Hey, Tabby Cat!: Brand New Readers

Hey, Tabby Cat!: Brand New Readers

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  1 review
Visit www.brandnewreaders.com to learn more about this unique series — and to try one on-line!

Based on what experts know about how children learn to read, BRAND NEW READERS are short, funny stories with words and pictures that help children reading for the very first time succeed—and have fun!

BRAND NEW READERS are for children who are just cracking the reading code. Reader...more
Published May 1st 2000 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Hey, Tabby Cat!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hey, Tabby Cat!

Janessa
Candlewick has the perfect idea here! These books for the earliest beginning readers come in a set of four inexpensively bound books with strong characters, and colorful, engaging illustrations. This set and others in the series are written by award winning children's book writer Phyllis Root, and she provides an excellent blend of humor, pacing, character and story in very few words. My favorite thing about these books is that after one week with the Mouse set, my daughter brought them to me an...more
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Celine
Celine added it
Jun 28, 2012
Goodworth1
Goodworth1 marked it as to-read
May 07, 2010
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2008
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2008
Kimber
Kimber marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2008
"Picture books are performances," says Phyllis Root, quoting some sage advice she once received. "They're performances that involve a child--something both of you do. And once I started thinking of them that way, I started getting much looser about making up words and playing around with rhythm."

Phyllis Root picked up an early affinity for colloquial language while growing up in Indiana and south...more
More about Phyllis Root...
One Duck Stuck Flip, Flap, Fly!: A Book for Babies Everywhere Rattletrap Car Looking for a Moose Scrawny Cat