Start by marking “The One (Chloe Gamble, #1)” as Want to Read:
The One (Chloe Gamble, #1)

The One (Chloe Gamble #1)

Chloe Gamble knows three things: she's better than the tiny Texas town she grew up in; there's just one person she can trust; and she wants to be famous.

And what Chloe wants...Chloe gets.
Published March 10th 2009 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One

Not in the Script by Amy FinneganThis Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. SmithStarlet's Web by Carla J. HannaL.A. Candy by Lauren ConradThe Fame Game by Lauren Conrad
YA Celebrities
105 books — 51 voters
Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen CalonitaUnder the Lights by Dahlia AdlerTobacco Sun by Lorna HollifieldDead to Me by Mary  McCoyThe Fame Game by Lauren Conrad
YA Hollywood
101 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

You will either hate Chloe Gamble or you will love her. I came away from reading THE ONE absolutely spellbound by Chloe and eager for more in the follow-up, VIP LOUNGE.

When Chloe's mom catches her dad with another woman, it's all the ammunition Chloe needs to finally convince her mom to get out of the situation, get in the car with her twin brother, and drive all the way to L.A. Chloe grew up in the world of beauty pageants. She knows how to win and give th
May 01, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
whaddya mean I have to wait until DECEMBER to read the next book in the series? I cannot wait! I don't DO waiting! I will make it happen. YES I WILL!

and that is how Chloe Gamble would react to someone telling her she had to wait to read the next chapter of her life.

A suck you in murder mystery that takes place behind the shining lights of Hollywood, where the real heartache, drama, and murder happen.
T.V and Book Addict
Apr 02, 2009 T.V and Book Addict rated it liked it
Shelves: own
The One is the story (1st in a series) about Chole Gamble. Chloe Gamble will stop at nothing to be famous. She knows she can do it, she was born for it.
She hates her small Spurlock, Texas home (YAY she's from Texas too!!..wants to leave but w/e haha) there's nothing for her there and why should she stick around anyway when her good for nothing father is out being a man-whore with girls about three years older than her?
Chloe decides she's had enough of her small town so she gets her mom and twin
Yan
Dec 25, 2008 Yan rated it liked it
Summary: Chloe Gamble always has an aura of charisma and gets what she wants. But can she work her magic in Hollywood?

She’s been winning beauty pageants and providing for her family all these years. But after catching her father in the act, flirting with a girl about a year or two older than she, Chloe decides it’s time the small town to move to LA to leave with her mother and twin brother, Travis, in tow. Who else was going to decide, her mother?

And so the adventures begin. From finding the pr
Stephanie
Mar 20, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I was reading through some reviews about this book and wasn't expect much because everyone was talking about how it was just an okay book. However, I actually enjoyed The One...a lot.

I loved how the different perspectives - Nika's documentary, Travis' emails to his best friend and Chloe's own point of view - made up this book. It provided diverse angles that allowed the readers to get a sense of the people that revolved around The One.

I loved the characters especially Chloe and Travis because th
Sabrina
Jul 04, 2011 Sabrina rated it really liked it
You either got it ... or you don't. And Chloe Gamble definetly has it.

If you don't know who Cloe Gamble is you might as well be living under a rock. She's the A-list actress up there with Miley Cyrus and Angelina Jolie. She stars in the hit show 'Cover Band'. Doesn't ring a bell? Well this should, she was THE Cloe Gamble to break in a NBC pilot audition. With no agent. Money. Experience. Sure, she got kicked out but within months she was the biggest actress known. Those big security guards that
Diane Ferbrache
Sep 06, 2010 Diane Ferbrache rated it really liked it
Shelves: washyarg, young-adult
I absolutely LOVE Chloe Gamble! A teen beauty queen from the small, middle of nowhere town of Spurlock, TX, she is determined to make it big. When her father cheats (again!) on her mother, and her mother actually sees the couple together, Chloe grabs Mom and twin brother, Travis, and heads to Hollywood with her $10,000 check from the last beauty contest. She’s smart enough to know that won’t last long, but she has a plan! After some missteps (including barging into a network audition), she mana ...more
Lauren
Mar 20, 2009 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Going into this I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Possibly a page turner, but mostly another small town girl gets famous kind of novel. Though, it was a decent book that shows promise in being a great new trilogy.

