Start by marking “Stones of Jerusalem” as Want to Read:
Stones of Jerusalem

Stones of Jerusalem (Zion Legacy #5)

Stones of Jerusalem continues the story of the Zion Legacy Series. Once more we are transported back in time, from the 1948 war in Israel to a stirring drama of the first century A.D. in this sacred city.

Amid the chaos of street battle, Israeli strategist Moshe Sachar has taken refuge in a secret tunnel beneath the Temple Mount. There, in Stones of Jerusalem, he becomes
Published March 18th 2002 by Viking Adult

To ask other readers questions about Stones of Jerusalem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stones of Jerusalem

James Burns
Oct 20, 2013 James Burns rated it it was amazing
This is a love story, You are led to believe it is the love of two people, one roman, one Jewish widow, one despised being a Roman Soldier and the Other,scorned for being a woman of loose moral Character. There is love, hate and Political and Religious maneuvering and deception. The land, The people are all in a state of unrest and distrust. Through all of this there is man preaching Love The real love story is the love the Lord has for us and our redemption, because of that love. When you can l ...more
Sara Westhead
Jul 23, 2017 Sara Westhead rated it really liked it
The story is very well told and enjoyable to read. I felt they took a few too many liberties with Biblical characters, however, including saying that Mary, the sister of Lazaraus and Martha, was also Mary Magdalene. Thought that was going too far.
Wendy
May 24, 2017 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to finish this fascinating series!
Kathryn
2.5 Stars
The 5th book in this series, really a continuation of the plot in the 4th book, which was a plot arc that seemingly has little to do with what happened in books 1-3. I found the pacing of this one lagging at the beginning. It took me a bit to get into it. After realizing what was happening in the 4th book and being familiar with the New Testament, many of the events were predictable to me as they unfolded. Things remain loose, so clearly book 6 will continue this arc, but also somehow w
Kw
Oct 02, 2013 Kw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These incredible stories always leave me wanting more, but since this series was written before The A.D. Chronicles, I had to go back and look for the sequence in the story of Miryam and Marcus in some of those. No matter. The books are all rich with Biblical history, foundational truth, irresistible characters and so much more. Never a disappointment, always satisfying, with top-notch organization and prose. (If I could write as well as the Thoene's, everyone would read their books because of m ...more
Angela
Aug 10, 2009 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book...it's about a little boy and some other people in the time of Jesus, it's a fictional book although the events that the fiction boy and other characters witness are from the Bible. It's interesting and gave me goose bumps just thinking about the people that lived when Jesus lived and met him. It's really hard to explain the book because it's a fictional book based on a non-fictional man and events but it's a fantastic book. A Great Read!
Carol
Jan 08, 2010 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The authors take some of the stories of the New Testamnet and put it into novel form. Interesting and as far as I could tell they stuck to the stories as told in the Bible. Made the stories come alive. I will read more of the series.
Julie
Jul 23, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a marvelous journey back in time!! The blind see, the lame walk, the deaf hear, and the dead live again! Still there are those who won't believe and are blind to Truth. Captivating and such an offer of hope and life for the broken and unwanted in the world.
Karen
Great historical retelling of the beginning of Statehood of Israel, good characterisations and authentic Messianic Jewish culture. I also liked that it was fair about the different peoples/cultures/religions involved, even though the book was told from the (Messianic) Jewish perspective.
Robin Densmore Fuson
Amazing tale of what may have happened in the lives of real Biblical characters in Jesus three year ministry. Have a tissue raedy for the last bit.
Bradley Mcguffey
Could only find an abridgment in audiobook form. Pretty disappointing to not get the whole book or be able to finish the series since I can't find any more after this.
Tessa Palmeri
Sep 11, 2015 Tessa Palmeri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing, outstanding, wonderful, epic. I love the Thoenes.
Bridg8
Jun 14, 2011 Bridg8 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second part of the story that became the series "The A.D. Chronicles".
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2009
Betty Moore
Betty Moore rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2012
Alissa
Alissa rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2010
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2009
Toni Hancock
Toni Hancock rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Sarah rated it liked it
May 13, 2009
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2017
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2008
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2009
Debbie Fraser
Debbie Fraser rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Pamela J argy
Pamela J argy rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2013
Leah Brown
Leah Brown rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Colette
Colette rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2008
  • The Year of the Grizzly (Saga of the Sierras #6)
  • Escape to Freedom (Secret of the Rose #3)
  • While Mortals Sleep (Songs in the Night #1)
  • The Reluctant Bridegroom: 1838 (The House of Winslow #7)
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...

Zion Legacy (6 books)
  • Jerusalem Vigil (Zion Legacy, #1)
  • Thunder from Jerusalem (The Zion Legacy, #2)
  • Jerusalem's Heart (The Zion Legacy, #3)
  • The Jerusalem Scrolls (The Zion Legacy, #4)
  • Jerusalem's Hope (Zion Legacy, #6)