Start by marking “More Than Money: Questions Every MBA Needs to Answer” as Want to Read:
More Than Money: Questions Every MBA Needs to Answer

More Than Money: Questions Every MBA Needs to Answer

Can MBAs, often cast as risk-averse conflicted achievers caught in the MBA trap of "I'll make money now and then...," find their true happiness and achieve their destiny in the midst of societal and peer pressures? Absolutely--if you recognize that what you thought were your safest career choices actually may be your riskiest. How so? Your safest choices keep you on your d ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Money

Greg
Albion, as part of his life's work, has provided readers with a much needed reminder that money can never be an end goal, but only a means to an end. The purpose and use of money is a far more important thing to work toward, and serious contemplation of those end goals is a much needed change for many business students, both graduate and undergraduate. Like so many people, it took a life and death situation to awaken Albion to this "true north" principle. Now he has made that the purpose of the ...more
Rohan Rajiv
Dec 24, 2014 Rohan Rajiv rated it liked it
Shelves: career
This is one of 3 books that I read before starting out on my MBA. This is a good book and written with all the right intentions.

However, it failed to make an impact on me just because I'd read "How will you measure your life?" by Clayton Christensen - which, I found more more comprehensive in terms of thinking about your impact on the world.

Top Learning: Think long term when thinking about your post-MBA career
Adarsh Seetharam
Dec 06, 2014 Adarsh Seetharam rated it really liked it
Good read for anyone who is contemplating an MBA or has just graduated from an MBA program on career choices.
Mckinley
Apr 27, 2012 Mckinley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, career
Idea of book is "what will your contribution be?" How your work will fit in with your life.
Not to get caught up while in MBA program.

1. Who are you? - don't get really good at what you don't want to do, list to the little voice inside, broaden your vision of life
2. What do you want? know how to you measure success, get attitude about $ right, don't treasure trash and trash treasures
3. What can you do? creating values, keep risk low, don't defer your life plan
4. Where are you going? purpose is mo
Scott
Jun 17, 2011 Scott rated it really liked it
Good read for me, particularly at this point in my life/career. It's a relatively short book (~100 pages), but it provides a lot of good food for thought. I'm planning to revisit the ideas and questions that resonate with me the most in the near future, taking my time to think and write about some of the more relevant ones.
Lisa
Feb 26, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Great book for MBAs who are ready to reflect on career choices...to stop following money as the top priority. Mark's experiences as a Harvard MBA professor gave him insight into thousands of student's minds. He does a great job at making you think about what you really want out of life.
Josh
Mar 30, 2013 Josh rated it really liked it
Any other future MBA's out there still trying to figure out what to do with their careers? This book isn't the answer, but poses some good questions for you to consider, and may give you some clarity around what to do next.
Emmanuele Benatti
Emmanuele Benatti rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Kylie
Kylie added it
Aug 06, 2016
Sandy Khoman
Sandy Khoman marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Martin
Martin marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Manish Tewani
Manish Tewani marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Youssef Assad
Youssef Assad marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Adam Boby
Adam Boby marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Ravichandra
Ravichandra marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Shreya Pandey
Shreya Pandey marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Mandy Yeung
Mandy Yeung rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Nikhil
Nikhil rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2016
Bob Vanourek
Bob Vanourek rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2016
Sujeet Gupta
Sujeet Gupta rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Santosh
Santosh is currently reading it
Mar 19, 2016
Chea Sambath
Chea Sambath marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Mike Della
Mike Della rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016