Start by marking “Alone In My King's Harem ” as Want to Read:
Alone In My King's Harem

Alone In My King's Harem

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  12 reviews
In the title story, a concubine falls head over heels for his king. But what happens when the king's ambitions blind him to that love? In another story, troubled circus acrobat Hibana finds comfort in the arms of another circus performer. But there's more twists to the story than Hibana's flips through the air. In the next story, a loving servant of a prince lets himself b ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Digital Manga Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Alone In My King's Harem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alone In My King's Harem

Sherry
I can't help it... I like it, damn. This manga is a collection of short fairy tales with the exception of the last one being contemporary. I think including this one was a bad choice because it kind of destroys the atmosphere of the manga.
The stories had some kind of charm that I find hard to describe, but that I quite enjoyed. They were melancholy but all (view spoiler).
The boys look rather girly but I simply adore Lily Hoshino's style so it doesn't bother
Cat
Lily Hoshino does some of the best work in BL manga I believe not because her artwork is perfect or her stories are complex and long but simply because she renders the emotion and theme/message of her stories together so well.

This is a collection of short stories with a common theme which seems to be somewhat fantasy/fairy tale like. Each story surrounds a separate pair who have different challenges to being together. The whimsical and fantastical places and backgrounds to these stories make it
Nicole Bunge
This collection is confusing as all heck. There are some manga that you just wonder "huh? was there something lost in translation or did they misprint the pages?" and at first, I thought that was what was going on here.
But no. It's just BAD WRITING.
It's like the author was selfish and desperate to get to the good part, she just skipped any linear story construction. The characters (especially the uke) aren't introduced, their motivations are taken for granted, and things just seem to happen rand
Sarah Hayes
I think the first time I read this collection, I was unduly harsh on it but after a few years, my attitude towards it has taken a complete turn-around. It's a wonderful collection of BL short stories with some rather gorgeous artwork and nice fluffy endings that will make any heart feel lighter. My favorite story is probably the title story with Hanabishi; it managed to break my heart and then mend it again in the span of so many pages. I'm so glad I gave this Hoshino collection another try!
Kadie D♥
A small collection of a few short strories. I liked the art but the stories were too short for me to like them. The genre says boyslove but I didn't really saw anything that made me think of it as yaoi. The ukes were exactly like girls unless a flatter chest and the other characters calling them him or he.
The manga is drawn quite pretty and I would like to read more stories from this artist but they will need to have a better plot and romance.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I liked this one. It's made up of a variety of stories ranging from fairytales to contemporary to fantasy. My only regret was that the stories seemed to end right when they were just getting very interesting. Still, I loved the art and I did enjoy the shorts.
Chibineko
I've had this book for a while and recently re-read it. I absolutely love this manga. Hoshino has a real flair for storytelling and artwork. I could literally read and re-read this manga until it's in tatters.
Anne Lee
Love the art and the ultra-feminine ukes, but the individual stories themselves are nothing to write home about. Still, a fun read, and worth picking up if you like the art style.
Kuronekko
MY ABSOLUTE FAV RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOW! Lily Hoshino i LUUUUV YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! (((-(>x<)-)))
Whispering_kage
I was a bit put off by how girly the ukes were but over all it was cute.
^_^,
Lia
Aug 01, 2007 Lia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: library
Mmm, pretty! Lyrical shorts with much beauty and imagination! I want more!
Smalvina
good but sad
Rigid
Rigid marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Kao
Kao added it
Jun 07, 2015
Fuchsia
Fuchsia marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Ashe Michaelis
Ashe Michaelis marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Michelle Megurine
Michelle Megurine marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
  • Passion, Volume 01
  • Innocent Bird, Volume 1
  • The Art of Loving
  • Love Mode Vol. 7 (Love Mode, #7)
  • Yellow, Volume 02
  • Boy Princess, Volume 3
  • Haru wo Daiteita - Embracing Love - Vol.05
  • Kissing
  • Loveholic 2
  • Only the Ring Finger Knows: The Lonely Ring Finger (Only the Ring Finger Knows, #1)
Mr. Flower Bride My Only King  Mr. Flower Groom Chocolate Surprise Love Quest