Start by marking “Amelia Bedelia for Mayor” as Want to Read:
Amelia Bedelia for Mayor

Amelia Bedelia for Mayor (I Can Read Book, Level 2)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,194 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
For use in schools and libraries only. A series of misunderstandings leads the literal-minded Amelia Bedelia to run for mayor.
Published June 1st 2001 by Turtleback Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Amelia Bedelia for Mayor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amelia Bedelia for Mayor

Rhonda Lee
Dec 03, 2014 Rhonda Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always loved reading the Amelia Bedelia series as I was growing up, it has been my favorite! Amelia Bedelia has become a big hero and influence to many people in this story as she runs for mayor. At first Amelia is baking and frosting cakes and next thing you know she is running for mayor. She gets so much positive comments as other people in her community are with her all the way. In this election Amelia is very humorous and does her best to get the people's votes. This is a very good po ...more
Krysta
Dec 15, 2009 Krysta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember that I loved reading Amelia Badelia books when I was younger, and I realized that I still do! This book story acknowledges Amelia's precise obedience in everything she does and so they all encourage her to be a mayor, and in turn she teaches the Mayor how to keep his promises. This book can be used in class to teach how one person can influence a person in power.
Kapra McMichael
Apr 12, 2011 Kapra McMichael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
Amelia Bedelia takes everything so literally. This leads to Amelia running for Mayor. This book is an entertaining book for kids.
Merissa Leonard
Apr 25, 2016 Merissa Leonard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beginners-books
This is a perfect book for young readers who are looking for an entertaining read and like humor to be involved in the books they read. Amelia Bedelia just has a reputation for doing things exactly how they are told. When Mr. Rogers tells her she should run for the Mayor’s office, she literally runs to the Mayor’s office. It is a great book to show people that sometimes things can be taken in the wrong way or can be taken too literal. The illustrations throughout this book are very detailed and ...more
Matt Anderson
This is my first Amelia Bedelia book. My wife told me that she enjoys the character, but didn't like this particular book that much.

Apparently Amelia Bedelia takes everything literally, and then nonsense ensues.

I could see this book having the ability to teach kids about different phrases and metaphors.
Kimberly Plyler
Feb 25, 2014 Kimberly Plyler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These Amelia Bedelia books are very funny. She's a maid who takes everything literally and it always leads to mischief and hilarious situations. In this book she runs for mayor because she always does exactly what she is told. It leads to funny situations.
Melissa McLees
Feb 11, 2014 Melissa McLees rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amelia does what she says she will do, and does what others tell her to do in her own way. At least she sticks by her word. She also helped the mayor realise a lesson to. Lesson I learned is becareful what you say. and do what you say you will do.
Irina
Feb 12, 2016 Irina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Amelia Bedelia books, especially when teaching students about figurative language. This book is full of idioms and the students love to find the idioms and then talk about what it really means and what Amelia Bedelia thought it meant. We also draw pictures of some of the idioms in the book.
Karen
Jan 25, 2016 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do like Amelia Bedelia stories, but, while still mildly amusing, this particular book was not one of the better ones.
Kyra Boettcher
Jun 04, 2015 Kyra Boettcher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OH NO! MORE KASOS! Amelia does a lot of crazy stuff happens in this book. The book was great and really funny.
Mattathias Westwood
This is my favorite Amelia Bedelia adventure. Mr. Rogers is complaining that the mayor doesn't do what he says he'll do. Then Amelia Bedelia, who always does exactly what she says she will, comes in with two chocolate cakes in frying pans. Soon, Amelia Bedelia is running for the mayor's office. The usually wordplay is combined with some tongue-in-cheek jabs at our political system, and could raise some real questions about what we really expect from politics.
Miri
Oct 28, 2014 Miri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Amelia Bedelia runs for mayor, literally. Amelia Bedelia's confusion over phrases causes her trouble yet again, from "casting" votes to sitting "on the fence". One thing is for sure, if Amelia Bedelia is involved there's going to be trouble.
Dolly
Oct 05, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2010
Amelia Bedelia's stories are classic and fun. Our girls enjoy them, laughing at how literally Amelia takes everything. In this story, Amelia ventures into politics, and I'm sure she'd be as good of a public servant as any we have, if not much, much better. This book came with an audio cassette and our girls enjoyed listening to it a few times.
Gala
Jan 17, 2012 Gala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: silly-books, politics
Amelia Bedelia books are for children who have some understanding of the jokes. Fifth graders may enjoy reading this fun and silly book.This one about Amelia 4 Mayor can teach politics and new word meanings. Voters sitting on the fence is an example of an undecided voter but Amelia was thinking people were sitting on a real fence.
Haley
Dec 04, 2013 Haley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-4050
I had never read an Amelia Bedelia book I had just heard about them. But as I picked this book up it only took me about an hour to read it. It is a very short book and hilarous. I believe children would love to read this book to find out what silly thing Amelia Bedelia is going to say next.
Benjamin Elliott
Not much to the story, but I admire all of the idioms they've managed to squeeze into all of these books.
Wooden Horse
I Can Read! Level 2 Reading with Help

Amelia Bedelia once again misunderstands what Mr. and Mrs. Rogers are talking about and inadvertently runs for town mayor. She also inadvertently bows out of the race by stories end.
Fred
Jan 16, 2013 Fred rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
I still Amelia Bedelia. It's my kind of Humor! In this you have that classic Amelia humor combined with my favorite subject politics! How can you lose?
Emkoshka
Should be required reading for all current and aspiring politicians. Amelia Bedelia does what she is told and knows how to keep a promise. Amen.
Samantha
Amelia Bedelia definitely knows how to keep a promise and make a difference! =)
Olivia
Oct 13, 2008 Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think Amelia is a good person for mayor.
Steph
Jan 08, 2012 Steph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Cute story!!Loved it.
Roy
A nonsence book .
Taleechia
Taleechia marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Vickie Simpson
Vickie Simpson rated it really liked it
Summer Mason-Fitzhugh
Summer Mason-Fitzhugh marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Tara Inman
Tara Inman rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
  • Amelia Bedelia Treasury
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • Madeline In America And Other Holiday Tales
  • Uncle Elephant
  • Fancy Nancy: The Show Must Go On
  • Arthur's Reading Race
  • Dolphins! (Step into Reading, Step 3)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium
  • Biscuit Wants to Play
Herman Parish is the author of Amelia Bedelia children's book series, nephew of original author, Peggy Parish. Having grown up with his aunt’s tales of Amelia’s humorous misadventures, Herman decided to carry on the legacy after his aunt’s death in 1988. He did not wish to entrust the future of the series into the hands of a children’s author outside of the family. Since Peggy had the summers off ...more
More about Herman Parish...