Blood Tears

Blood Tears

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When a foreign child is abandoned by her family in Isolann's wolf-ridden forests, she is taken to live under Azrar's protection as his ward. The strange ability that the girl possesses, a power that so terrified her own people, could be the only hope for Prince Azrar's survival.
Published November 1st 2006 by Bookforce UK Ltd (first published September 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Tears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Tears

CaliGirlRae
Wow. I really enjoyed reading this book. It is very rich in scenery, language, world-building and characters. It kind of reminded me of Vampires of the Scarlet Order in that it deals with a group of vampires throughout the centuries but there in lies the only similarity. Sort of Anne Rice's vampire world-building with the language of Gabaldon's Outlander presenting a new addition to classic gothic literature. I mention this because I love books of this kind that takes vampire lore and creates a...more
Cheryl Landmark
Wow, this was a fascinating read! Ms. Dane created a rich, vivid, mesmerizing world filled with historical events, terrifying vampires, war, uneasy alliances, betrayal, loyalty, love and violence.

The descriptions were strong and compelling and, although there was a large cast of characters, most were well-fleshed out and likeable...even the Dark Kind, who were definitely not human and possessed their own unique traits that often conflicted with those of the humans around them. Ms. Dane did an ex...more
jD
I am thinking of adding a "WOW" shelf just for this book. Raven Dane's Blood Tears was such an unexpected surprise. It is becoming rare to find a piece of fiction that is so well conceived, intelligent, and genuine. This is a lengthy journey into the world of a-moral vampires that have existed since before time, nearly. This is not a romance novel, at least not to me. It is science fiction and suspense at it's very best. We are introduced to a vampire caste system, which is not new, but Ms. Dane...more
Jane
It was an enjoyable story and on an epic scale. There is a large cast of characters which at some times I felt were a bit hard to keep on track with.

One thing I found difficult was that the characters were not easy to relate to. They seemed to be somewhat distant to me as a reader and I like a bit more of a emotional connection to characters. That said the Raven Dane goes to some length to explain that the vampires in this world are very definitely not human and never were.

I really enjoyed the d...more
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
GCB-LovesGoodBooks
GCB-LovesGoodBooks marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Richard Lanson
Richard Lanson marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Carol Rayner
Carol Rayner marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Likert
Likert is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2013
Tish
Tish marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Rainbow Blight
Rainbow Blight marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2013
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Thea
Thea marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
C. Ellis
C. Ellis marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Carrie
Carrie added it
Jan 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Raven Dane is an award-winning author of steampunk, dark fantasy, alternative history and horror fiction. Her first novels were in the critically acclaimed Legacy of the Dark Kind series;
Blood Tears, Blood Lament, Blood Alliance. These are dark fantasy/alternative history/SF novels about a non human race of vampires who most definitely do not sparkle!

In 2009, Endaxi Press launched The Unwise Woman...more
More about Raven Dane...
Cyrus Darian And The Technomicron The Unwise Woman of Fuggis Mire Legacy of the Dark Kind: Blood Lament (Book 2) Absinthe and Arsenic Blood Alliance