Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #10)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  7,803 ratings  ·  396 reviews
A bit early to get swoony knickers but I have got them on.

For Georgia, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Just when she thought she was the official one-and-only girlfriend of Masimo, he's walked off into the night with the full hump, leaving Georgia all aloney on her owney--again. All because Dave the Laugh tried to do fisticuffs at dawn with him!

Two boy...more
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperTeen

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterEclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Best Teen Girl Books
201st out of 1,171 books — 1,713 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Gotta Have 'Em
199th out of 1,051 books — 1,875 voters

More lists with this book...

nicole
Dec 18, 2009 nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009, lol, ya
HORRRRNNNN!!!

I struggle a bit with how to rate this one since (5 stars), I enjoyed every blessed moment of it. But (3-4 stars), as far as series FINALES go, it was over a bit too soon. I mean, you'd have to be extraordinarily dim to have not figured this ending out somewhere around book five, but still. I wanted to revel in the conclusion a bit more before I turned the page and found myself at the glossary. And, to be honest, I wanted something as gripping as Angus nearly dying in the last insta...more
Fiona
I have an apology to make.

Dear man on the train. I am so sorry that I sniggered. I saw your face fall, and I know it appeared that I was sniggering at you, but honestly, I wasn't. I was sniggering at Georgia Nicholson. I would like to extend this apology to all the other people who suffered my laughter (and snorts, and silent shaking). On the train. Oh, and the bus.

I can be a book snob. I admit it. For someone whose MA is (and eventual PhD will be) in children's literature, you'd think I was mro...more
Heather
Oct 22, 2009 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women of all ages who fancy a laugh and a tart
Recommended to Heather by: T
Shelves: 2009, ya
I am full of sadnosity that this series has ended but…I lurved the ending! True to form, Georgia’s mad sham of a life is filled with hilariosity, ridiculousness, beards, lippy, half Scottish Wildcat fiasco’s and tarts and cakes galore. I’m so glad that Gee and Dave the Laugh finally got together, it was a long time coming, but they did the Bird of Avon proud. This book made me laugh, squee, sigh and then laugh again. Oh how I will miss these characters now that the series is over.

Also, I would l...more
Nagina Khan
So,Georgia Nicolson concludes her story.Epic read of the century for me,hilariousity-packed and so on.
First of all,feel free to call me utterly bonkers because I felt like crying when I finished.Maybe it was the boyfriend thing,but a major reason was merely that it ended.It feels like Georgia's story was my story or something.Or that she was a very close friend.In any case,I must be loony after all.Thing is,I was so absorbed in the story,and laughed my arse off at some parts of hilariosity and f...more
Rachel Brand
I'm glad that I've finally finished this series, and in a way I'm pleased that Georgia and Dave got together, but I do sort of feel like I wasted some time with these books. When I started reading them at the age of 12 I really enjoyed them, and they do still have some amusing moments in them, but the last three books have just been repetitive, OTT, immature ramblings! Maybe it's that I'm too old for these books now, but thinking about it, I never behaved like Georgia and her friends when I was...more
Emily May

Ah, there's nothing like a bit of Georgia Nicholson silliness to cheer me up. I love that Louise Rennison's books are still funny the third time you read them, I could actually just sit here quoting awesomely hilarious lines to you instead of writing a review - I thought about it.

What should I say? These books never fail to make me laugh (sometimes out loud) and I'm only sad that this book is the end of the road for our Ace Gang, sex gods, luurve gods and (most importantly) our Hornmeister. Yes,...more
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
I'm glad this is the last book in the series. It's not that I don't love Georgia Nicholson, it's that this book felt a little stale. The jokes had happened one too many times, the situations and the rack of lurve, just were overplayed. But Louise Rennison gave us a good ending, the one many (including me)have been hoping for, and Georgia did mature enough to realize maybe she's still to young to be mature. Hard to believe but this series has been around for ten years, while in book only two year...more
Laurie
Hahahahalalalalala... Oh how gorgie porgie this was! I for one would have a major case of the humpty dumpty if this wouldn't have ended so fantastico. And can I just say.... Dave the L may not be the sex god or the lurrrve god but he is without doubtnosity the vati! (oo-er) ;)
Sophie
The last instalment of Georgia Nicolson’s dairies is just as brilliant as the rest of them. I absolutely loved it!

‘Are these my basoomas I see before me?’ was so, so funny. I’d forgotten about Louise Rennison’s ability to make you laugh out loud. She writes the most absurd situations and has her characters have the strangest conversations that you’d burst if you didn’t at least giggle at. She is a comedy genius.

The characters each have distinctive personalities and compliment each other perfectl...more
Ellen
Christina
I laaaaaike it!

Masimo has got the Humpty Dumpty (in other words, pissed) due to Georgia twisting/dancing with Dave the Laugh and Georgia has resolved to eschew Dave the Laugh with a firm hand, though not doing a very good job at it.

