Start by marking “The New Yorker Book of Teacher Cartoons” as Want to Read:
The New Yorker Book of Teacher Cartoons

The New Yorker Book of Teacher Cartoons

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  10 reviews
School is a mixture of joy, terror, work, excitement, boredom, anxiety, fun, and bedlam day after day, year after year. If this is true for students, it is exponentially true for teachers-those hearty souls who have taken on the education of the youth of the world.This wonderful collection of the best and funniest cartoons published over the last eighty years in "The New Y ...more
Published April 1st 2006 by Bloomberg Press

To ask other readers questions about The New Yorker Book of Teacher Cartoons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Yorker Book of Teacher Cartoons

Ms. Rose
Best birthday present eva :)
Ruel
2.5 stars.

Picture two dogs standing near their food bowls. Each bowl is filled with paper. One dog says to the other, "Oh no, not homework again."

Did you laugh out loud? Then, this book will be a five-star romp through the best teacher-related cartoons in the New Yorker's long and distinguished publishing history.

If, like me, you had a nice little chuckle, then this book will be a two- or three-star affair. While I enjoy reading the New Yorker on occasion, the cartoons always register a "meh" o
Gabriella Araujo
I loved it. The new Yorker is a great magazine with some of the best cartoons out there. As a teacher and a student I could relate to most of these situations.
Gali
Meh, at best. Some funny ones but quite a few were just "meh".
Nandakishore Varma
Mildly amusing. A quick read.
Meg - A Bookish Affair
I am not a teacher but I have a lot of friends and a couple family members who were or are teachers (bless them! I so do not have the patience to be a teacher). However, as someone who went to school, I found a lot to love about these cartoons. They are witty, funny, and timely, just as you would expect the New Yorker to be.
Nikki
Quick read. Very humorous. Mostly about middle school. Teachers and parents alike will doubtlessly enjoy and appreciate. I cracked up at just about every page, but was really hoping for some college cartoons.
Kim
Charming collection of cartoons featuring teachers and students. Personal favorite was of a teacher climbing out the window of her classroom illustrated by Booth.
Ariana
A wonderful gift from a wonderful new friend.
Catherine Woodman
Great collection from a classic source
Mounica Jonnalagadda
Mounica Jonnalagadda marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Ms. Weir
Ms. Weir marked it as to-read
Ms. Schneeman
Ms. Schneeman marked it as to-read
ABDO
ABDO added it
Chris
Chris added it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Complete Cartoons of The New Yorker The New Yorker Book of Literary Cartoons The Naked Cartoonist: A New Way to Enhance Your Creativity The New Yorker 75th Anniversary Cartoon Collection The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest Book