Start by marking “Financial Literacy for Teens” as Want to Read:
Financial Literacy for Teens

Financial Literacy for Teens

2.9 of 5 stars 2.90  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published October 28th 2004 by Rising Books (first published October 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Financial Literacy for Teens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Financial Literacy for Teens

Mitzi Moore
Common sense, in 12-pt font. Some teens might find this book helpful. I received much of this advice (buy insurance, spend less than you earn, save for retirement, buy used cars, etc.) from one workshop upon college graduation, when my school offered "Disorientation" classes.

My copy of this book is autographed, as the author was the keynote speaker at a training today. He is a fabulous speaker--very inspiring.
Scott Whitney
A good listing of ideas designed to get teenagers started on the road of life. Some things are a little basic, others are right on the money, so to speak. The ideas in this book will help people start thinking about money in the right way to get a good start. There is a lot of uncommon sense in this book.
Kate
I had to read this book for a financial literacy class, and I found it very helpful. I liked how it was set up. There was enough humor to keep me interested in a boring topic. I would recamend this to any teenager who wants to know more about how to handle their money smartly.
Michelle
This is a quick read, but sometimes it feels like it was intended for nine year olds rather than teens. VERY informal and chatty type writing. Some of the information is really good (if basic) but some is pretty sketchy. I liked when he used personal examples.
Julie
Oct 22, 2008 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Teenagers
Recommended to Julie by: Chad Foster
Shelves: all-time-favs
Another great and useful book by Chad Foster. With a poor economy, this book would be especially helpful to the teenagers our lives! Contains practical tips and tools for becoming financially successful as a teenager.
Kathleen
I read this book for my Financial Lit. class. The humor and the stories in this were great! I would recommend this to anyone who wants to know how to handle money smartly. I liked it.
Ahlexea
Ahlexea marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Cassie
Cassie added it
Oct 08, 2014
Raed
Raed added it
May 17, 2014
Richa Kochhal
Richa Kochhal marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Dania
Dania marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Mar 09, 2014
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Jarrad Ellis
Jarrad Ellis marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Widada
Widada added it
Dec 25, 2013
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Cameron
Cameron marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Kj
Kj marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Aneri
Aneri marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2012
Naughty Bedtime Stories: Erotic Fairy Tales Anthology Dirty Business: Office Sex Stories