Start by marking “Die Rose Von Lancaster: Roman” as Want to Read:
Die Rose Von Lancaster: Roman

Die Rose Von Lancaster: Roman

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Wie fühlt es sich an, in einer anderen Welt zu leben? Lydde kennt dieses Gefühl nur zu gut. Durch eine Felsspalte ist sie ins 17. Jahrhundert gestürzt und hat dort den geheimnisvollen Noah Fallam kennen und lieben gelernt. Aus Liebe bleibt sie bei ihm, doch schon bald kommen ihr Zweifel. Mit ihrer selbstsicheren und unabhängigen Art ist sie den Puritanern ein Dorn im Auge. ...more
461 pages
Published 2006 by Knaur (first published March 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Die Rose Von Lancaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Rose Von Lancaster

Shari Chantal
Aug 29, 2012 Shari Chantal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great great story! I'm just wondering - what did Unkle John find in Noah's remains in the end after returning into the present, next to the celtic cross necklace as he says "Oh God, Noah" and prays? Was it the knife he received from John in case Noah and Lydde would have been captured to commit suicide? Does it mean Noah killed himself? But why? And why did he return to the wormhole - without Lydde? Did she die? I'm so confused. Damn I so wish there was a sequel...
Sep 26, 2009 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had an interesting story, but it was not really well-written (which is strange for Denise Giardina). But it ended with a cliff-hanger and, apparently, there will not be a sequel. I would really like an answer to the cliff-hanger question; I know how he knew who, but I'd like to know why!
Karin Bartimole
Mar 08, 2010 Karin Bartimole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part time travel, part historic novel, all adventure! From the mountains of West Virginia to puritanical 1650's England, time and reality are bent, but human strengths and flaws remain universal. I couldn't put this book down!
Emily
Jul 17, 2015 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as impressive as Giardina's other works, but I enjoyed reading a different genre. I also liked how she played with some traditional story elements. An interesting read.
Celestina
one of my favorite books of all time. Borrowed it from the library several times and loved it each time i read it.
Sep 24, 2007 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alreadyread
Although interesting in its concept, the book can get preachy at times and is not one of Giardina's best efforts.
Irinel Finco
Irinel Finco marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Kerry Phillips
Kerry Phillips marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Hollie
Hollie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Elsa María
Elsa María marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Alexandra Hielscher
Alexandra Hielscher rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Amanda Beck
Amanda Beck marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Eleanor
Eleanor marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Marina Graber
Marina Graber rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2015
Kenzie Adix
Kenzie Adix rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2015
Marina
Marina rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Rammsteiner85
Rammsteiner85 rated it liked it
May 10, 2015
Sarah Harrison
Sarah Harrison rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Often labelled an Appalachian writer, or a historical novelist, Denise Giardina describes herself as a theological writer, exploring fundamental issues of faith and belief through literary characters.

Born and raised in the West Virginia coalfields, Giardina is an ordained Episcopal Church deacon, a community activist and a former candidate for the WV state governorship.

Her novels, fictionalizing h
More about Denise Giardina...