Start by marking “Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race” as Want to Read:
Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race

Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Never kiss a rattlesnake. Put on the parachute before jumping from the plane. Don't bring your dog along if you're going to rob a bank. These seem like obvious enough strategies but, unfortunately, we seem to be a race of rattlesnake kissers.

Duh! The Stupid History of the Human Race is a hilarious collection of the stupid things that people do-even the really smart people....more
Published September 1st 2000 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Duh!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duh!

Pamela(AllHoney)
Great bathroom read. A collection of stories that show just how absolutely stupid that some people have been throughout history.

Wow, people are stupid.
Davis Davis
Dull and poorly researched. The last section with the author's thoughts on humanity was particularly bad.
Remo
Perdónenme, estimados lectores. Háganse a la idea. Lector obsesivo-compulsivo. Viaje en avión inminente, unas horas por delante y, por un error técnico a la hora de hacer la maleta, a los dos libros que van en la mochila les quedan menos de cincuenta páginas. Hay que comprarse otro libro para aguantar el viaje. Y claro, en el quiosquillo de la estación no hay mucho donde elegir. Descartadas las novedades a 27 eurazos, quedan los libros del fondo. Y ese es el motivo por el que hoy hablo de una ba...more
Sebastian Cruz
this book is actually very well made. It contains random facts about history and is actually a funny type of book. it contains very humorous pieces of text such as quotes, facts about culture, music, inventions and other things such as the military. They take random facts and put it in a humorous way. i recommend this book to people who like to laugh and enjoy a nice book that can make you laugh but also learn at the same time.
Pam Fullem
This book started out as entertaining collection of ironic and silly facts. The end of the book was absolutely depressing. The author seems so cynical and pessimistic that it was hard to get through. Part Three was a little better talking about things you can do improve your life. Seems like the book had two personalities, so I suggest skipping Part Two.
Stacey
May 11, 2008 Stacey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who are in need of a good dose of irony
this book is a compilation of many examples of human stupidity. it ends with a chapter on how not to be so stupid.

i appreciated the ironic/sarcastic tone that allowed me to shrug my shoulders and laugh at how ridiculous people can be.
Blue Caeruleus
Almost as good as The Darwin Awards in my opinion. Fun fact: I bought this book years ago because I mistook it for the Darwin Awards phenomenon that I had heard so much about.
Bigcillz
When you need a good laugh to go with a good beer, this is the book to do it with. I keep in the car and read at the bar after a long day when a laugh is what ya need.
Fofi  Delafraga
Ηλίθιες εφευρέσεις, ηλίθια αδικήματα, ηλίθιες δηλώσεις, ηλίθιες προβλέψεις, ηλίθιες αυτοκτονίες κ.α.
H τόση ηλιθιότητα με κούρασε
Molly
A hilarious impulse buy. I'm not sure how reliable some of the stories are, but they are still wonderful bathroom reads.
Catherine
Absolutely hilarious. It's definitely a book that can be enjoyed for five minutes or an hour. It's very funny!
Sam Isham
Oct 29, 2008 Sam Isham rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a laugh
Recommended to Sam by: myself
This book was right up my alley, I love hearing about the stupid things that people have done.
Madeleine
it is so funny! it says about all the dumb things that people have done!!!
Coy Williams
The beginning was fun but by about halfway the author lost my interest.
Amy
My son gave this to me as a gift. It's hilarious, yet sad, reading.
Bob Dugger
It just ran out of steam in the 4th quarter.
Susie
Jul 25, 2010 Susie marked it as to-read
It's a great bathroom book!
Robert Burdick
A silly romp through history.
Sean
Hysterical....
Fernando Pintado
Fernando Pintado is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Dimitar Dinev
Dimitar Dinev is currently reading it
Oct 03, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Joeman99
Joeman99 marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Nefeli
Nefeli marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Candice
Candice is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2014
Robert Thompson
Robert Thompson marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Well , Duh !: Our Stupid World, and Welcome to It They Did What? Things Famous People Have Done Twisted: Tales from the Wacky Side The Duh Awards: In This Stupid World, We Take the Prize Die Katze In Der Mikrowelle