The Last Vampire series, we have Sita/Alisa and newly-revived Seymour trying to track down Reincarnated Baby Krishna/Jesus/Adi Shankara, to keep him safe before her daughter Kalika finds him and uses him for unnamed purposes. All she knows is that a scholarly Dr. Seter, his adopted son James, and their organization have uncovered ancient Egyptian scripture from Suzama, somebody Sita knows to be a legit prophet because she knew her long ago, talking
PurplyCookie
The agony of fulfilling one's purpose without outside thought interfering with ones ego, is hard--most especially if it is your own daughter you're trying to kill in order to save humanity.

The conflict between mother and daughter is completely gripping: you learn to hate Kalika although at the same time you love her. The more you hate her the more you'll learn to love her. For the reason that she takes almost totally after her mother.

This addition to this series would've been quite exceptional
Kathy Horsman
This series has literally taken me down every dark path you can imagine and turned around at the end just to go someplace different.....and that's kind of amazing. It is really an astonishing thing to accomplish if I'm being honest, because you would think you'd either lose interest or have a story line that just didn't work. I haven't had to deal with either of those so far.

In this one Sita has to face the facts that her daughter is evil, and she may have to destroy her. I felt awful for her f
Maybelle Victor
The Last Vampire 5 - Evil Thirst opens with an overview, a sort of "previously" note which would help readers carry on with the story without having to re-read the previous books. But since I've written the past 4, I will proceed with the story.

Sita (or Alisa) knew that she had to destroy Kalika but she has a lot of doubts and questions, mostly about her faith and about her life - if you call vampire living a life. She wonders why Kalika said that knowing will cost her, who is Paula's child as i
Lucille
Alisa's child has turned into a blood-thirsty monster, despite her promises that she will not hurt people, especially the child that everyone seeks for so desperately. It is now Alisa's job to track down Kalika and try to stop her before she finds the powerful young child who could be the next incarnation of Krishna/Jesus (who, apparently, are the same person in this book, as well as one other important prophet whose name I can't remember). Alisa joins forces with a cult who found an ancient pro ...more
Yianna Yiannacou
See Thirst Book 2 Review
Caroline
I really enjoyed this series as a pre-teen/teen. Looking back, it was pretty cheesy in a whole lot of ways (but Christopher Pike, in general, is just like that), but I loved that the main character was not only kick-ass, but female.

I've been curious about the newest entries to the series, but not enough to risk going back and re-reading these and finding out they aren't nearly as good as myself from 15-ish years ago thought they were.
Rob
Aliens. Really? Was there need for Aliens in this already convoluted serialised tales? I mean I don’t mind the mixing of fantasy with science fiction when it feels natural, but this felt so out of place. Boo. The first book was such a great launch pad, I only wish he had saved some of his more obscure ideas about ancient aliens and ancient civilizations for a story that would have fit better with the material.
Jessica
Like the previous, several of the twists seem merely convenient, filler designed to get the book to its close and to lead into the following book in the series. Unlike the previous ones, there is a definitive sci-fi aspect that I've seen in some of his others. Sci-fi being my least favorite genre, I wasn't crazy about the turn. Only one more book, which, again, I only remember vague parts of, left in the series.
With Butterflies
Loaded this series on my Kindle as it was recommended to me because (don't you judge me) I like vampire books. I went ahead and read the whole series since I was on a 4 week vacation and only wanted to read fluff and fiction. Eh.

I liked the idea of the vampire being SO old, but I felt the writer was a wee bit lazy on some of the storytelling and explanations. Still, I finished all six.
Belinda
the whole series is very enjoyable for me and i have always liked how pike makes all religions be one.

i hated kalika in phantom with a passion so am happy there was an explanation for her actions but she should just have explained herself from the beginning, Gosh!

i have always liked going back to sita's past. it is usually interesting

i am always a sita fan and a seymour fan.
Paige
Wow, what a twist this book had! Alisa learns the lesson of a lifetime as she battles against time and her daughter in order to protect Paula's baby. Enlisting the help of Seymour, Dr. Seter and his son along with their belief group to help her destroy her evil daughter. But not everybody is who they say and when the truth comes out it maybe to late.
Carly
May 11, 2009 Carly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vampire lovers!
Shelves: 2009
I think what is so memorable about these books, the reason that after ten years, I wanted to read them again, is how flawed the main character, Sita, is. By reading her adventures, we know that she only seeks to do good, but, sometimes we do bad things in the name of good.

Here, Sita must ultimately lose everything she ever wanted. That's rough.
♥ Sarah ♥
I read this book in the volume: Thirst No 2. See my review for it here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/126495590.
Sica
If you read the previous books, you'd find this book a little weird.

I for one loved Sita and all her adventures, but this one seems a little too murky for me and I skipped to the last chapter - ish when she returns.

I love the ending and it makes you think of all the people you influence and such. Very lovely. Too bad it ended.
Jalynn
The lizard aliens were a bit much for me...not that I'm against lizard aliens, I just didn't see their relevance in this book...I'm finding this series more difficult to get through...but I will persevere...I've never stopped reading in the middle of a series and I don't intend to start now.Must.Get.Better.
Drucilla
Jan 04, 2012 Drucilla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: p
Again, there just seems to be so much going on that the story gets crowded. It also left me with a lot of questions that aren't answered in the next book. (view spoiler)
Kim Jackson
This book was not one of the best books of Christopher Pike.
I found it a little slow, and it took a very long time to reach its climax.
When it did it had gotten interesting, but to fall short rather quickly at the end.
But I hadn't realised that this book came in a series.
Still not one of his best.
Sakura Koneko
Aug 12, 2007 Sakura Koneko rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes vampires
Shelves: favorites
This book turns fairly religious, though not to the extent that it becomes unlikable.

Sita's daughter is very hard to figure out, because she's likable, but most of the time I ended up hating her character. In the end though she proved to be a lot better than I had thought originally.
Hyungbai Kim
I think this book is really interesting because there are some more characters are soming out the last vampires daughter and the God of son i didn't read the whole pages,but it seems really good book and interesting
Hiram Alexander
This series incorporates a lot of Sita's ancient foes into her modern life. It's becoming...repetitive? But all the while, the plot twists are always welcome and...twisting! Great job Mr. Pike!
Sharon Malcolm
The fifth in the series... prepare to have your belief well and truly suspended as aliens from outer space are suddenly introduced. I bought the reincarnations of Krishna and Kali.... but aliens?
Anasheh Satoorian
This was the best one yet, but there were still some parts that made me lose interest. Still having a difficult time grasping the idea of a vampire still trying to win the grace of God.
  • Soulmate (Night World, #6)
  • Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller, # 3)
19954
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
More about Christopher Pike...

The Last Vampire (6 books)
  • The Last Vampire (The Last Vampire, #1)
  • Black Blood (The Last Vampire, #2)
  • The Red Dice (The Last Vampire, #3)
  • Phantom (The Last Vampire, #4)
  • Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (Thirst, #2) Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn (Thirst, #3) Thirst No. 4: The Shadow of Death (Thirst, #4) Remember Me (Remember Me, #1)

“Truly it it not the tragedies that destroy us, but the memories of them.” 106 likes
“Nothing is as it seems. Black can appear white when the light is blinding but white loses all luster at the faintest sign of darkness.” 69 likes