First off, I loved the beginning it was mysterious and fully captured my attention, holding it for the first hundred or so pages, but soon after everything just kind of went off pace. It got boring and went too in deep describing the whole Hollywood world, making it hard to get through.
Lydia
Aug 03, 2016 Lydia rated it liked it
This book has haunted me for close to six years. I never forgot about it and it left me with this unsettling feeling afterwards because of the mysterious context. I have been searching for the name of this book let alone the book itself for six years after a borrowed it from the library and posted on book title queries and scanned databases. And finally decided today I would try again using my library database and some key buzzwords. And by some sheer luck and determination, I found it and i'm s ...more
Erica
Jul 02, 2009 Erica rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book. I found it really interesting, and it totally kept me hooked. I'm definately excited for the sequel coming this December. The plot really keeps you hooked as well, though I felt it had its downsides just to the extremes it seemed to go to. The whole story is upon the basis of Chloe wanting to escape her home town of Spurlock, Texas. The fact that they just get in the car, and drive to Hollywood, and with all the stuff she does seemed to set back the book a bit in my ...more
Kimberly
May 12, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-fiction
Interesting presentation- the book is in a few formats- Nika May's manuscript notes, Travis' emails, and it's also told from Chloe's point of view.
Chloe is more than a beauty queen, she's a woman on a mission. She's fierce, ballsy, and a force to be reckoned with. And along the way in pursuit of fame mistakes are made, friends are found, and support comes from sometimes surprising places. It was a very solid first book that has me waiting to see what happens in the next book.
Kelsey
Apr 02, 2009 Kelsey rated it really liked it
I loved this book!
It wasn't one of those normal girlie books. Chloe Gamble actually had a real goal and worked very hard to get there. She didn't wait for people to do it for her, she didn't expect people to do anything for her.
I would recommend this book to almost anyone.
Olivia
Feb 24, 2009 Olivia rated it liked it
It was okay. The first half was a little boring but it got better as it progressed. I'll be reading the next one, but not any time soon. The ending leaves you curious. I have a feeling that this series gets better as it continues cause the next one seems pretty good.
Gab Rose
Jun 17, 2009 Gab Rose rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
2 1/2 stars. From the review I thought that it was going to have a more mysterious, almost supernatural, quality to the story. I was disappointed.
Garrett
Nov 09, 2014 Garrett rated it did not like it
I had to read this for work...
Zoey
Aug 16, 2012 Zoey rated it liked it
a bit cheesy. but good. just like pizza.=D
Veronica
Apr 26, 2010 Veronica rated it liked it
Well this book for sure made me learn about hollywood. However I think the events that happened were just simply so unrealistic. It was a little boring, but over all it was an okay book.
Nessa
Nessa rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2012
Toni Bologna♪
Toni Bologna♪ rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2009
Betty
Betty rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2012
Lizzy Tatford
Lizzy Tatford rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Angela Foster
Angela Foster rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2011
Shamim
Shamim rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2010
Carol(ina)
Carol(ina) rated it liked it
May 02, 2009
Kirra
Kirra rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2009
Kylee
Kylee rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2011
Lonnette
Lonnette rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2010
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2011
Kayla rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Good book, but... 1 2 Sep 16, 2011 08:08PM
  • Mary Jane 2 (Spider-Man) (Bk. 2)
  • Swan Fake (Cinderella Cleaners, #6)
  • Seeing the Elephant (Wildflowers, #1)
  • Waiting for You
  • Rehab
  • Solace of the Road
  • A Pearl Among Princes
  • Anarchy: A Novel (Advent Trilogy #2)
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Grey Matters
  • 7 Kinds of Ordinary Catastrophes (Gert Garibaldi's Rants and Raves, #2)
  • Becoming Bryn
  • Karma for Beginners
  • Ten Rules for Living with My Sister
  • House of Dance
  • Princess of Gossip
  • Stay
  • Fairest of Them All

Chloe Gamble (3 books)
  • VIP Lounge (Chloe Gamble, #2)
  • Hot Mess (Chloe Gamble, #3)