Start by marking “Mr. Worry” as Want to Read:
Mr. Worry

Mr. Worry (Mr. Men #32)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  313 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Published (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Worry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Worry

Mr. Tickle by Roger HargreavesMr. Bump by Roger HargreavesMr. Happy by Roger HargreavesMr. Greedy by Roger HargreavesMr. Daydream by Roger Hargreaves
Mr. Men and Little Miss
75th out of 104 books — 17 voters
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussWendall by Othen Donald Dale CummingsAlexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith ViorstOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Books for six-year-olds
110th out of 405 books — 201 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa Bland
I absolutely love these books i think they're brilliant and almost everyone has read or come across one of these books. This one in particular is about a character called Mr Worry who worries about everything. For example, he worries when it rains in case his roof leaks, he worries if it doesn't rain because his plants in the garden may die. Throughout the book Mr Worry worries about 12 different things and a wizard tells him to write everything down so that he wont worry about anything anymore. ...more
Sarah Adamson
A great Mr Men story about how we can worry about everything but in the end, it makes life a bit miserable! Fun story and great illustrations as always.
Phil Syphe
Think I’m right in stating that as a boy I had all the pre-1990 Mr Men books with the possible exception of “Mr Snow”. Looking at all the covers apart from the latter jogged my memory.

Sadly I remember little about the stories now, despite reading them numerous times during my boyhood, plus watching the Mr Men cartoons more than once.

Reckon the last time I would’ve read these was 1983, though may have returned to them as late as 1985. Although I’ve forgotten almost everything about this title and
Godzilla
A story for our troubled times: so many things to worry about and so little time to do it in.

Mr Worry encapsulates the zeitgeist and teaches us how to tackle our irrational fears, although he does have a friendly wizard to help him. Harry Potter should be doing more community work like this!

A lesson in life laid bare here: stop your worrying and enjoy life. Which seems slightly strange for a children's book - my children never seem to have too many worries, so perhaps the message is aimed more a
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Will
I already enjoy it when Mommy reads the Mr. Men books to me, the pictures are so funny.
Gavin
Mr. Worry learns not to worry so much with a little help from a wizard.
Ben
the "Mr." books are great, this one helped me be the care free guy I am today.
sanaz
May 20, 2007 sanaz rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
it could be useful for kids. just could! but of course not for my cousin!!!
M
Mar 22, 2012 M rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: favorites
One of the most profound Mr Men books in the series.
Patrick\
Fun read-aloud series - with a moral.
Ben
Good ending. So true.
Talya
Really nice one.
Sal
Sal added it
Jul 06, 2015
David Cooper
David Cooper marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Chase
Chase marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Owen
Owen marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
  • Tyrannosaurus Drip
  • The Jolly Pocket Postman
  • That's Not My Monster
  • The Berenstain Bears' Mad, Mad, Mad Toy Craze (First Time Books)
  • Goose Goofs Off
  • Eeyore Has a Birthday (Pooh ETR 2)
  • E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet: A Novel
  • Very Worried Walrus
  • Richard Scarry's Great Big Schoolhouse
  • Beware Of The Storybook Wolves
  • Fungus the Bogeyman
  • The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes
  • Inside UFO 54-40 (Choose Your Own Adventure, #12)
  • Raggedy Ann and Andy and the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees
  • Ella
  • Muffin Dragon
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Mr. Men (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1)
  • Mr. Greedy (Mr. Men, #2)
  • Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3)
  • Mr. Nosey (Mr. Men, #4)
  • Mr. Sneeze (Mr. Men, #5)
  • Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)
  • Mr. Snow (Mr. Men, #7)
  • Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8)
  • Mr. Topsy-turvy (Mr. Men, #9)
  • Mr. Silly (Mr. Men, #10)
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1) Little Miss Bossy Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8) Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)