Start by marking “Blood Tears” as Want to Read:
Blood Tears

Blood Tears

When a foreign child is abandoned by her family in Isolann's wolf-ridden forests, she is taken to live under Azrar's protection as his ward. The strange ability that the girl possesses, a power that so terrified her own people, could be the only hope for Prince Azrar's survival.
Published November 1st 2006 by Bookforce UK Ltd (first published September 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Tears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Tears

CaliGirlRae
Wow. I really enjoyed reading this book. It is very rich in scenery, language, world-building and characters. It kind of reminded me of Vampires of the Scarlet Order in that it deals with a group of vampires throughout the centuries but there in lies the only similarity. Sort of Anne Rice's vampire world-building with the language of Gabaldon's Outlander presenting a new addition to classic gothic literature. I mention this because I love books of this kind that takes vampire lore and creates a ...more
Cheryl Landmark
Apr 12, 2011 Cheryl Landmark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this was a fascinating read! Ms. Dane created a rich, vivid, mesmerizing world filled with historical events, terrifying vampires, war, uneasy alliances, betrayal, loyalty, love and violence.

The descriptions were strong and compelling and, although there was a large cast of characters, most were well-fleshed out and likeable...even the Dark Kind, who were definitely not human and possessed their own unique traits that often conflicted with those of the humans around them. Ms. Dane did an ex
jD
I am thinking of adding a "WOW" shelf just for this book. Raven Dane's Blood Tears was such an unexpected surprise. It is becoming rare to find a piece of fiction that is so well conceived, intelligent, and genuine. This is a lengthy journey into the world of a-moral vampires that have existed since before time, nearly. This is not a romance novel, at least not to me. It is science fiction and suspense at it's very best. We are introduced to a vampire caste system, which is not new, but Ms. Dane ...more
Jane
Feb 05, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
It was an enjoyable story and on an epic scale. There is a large cast of characters which at some times I felt were a bit hard to keep on track with.

One thing I found difficult was that the characters were not easy to relate to. They seemed to be somewhat distant to me as a reader and I like a bit more of a emotional connection to characters. That said the Raven Dane goes to some length to explain that the vampires in this world are very definitely not human and never were.

I really enjoyed the d
Kristian Yasko
Kristian Yasko rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2017
Xyphani
Xyphani rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Michele Brenton
Michele Brenton rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2012
Straylights
Straylights rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2010
Diana Connors
Diana Connors rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2009
Sritama Sett
Sritama Sett rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2009
Evangaline Parsons
Evangaline Parsons rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Cath
Cath rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2014
Letoya
Letoya rated it liked it
May 21, 2012
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2015
Grace Campagnola
Grace Campagnola rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2010
James Rutherford
James Rutherford rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2013
Earl
Earl rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2010
Jane E
Jane E rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Rose Collins
Rose Collins rated it did not like it
Jun 28, 2015
Adam Morris
Adam Morris rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Kallie
Kallie rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2017
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2015
Milka
Milka rated it liked it
May 08, 2016
Strider Jones
Strider Jones rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2012
Eliesa Davis
Eliesa Davis rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2015
Joanne Sexton
Joanne Sexton rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2011
David Kempf
David Kempf rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
  • Dracula the Undead
  • Descent into Dust (Emma Andrews #1)
  • That Which Bites (Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy, #1)
  • Staked (Time Brokers, #1)
  • A Kiss of Ashen Twilight (Ashen Twilight #1)
  • The Brotherhood (Blood Moon, #2)
  • Royal Blood
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • The Tale Of The Vampire Bride (Vampire Bride, #1)
  • Keeper of the King (Ethical Vampires #1)
  • Eternal Vigilance (Eternal Vigilance #1)
  • Scent of a Vampire (The Evolved, #1)
  • Dancing in the Dark
  • Red Death (Jonathan Barrett, Gentleman Vampire, #1)
  • The Nasty Vamp
  • Night's Rose (Night's Rose #1)
  • Of Saints and Shadows (Shadow Saga #1)
Raven Dane is an award-winning author of steampunk, dark fantasy, alternative history and horror fiction. Her first novels were in the critically acclaimed Legacy of the Dark Kind series;
Blood Tears, Blood Lament, Blood Alliance. These are dark fantasy/alternative history/SF novels about a non human race of vampires who most definitely do not sparkle!

In 2009, Endaxi Press launched The Unwise Woman