*** Spoiler alert ***

Things are going swell with Masimo but soon after becoming the girlfriend of the Luuurve God (again), the Stiff Dylans are signed with a major management company who wants them to move to London. The pro, Robbie is free of Wet Lindsay. The con, G...more
Julie
Oh ma gawd, I can't believe I actually finished a series of TEN books! I generally have an aversion to series, but I am seriously so sad that this one is over! I would continue reading Georgia's nonsense for another ten books, no questions asked. Five stars overall for the series. I loved that the format is simple the plot is average, yet everything that happens seems so monumental. The characterization overall is awesome. Seriously, who else would have a best friend obsessed with voles and a Sc...more
Imo :D (Omnom Books)
These books have entertained me for a good many years, and now we have finally come to the last one.
Georgia speaks in a refreshingly teenage-like tone, and instead of trying to make it more polite or more suitable for adults, Rennison has played up the angst ridden 'oh no my hair is pouffy it's the end of the world' narrative. The main character Georgia, is a great person and one i would have loved to have known back in school.
She seems to always be having a good time, and for many parts of the...more
scout cook

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? is the final book in the Confessions Of Georgia Nicolson series. It is about a girl named Georgia from England who is always "on the rack of luuurve". She is constantly choosing between boys, and her best guy-friend (Dave the Laugh) always seems to get in the way. This time, she doesn't even have to choose. She has previously chosen Masimo, the Italian lead singer of the band The Stiff Dylans. And nothing can tear them apart this time. Or can it?

I can conne

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2014 Tatiana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a good laugh and a good snog
Shelves: 2009, ya, 2014, chick-lit
It is with deep sadnosity I am writing this review. I am sad not because the book has disappointed me. Not at all, "Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?" is deffo up to Rennison's usual standards of hilariosity. But knowing that this is the last book gives me an actual nervy b. But back to the review for now.

Masimo is having a megahump with Gee after seeing her twisting with Dave the Laugh (Georgia's Hornmeister and an occasional snog partner) at the end of the previous book. Gee is determined...more
Krista Basilio
Let me just say that I love these books. I love Georgia and all her antics and her hilarious friends. I own all the books and I reread them regularly because they crack me up every time and are always a pick-me-up. That being said, I believe that Rennison really dropped the ball when it came to how this series ended. The thing about romantic comedies isn't the surprise ending. There's never any surprise. We like romantic comedies for the unfolding. We know who loves who from the start, but it's...more
Hannah
I am SO disappointed with the ending of this book! :'(

As a whole the series was great. It was hilarious and even though Georgia is self-centred she is always funny to read about. Normally the books have something in them that makes me go “Wait, Georgia does care about other people and has actually learnt something instead of complaining about how big her nose is.” But the last couple books have been lacking this factor :/ So basically Georgia is just plain annoying.

Ok it is a bit unbelievable th...more
Anne
Oh Poo and Merde! I've just read the final installment of the Georgia Nicolson diaries, "Are Those My Basoomas I See Before Me?" I am so full of sadnosity. I hate to think that this is the last book. I always looked forward to reading about Georgia and the Ace Gang.

When we last saw Georgia in "Stop in the Name of Pants," Masimo "the lurvve god" had stropped off to strop central with the Mega hump because he had seen Georgia dancing with Dave the Laugh. Once again Georgia was left in the cakeshop...more
Kris

Dennison, L. (2009). Are these my basoomas I see before me?: Final confessions of Georgia Nicolson [Recorded by S. Nielsen] [CD]. New York, NY: Recorded Books. (2010)

Genre: Realistic Fiction

Awards: YALSA's Top 10 Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults 2012

Format: Audiobook (5 CDs)

Selection Process: YALSA Teen Book Finder, Follett

Review:

Georgia Nicolson gives her final performance as she muddles her way through life with lots of chuntering and sophisticosity. In her tenth and final diary (HarperTee...more
Emiri Tachibana
Jul 16, 2012 Emiri Tachibana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYPants who is awesome!
Recommended to Emiri by: Ashlyn sidony
My first thoughts were "YESS!!!! SHE ENDED UP WITH DAVE THE LAUGH!!!" which was my dream ending. She should've been with him long before the tenth book. The ending was happy and suited it well, but it was kind of...bland. I have this feeling something was missing, and I had many opinions like;

1. Robbie! He dumped Lindsay twice! I mean, seriously, he needs to make up his mind! Not to mention Georgia went to all that trouble and then dumped him for Masimo anyway.

