Start by marking “Holly the Christmas Fairy” as Want to Read:
Holly the Christmas Fairy

Holly the Christmas Fairy (Rainbow Magic)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,349 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
No more Christmas?

There's trouble in Fairyland again! Jack Frost is up to his old tricks. This time, he has stolen Santa's sleigh. There were three special gifts onboard. Without them, Christmas could be ruined!

Will this holly jolly holiday be changed forever? Or can Rachel and Kirsty save the day, with a little help from Holly the Christmas Fairy?
Paperback
Published (first published December 1st 2004)

Ruby the Red Fairy by Daisy MeadowsAmber The Orange Fairy by Daisy MeadowsSunny The Yellow Fairy by Daisy MeadowsFern The Green Fairy by Daisy MeadowsSky The Blue Fairy by Daisy Meadows
Rainbow Magic
12th out of 100 books — 2 voters
The Legacy by Suzanne de MontignyNatasha's Dream by Heather GreenisCat Land by Keith  NicholsSpellbound in His Arms by Angel SeferIf I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor by Barbara Ehrentreu
Christmas Stocking Stuffers
178th out of 355 books — 414 voters

More lists with this book...

(9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis
Feb 10, 2013 (9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I loved this as a child. Yes I know I am a boy and this should appeal to girls only, but fairies (kind and beautiful on the outside, dark on the inside) always fascinated me. I was a strange kid.
Imo
Nov 13, 2011 Imo rated it it was ok
Mmmm not sure. I will always love the christmas spirit but these books could be better.
Lizzie
Jul 08, 2012 Lizzie rated it really liked it
Christmas time magic
Maggie
Sep 15, 2008 Maggie rated it really liked it
When they found out that Jack Frost had taken Santa's sleigh and 3 special presents (because he had been so naughty that Santa wasn't giving him any presents this year), I was curious to see if the girls and Holly were going to get them back. When they found the first present and Rachel's dog led them to the goblins who had it, they tricked them into thinking that there were cookies by sprinkling fairy dust on the top layer of the barn. Then they got the present and Holly sent it back to the kin ...more
Shiori Nishioka
Jul 22, 2013 Shiori Nishioka rated it really liked it
Holly the Christmas Fairy
SCHOLASTIC INC.
Time: 60 min
7 word summary: two girls Christmas fairy magic goblin help
Discussion Question
Do you believe that fairy exist?
-I don't believe that fairy exist but it will be fun if they really exist!:)

I like the book so far. It's good story and the pictures are cute too!
I hope it will end happily!:)

July 15 Page 64~106
Time: 60 min
7 word summary: girls help fairy find three presents crown
Discussion Question:
Do you help people?
-I think I help people if someone
Kanna Shiota
May 27, 2013 Kanna Shiota rated it really liked it
12/18 72min
Kirsty Rachel Christmas fairy presents goblins back
Tow girls decorated their Christmas tree. Do you always display Christmas tree on the Christmas Day? Or what do you do the day?
I always display a small Christmas tree. And I always spend the day with my friends.

Tow goblins scrambled for a present. They both didn't hand over that. Have you ever experienced such a situation?
Yes. When I was child, I always scrambled for something with my older sister. :-p
Beth
Dec 24, 2007 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, youth, series, faries
I read this one to my daughter and particularly liked it since they dealt with Jack Frost directly rather than just goblins. Also I started reading it three days before Christmas, exactly the same time as the book so I only read the part for that day and read the next two sections over the following two days.
Anna
Feb 01, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-by-myself
Jack Frost stole Santa's Sleigh! He also stole three special gifts. Its up to Kirsty, Rachel and Holly to get them back by Christmas. But thats three days away!
Chloe
Jul 09, 2014 Chloe added it
I was happy that they found the sleigh for Santa and the cool thing is that Santa let them ride in his sleigh.
Hjc
Jul 03, 2014 Hjc rated it it was amazing
I was happy that they found the sleigh for Santa and the cool thing is that Santa said they could ride in his sleigh.
Rosa Cline
Jan 10, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, christmas
This is a chapter book but has a picture on each page which was nice in my case since I read it outloud to my special needs teenage son. He enjoyed looking at the pictures while I read the story to him. Although it's a 'fairy' book and the main characters are two girls...this had Jack Frost and his goblins in it. So it wasn't 'pure girley' storybook. Christmas is saved by the two girls and their fairy friend Holly. Jack Frost stole Santa's sled and his reindeer; they have to be caught and return ...more
Mischa
It was amazing!!!!!
Irene
Mar 18, 2013 Irene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
What can I say? Another Rainbow Magic book that fits the Special Edition profile, as expected.

