Start by marking “Alone In My King's Harem” as Want to Read:
Alone In My King's Harem

Alone In My King's Harem

In the title story, a concubine falls head over heels for his king. But what happens when the king's ambitions blind him to that love? In another story, troubled circus acrobat Hibana finds comfort in the arms of another circus performer. But there's more twists to the story than Hibana's flips through the air. In the next story, a loving servant of a prince lets himself b ...more
Published October 9th 2005 by Digital Manga Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Alone In My King's Harem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alone In My King's Harem

Cat
Oct 23, 2010 Cat rated it really liked it
Lily Hoshino does some of the best work in BL manga I believe not because her artwork is perfect or her stories are complex and long but simply because she renders the emotion and theme/message of her stories together so well.

This is a collection of short stories with a common theme which seems to be somewhat fantasy/fairy tale like. Each story surrounds a separate pair who have different challenges to being together. The whimsical and fantastical places and backgrounds to these stories make it
Nicole Bunge
Nov 27, 2011 Nicole Bunge rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-yaoi
This collection is confusing as all heck. There are some manga that you just wonder "huh? was there something lost in translation or did they misprint the pages?" and at first, I thought that was what was going on here.
But no. It's just BAD WRITING.
It's like the author was selfish and desperate to get to the good part, she just skipped any linear story construction. The characters (especially the uke) aren't introduced, their motivations are taken for granted, and things just seem to happen rand
Sherry
Oct 17, 2014 Sherry rated it really liked it
I can't help it... I like it, damn. This manga is a collection of short fairy tales with the exception of the last one being contemporary. I think including this one was a bad choice because it kind of destroys the atmosphere of the manga.
The stories had some kind of charm that I find hard to describe, but that I quite enjoyed. They were melancholy but all (view spoiler).
The boys look rather girly but I simply adore Lily Hoshino's style so it doesn't bother
KimberlyRose
Review originally published at Mangaupdates.com on July 23, 2008.

The art is intricate: It reminds me of the beautiful, flowing, detailed lines of the art nouveau style.

The stories are all touching. They are the kind of short stories that I read once, wonder about, read again and have a sudden realization that there are tears forming at the edge of my eyes. All of them where about the devotion and pure love of unique characters. They are all very magical and surreal. The remind me of a dreamlike
Kadie D♥
Mar 02, 2013 Kadie D♥ rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
A small collection of a few short strories. I liked the art but the stories were too short for me to like them. The genre says boyslove but I didn't really saw anything that made me think of it as yaoi. The ukes were exactly like girls unless a flatter chest and the other characters calling them him or he.
The manga is drawn quite pretty and I would like to read more stories from this artist but they will need to have a better plot and romance.
Sarah Hayes
Sep 03, 2011 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
I think the first time I read this collection, I was unduly harsh on it but after a few years, my attitude towards it has taken a complete turn-around. It's a wonderful collection of BL short stories with some rather gorgeous artwork and nice fluffy endings that will make any heart feel lighter. My favorite story is probably the title story with Hanabishi; it managed to break my heart and then mend it again in the span of so many pages. I'm so glad I gave this Hoshino collection another try!
Chibineko
Aug 24, 2011 Chibineko rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, yaoi
I've had this book for a while and recently re-read it. I absolutely love this manga. Hoshino has a real flair for storytelling and artwork. I could literally read and re-read this manga until it's in tatters.
Monika
Krásná kresba, milé příběhy, ani nemuseli být jaoi, aby se mi líbili... popravdě jsem zpočátku podle obálky myslela, že čtu šódžo a jsem si docela jistá, že někteří si to uvědomí až u posledních dvou příběhů.
Raven
I was hoping after 3 years my opinion on this manga would have changed. Umm.. nope still don't like it. It's just my personal opinion but I like a story not just a couple of one shots shoved into book format.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I liked this one. It's made up of a variety of stories ranging from fairytales to contemporary to fantasy. My only regret was that the stories seemed to end right when they were just getting very interesting. Still, I loved the art and I did enjoy the shorts.
Lia
Aug 01, 2007 Lia rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Mmm, pretty! Lyrical shorts with much beauty and imagination! I want more!
maha
Apr 08, 2016 maha rated it liked it
20160408
Smalvina
Dec 23, 2010 Smalvina rated it really liked it
good but sad
Kuronekko
May 27, 2008 Kuronekko rated it it was amazing
MY ABSOLUTE FAV RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOW! Lily Hoshino i LUUUUV YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! (((-(>x<)-)))
Whispering_kage
Jan 09, 2011 Whispering_kage rated it it was ok
I was a bit put off by how girly the ukes were but over all it was cute.
^_^,
Anne Lee
Apr 09, 2012 Anne Lee rated it liked it
Love the art and the ultra-feminine ukes, but the individual stories themselves are nothing to write home about. Still, a fun read, and worth picking up if you like the art style.
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Tarantel
Tarantel rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Lynne'
Lynne' rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Jillian
Jillian rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2009
Charon
Charon rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2012
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Sharmaine Peterson
Sharmaine Peterson rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2010
Omega696
Omega696 rated it liked it
May 10, 2013
Leah Kunz
Leah Kunz rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
Caitlin Ryan
Caitlin Ryan rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
  • Boy Princess, Volume 1
Given name: リリイ
Family name: 星野
Name (in native language): 星野リリィ

Associated names: むしば; harenti-cinema; HOSHINO Ririi; LILY & CLALA; Mushiba (むしば); Twinge

Doujinshi Circle: harenti-cinema (also has another circle called "Twinge")

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Blood Type: A

- uses the pseudonym Mushiba (むしば) for doujin works.
- Also does illustrations for yuri magazines.
- Friends with MITO Izumi.
- Also does sein
More about Lily Hoshino...