2. Masimo! This dude needed to ma...more
Mimi
I cannot lie that these books have been the most fun I've had reading a series in a lo... actually, ever. They are light-hearted, fluffy, and hilarious without the burden of a real central conflict other than getting the guy, or a guy. I liked the main character because I saw so much of my younger self in her with the games, the make-up, and the constant boy craziness. Georgia had a hard time knowing what she wanted and it was so fun watching her try to grow up. I wish we could keep following he...more
Marija
This is a fine conclusion to the Georgia Nicolson confessions. Though I am certainly pleased with the ending, I did find it somewhat abrupt… kind of like when you’re eating a cookie or chips and get distracted, you reach for more, only to find it all gone.

I was right, though. The Rom and Jul play certainly made a big impression with Dave the Laugh turning a tragedy into a comedy. ;)

One final Angus moment: “He was biffing toy mousy with one paw and then biffing him back with the other…. Then he...more
Christina Wilder
I am so going to miss this series.

I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that this book was very satisfying. Funny, sweet, poignant...and just so damn good.

Here's what sold it for me: (remember, this is not a spoiler) At the end of the book, Georgia realizes that she's still young, and that's okay. She flat out admits she's not mature enough to make big life decisions yet. Also, she doesn't expect to meet her future husband while she's still in her teens, and wants to spend time with...more
Daria
I had forgotten how HILARIOUS these books are! I couldn't drink anything while reading this for fear that I'd start laughing so hard that it would shoot out my nose. Georgia's voice is just so funny and authentic.

A few lines I <3'd:

How many times do we all have to do this? Get up, go to school, again? Before everyone admits it a crap idea?

I said, "'She wouldn't get it if it came in a big bag labeled 'IT'."

If looks could kill, I would have been deader than a dead person on dead tablets. In de...more
Nicole
Oh Georgia, you so crazy!

I like reading these books because they are very light and all around enjoyable.

I said before that I start picking up on the language and it's true. Just the other day I called someone a loon, and said it was nippy noodles out. Then laughed to myself really loudly.

The best was when I was reading these books a while back and was mad at my boyfriend at the time. I called him a stupid prat. He was highly pissed and confused at the same time. Ahhhh memories!

I'm glad the book...more
Daniela
*Tear.* The tenth and final installment in what is one of the most hilarious and engaging series for young adults. Rennison's bright, witty humour and sarcastic protaganist, Georgia Nicolson, will surely be missed. Along with the charming Dave the Laugh, the incurably droll Jas, dithering Ellen, crazy kitty Angus and the rest of the quirky cast. These books kept me reading right along through high school and into my early 20s. They became like a comforting blanket. Great series.
Tina Rae
Feb 04, 2010 Tina Rae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Georgia fans
Recommended to Tina Rae by: Morgie
Shelves: favorites
Well, I literally almost cried when I finished this book. No more Georgia?! How will my life ever go on? I honestly loved this book but I felt it ended a bit too soon. I'd waited so long for the ending and I wanted to be able to experience it more. But it was just like *poof* it's over! Which made me quite sad. But in all, I think this one was the funniest book in the entire series and, probably, my favorite. Rom and Jul was the best thing ever!!!
Anna
I'm so sad that this series is over but this was a great way to end it! I love Georgia Nicolson and I will definitely reread all of the books (which I plan to buy now that I know I love the whole series). It's definitely a one-of-a-kind story and all of the characters are very memorable. Jas is particularly funny. I love Dave the Laugh. Mutti and Vati are in my heart forever.
Lucille
Honestly, i think that she ended the series perfectly. During this book, I was literally laughing out loud... my dad was staring at me very strangely. I think that the jokes were funny, Georgia and the Ace gang were amazing, and Dave the Laugh is just the absolute most marvy thing since sliced bread :)
THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF PANTS :D
Jessica
Auf Wiedersehn, my little pally! I am full of sadnosity that this was your last confession, yet also my heart is alive with the sound of PANTS that you have decided what to order from the Cakeshop of Luuuurve vis-a-vis the Luuurve God and Dave the Laugh fiasco.

HOOOOOORN!
YA Buddy Readers'...: Georgia Nicholson Series by Louise Rennison 60 28 Mar 28, 2014 11:54PM
  • The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver  (Ruby Oliver, #3)
  • Callum (Noughts & Crosses, #1.6)
  • Girl, Nearly 16: Absolute Torture (Jess Jordan, #2)
  • Beauty and the Bully
  • The Murder Of Bindy Mackenzie (Ashbury/Brookfield, #3)
  • The Boyfriend Trick (First Kisses, #2)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, #4)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • My Now or Never Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #2)
  • The Real Real
  • Diary of a Chav (Diary of a Chav, #1)
Louise Rennison is the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’.
More about Louise Rennison...
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1) On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2) Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3) Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4) Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)

“...maybe he overreacted a bit."

"A bit? That's like Hitler saying, 'Oooh, I just meant to go for a little walk, but then I accidentally invaded Poland.”
125 likes
“If you fall down those stairs and break both of your legs, don't come running to me!” 89 likes