Start by marking “The Uncommon Wisdom of Oprah Winfrey: A Portrait in Her Own Words” as Want to Read:
The Uncommon Wisdom of Oprah Winfrey: A Portrait in Her Own Words

The Uncommon Wisdom of Oprah Winfrey: A Portrait in Her Own Words

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
For the first time The Uncommon Wisdom of Oprah Winfrey tells the incredibly moving story of America's most beloved star in her own words. She evokes her impoverished childhood in the Deep South, her heralded rise as America's most successful talk show host, her experience as a movie actress and Academy Award nominee, and her life as a single, enormously wealthy black woma ...more
Published June 1st 2000 by Citadel (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Uncommon Wisdom of Oprah Winfrey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Uncommon Wisdom of Oprah Winfrey

Marissa
Howdo i read this book on my iphone
Valerie
omg oprah had a very trajic life. i am currently at the part of the book where she talks about how she was molested and raped by her favorite uncle while her nine-teen year old cousin was baby sitting her!!!!!! very crazy she is a very strong women and i certainlly give her props for telling the whole world her own story. :}
Amber
I learned a lot about Oprah Winfrey I'm not a huge fan of Oprah's show I think she goes a wonderful job. And does a lot of stuff for people in need. I might read others books about her, but this book was given to me from my mom she is a huge fan.
Natalie
This is more a book of quotes than anything, but I read it like a book anyway. My favorite Oprah quote is, "If it's on your ass, it's not an assett!"
Alex
The quotes in the book are somewhat uncommon, but the wisdom is not. Oprah has good qualities but she is not as wise as people make her out to be.
Love
Think this one was very odd..I picked it up thinking it would be a story about her..NOT true just a bunch of quotes she has said. BORING
Miha Miha
Miha Miha marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Chelsea Radojcic
Chelsea Radojcic marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Sametra Dewitt
Sametra Dewitt marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Zanele Madadasana
Zanele Madadasana marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Elior
Elior marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Imad Dahmani
Imad Dahmani marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Asa Don Brown
Asa Don Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Neelam
Neelam marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Orsolya Kovari
Orsolya Kovari marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Akhaure Oje
Akhaure Oje marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Mohamed Qureysh
Mohamed Qureysh marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
jumana !
jumana ! marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Rim Rammal
Rim Rammal marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Sammy
Sammy marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Eleanor
Eleanor marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Ravi Norian
Ravi Norian marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Laudane Martin
Laudane Martin marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Thea Crowe
Thea Crowe marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Sumaiya Sayed
Sumaiya Sayed marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
As the visionary and leader behind OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network and formerly the supervising producer and host of the top-rated, award-winning “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Oprah has entertained and inspired millions of viewers to live their best lives. Her accomplishments as a global media leader and philanthropist have established her as one of the most respected and admired public figures today.
More about Oprah Winfrey...
What I Know For Sure The Best of Oprah's What I Know For Sure Journey to Beloved Oprah O The Oprah Magazine, October 2010 (Volume 11)

“As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around.” 148 likes
“My idea is to give hope, because where there is no hope, there is no vision, and where there is no vision, people will perish.” 49 likes