Start by marking “Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race” as Want to Read:
Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race

Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Never kiss a rattlesnake. Put on the parachute before jumping from the plane. Don't bring your dog along if you're going to rob a bank. These seem like obvious enough strategies but, unfortunately, we seem to be a race of rattlesnake kissers.

Duh! The Stupid History of the Human Race is a hilarious collection of the stupid things that people do-even the really smart people.
Published September 1st 2000 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Duh!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duh!

Pamela(AllHoney)
Great bathroom read. A collection of stories that show just how absolutely stupid that some people have been throughout history.

Wow, people are stupid.
Remo
Perdónenme, estimados lectores. Háganse a la idea. Lector obsesivo-compulsivo. Viaje en avión inminente, unas horas por delante y, por un error técnico a la hora de hacer la maleta, a los dos libros que van en la mochila les quedan menos de cincuenta páginas. Hay que comprarse otro libro para aguantar el viaje. Y claro, en el quiosquillo de la estación no hay mucho donde elegir. Descartadas las novedades a 27 eurazos, quedan los libros del fondo. Y ese es el motivo por el que hoy hablo de una ba ...more
Gimena Reche
Este libro es bastante tonto, lo que en sí es algo irónico viendo de qué trata... Tiene un humor muy yanqui, del cual no disfruté para nada. Su intensión es ser gracioso pero no lo consigue. Es casi como un chiste mal contado, sólo que las historias que aquí se cuentan son, supuestamente, verídicas, lo que hace de este libro algo un poco más atroz. Por lo menos no costó más de diez pesos.
Tina Janes
Some of these stories are just unreal that anyone could be that dumb!
Sebastian Cruz
this book is actually very well made. It contains random facts about history and is actually a funny type of book. it contains very humorous pieces of text such as quotes, facts about culture, music, inventions and other things such as the military. They take random facts and put it in a humorous way. i recommend this book to people who like to laugh and enjoy a nice book that can make you laugh but also learn at the same time.
Zoya Dimitrova
Поредица от истории за "подвизите" на човешката мисъл и висотите, които може да достигне. Ако не беше края на книгата, бих я сметнала като сборник от вицове и смешни истории. Но авторът успява да прозре доста истини и да направи не толкова забавни умозаключения за човешката раса като цяло. А най-хубавото са съветите, с които завършва книгата.
Pam Fullem
This book started out as entertaining collection of ironic and silly facts. The end of the book was absolutely depressing. The author seems so cynical and pessimistic that it was hard to get through. Part Three was a little better talking about things you can do improve your life. Seems like the book had two personalities, so I suggest skipping Part Two.
Stacey
May 11, 2008 Stacey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who are in need of a good dose of irony
this book is a compilation of many examples of human stupidity. it ends with a chapter on how not to be so stupid.

i appreciated the ironic/sarcastic tone that allowed me to shrug my shoulders and laugh at how ridiculous people can be.
Blue Caeruleus
Almost as good as The Darwin Awards in my opinion. Fun fact: I bought this book years ago because I mistook it for the Darwin Awards phenomenon that I had heard so much about.
Bigcillz
When you need a good laugh to go with a good beer, this is the book to do it with. I keep in the car and read at the bar after a long day when a laugh is what ya need.
Fofi  Delafraga
Ηλίθιες εφευρέσεις, ηλίθια αδικήματα, ηλίθιες δηλώσεις, ηλίθιες προβλέψεις, ηλίθιες αυτοκτονίες κ.α.
H τόση ηλιθιότητα με κούρασε
Molly
A hilarious impulse buy. I'm not sure how reliable some of the stories are, but they are still wonderful bathroom reads.
Tchipakkan
what more can I say? People are funny. Or maybe we just laugh to keep from crying and looking at our own mistakes.
Catherine
Absolutely hilarious. It's definitely a book that can be enjoyed for five minutes or an hour. It's very funny!
Davis Davis
Dull and poorly researched. The last section with the author's thoughts on humanity was particularly bad.
Sam Isham
Oct 29, 2008 Sam Isham rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a laugh
Recommended to Sam by: myself
This book was right up my alley, I love hearing about the stupid things that people have done.
Madeleine
it is so funny! it says about all the dumb things that people have done!!!
Coy Williams
The beginning was fun but by about halfway the author lost my interest.
Amy
My son gave this to me as a gift. It's hilarious, yet sad, reading.
Susie
Jul 25, 2010 Susie marked it as to-read
It's a great bathroom book!
Robert Burdick
A silly romp through history.
Sean
Hysterical....
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Moosegail
Moosegail is currently reading it
May 27, 2015
Jessica Denmon
Jessica Denmon marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
  • Imponderables: The Solution to the Mysteries of Everyday Life
  • The Best of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader
  • The Order of Things: How Everything in the World Is Organized Into Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
  • Contrary to Popular Belief: More than 250 False Facts Revealed
  • The Ultimate Book of Useless Information: A Few Thousand More Things You Might Need to Know (But Probably Don't)
  • The Intellectual Devotional Modern Culture: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your Education, and Converse Confidently with the Culturati
  • The Lost Dinosaurs of Egypt
  • Discarded Science: Ideas That Seemed Good at the Time...
  • They Went That-A-Way:  How the Famous, the Infamous, and the Great Died
  • The Science of Jurassic Park and the Lost World, Or, How to Build a Dinosaur
  • The President Did What?: Presidential Trivia Quiz
  • How a Book Is Made
  • 5 People Who Died During Sex: and 100 Other Terribly Tasteless Lists
  • Panati's Extraordinary Endings of Practically Everything and Everybody
Well , Duh !: Our Stupid World, and Welcome to It They Did What? Things Famous People Have Done Twisted: Tales from the Wacky Side The Duh Awards: In This Stupid World, We Take the Prize The Big Book of Duh: A Bathroom Book