This time, Rachel and Kirsty must help Holly the Christmas Fairy find Santa's sleigh, which Jack Frost has stolen. There are three special presents in particular that need to be retrieved. The book is divided into three 5-chapter parts, and one present is found in each part. As an added bonus activity, hidden throughout the book are nine letters which, when unscrambled, spell out a Christmas-related wo
Michaela Zavala
Sep 03, 2013 Michaela Zavala rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book for readers who are just getting confident with their reading skills. This book is mainly targeted towards young girls and would be difficult for a young boy to be interested in. It uses a wide range of vocabulary but nothing that is too extreme for early readers. It also has a fun holiday theme which would make this book a great present around the holidays. This book is seemingly very engaging because it has different new exciting presents that the girls get to discover ...more
lola Franco
Dec 12, 2014 lola Franco rated it did not like it
Shelves: children
it is only the fact that these books are getting my daughter interested in reading that prevents me from poking my eyes out while reading them. oh my god they are so badly written. oh, well. on to the next fairy series... the jewel weather fairies.
Courtney
Mar 09, 2014 Courtney rated it it was amazing
So I read this book when I was younger I remember loving fairies and these books were honestly my favourite I've gave then all to my cousin and she loves them to I would recommend as a present for a younger family member
Sammy C
Some books are good ,some books are bad. but I find comfort in every book I read. I am a girl who is very attached to books, so when it comes to books you usaly can't tug me out of 1 for hours at a time!
Holly
Aug 17, 2015 Holly added it
I only ever read this because I'm called Holly and I was born around Christmas. Needless to say, 6 year old Holly very much enjoyed this.
Manogyana T
Feb 21, 2016 Manogyana T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is an awesome book..I suggest every person who love adventure,magic and fairy tales should read this book..
Natasha
Dec 03, 2014 Natasha rated it liked it
R
Yokoi Yumi
1. Holly the Christmas

2.I spend 90minutes onthis book.

3. fairy christmas girls need decoration present get

4. If you were a special person likefairy, what magic would you want to use?
I would want to use a magic which I could fly the sky because since my childhood I have wanted to fly through the sky like birds.

5. This book was easy to read. Sometimes for me I was unlikely to imgine the situation but there were some pictures so I enjoyed reading this book.
$hanel
Mar 18, 2010 $hanel rated it it was amazing
Rachel and Kirsty are back and are on christmas break this time! Now the two girls are hanging out over break and are hoping to get another fairy adventure! While on break Rachel and Kirsty find out that Jack Frost is causing trouble again and this time he has stolen 3 presents from Santa`s sleigh. When Rachel and Kirsty meet Holly the Christmas fairy they decide to help Holly get back all 3 presents. I read this book when I was in fourth grade too.
Priya Appleby
Aug 27, 2013 Priya Appleby rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood-books
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
Jennah
Dec 06, 2012 Jennah rated it liked it
It was ok, not really all that imaginative but my daughter loved it. There are some kids books that I really enjoy reading to her, this was not one of them. Since she enjoyed this book so much I'm sure we will be reading more of this series.

Kirsty and Rachel are tasked with saving Christmas by capturing Jack Frost, and returning Santa's stolen sleigh and Christmas presents, with the help of Holly the Christmas fairy.
Apr 01, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Three stories in one!
Hollt the Christmas Fairy is all in a flutter, putting the sparkle into Christmas. Now Jack Frost has stolen Santa's Sleigh. The Queen of the Fairies need Kirsty and Rachel to help Holly get it back.

This is an amazing Christmas time book for little girls as it get their spirits alive with festive fun and gets them wondering if they can find any Fairies.
Riho Uto
SCHOLASTIC
9/26=10min 9/27=30min 9/29=27min
girls-help-fairy-from-goblins-happy-Christmas
Q.What was the best Christmas present?
A. My best Christmas present was video game. I have two brothers, so I wanted to play video game with them. But I have never won.

This book is cute, but story is so-so. This book is little bit easy for me. I am going to read more difficult book.
Ley (sounds like "Lee") *my head is a jungle*
When I was younger, I was a big fan of the Rainbow Magic Fairies series. But now, looking back, I think this book was better than that series because it's a little longer than the books in the series. This is a stand-alone special edition book for Christmas. It's pretty cute and it is probably one of the best by this author.
Abbie
Feb 16, 2010 Abbie rated it it was amazing
In this book, I liked how Jack Frost stole Santa's sleigh and reindeer. So Holly and the girls had to find them. I liked how there were 3 very special presents and at the end it tells you that the three special presents were for Kirsty, Rachel and Holly (the ones who found them).
Reagan
Aug 21, 2014 Reagan rated it really liked it
Jack frost had stole Holly's three special Christmas presents so Rachel and Kristy had to help her.
Will they find all three of the magical Christmas presents in time? Will they have a fun Christmas or will it just turn out to be a disaster?
  • The Last Fairy-Apple Tree (Fairy Realm, #4)
  • The Magic Spell (My Secret Unicorn, #1)
  • Classroom Chaos (Magic Kitten, #2)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Fairy Dreams
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • A Katie Kazoo Christmas (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, Super Super Special)
  • The Soccer Shoe Clue (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #5)
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Magic (1 - 10 of 207 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)