Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters, #2)

Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  323 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"Continuing her sparkling, sexy Stewart Sisters trilogy, bestselling author JoAnn Ross pens a romantic suspense story set in the glorious Great Smoky Mountains, where a tough man and a passionate woman find love amid danger."Lark Stewart is on the run from a singing career that skyrocketed out of control...and from someone who's bent on murder. When one of her band members...more
Published February 24th 2004 by Pocket Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Blue

RomReader
Famous country singer reunites with her old teen BF who left her to join the marines. In the meantime, she's also busy dealing with a psycho-stalker who kidnapped her years before & just escaped from prison, her lying ex-manager ex-husband, & the mystery of who shot her drummer.

Just like Out of the Mist, this story about another Stewart sister was a bust. I've read other Ross books (i.e., Freefall, Blaze, Blue Bayou, Southern Comfort) & this one lacked the heat, organization, &...more
JoAnne
This is the second Stewart Sisters book. Lark is found walking around New Orleans. Danny, one of the men in her band, was found with a bullet wound. Lark has amnesia. After a bit, some things start to come back to her but she does not remember the shooting. Who did this?
Lark's Aunt Zelda call Lucas - the man Lark has been in love him her whole life. Things did not work out with them but he still loves her too. Lucas goes to NO to get Lark and make sure she is safe. Then they find out that her s...more
Bookabulary
Here's my attempt at trying out previously unread authors on my part. My streak wasn't looking too good with my historicals that I found at the UBS. So why not try some contemp? I braved this one out even if it has become exceedingly difficult to look for contemps with heroes other than cops, FBI agents or former something-along-that-line.

Read full review on Bookabulary.
Linda
I hate when I read a book out of order in a series as I did this one because I feel that I don't have enough background information to truly relate to the characters. Perhaps I just wasn't in the mood for another chick romance novel where the heroine and hero seem to be at odds for most of the book. There was an interesting twist at the end of the story that gave the book some redemption, though.
SheLove2Read
Book 2 of the Stewart Sisters trilogy. This was a nice contemporary read with a sweet romance and just a touch of spice. The mystery was well played and I was genuinely surprised at the "shock" culmination of events. My only hangup was that the ending seemed a bit rushed. Other than that, very nice read.
Sandy
This was another loaner from my mother-in-law, another romance/mystery that I probably wouldn't have touched if she hadn't given it to me. It was a quick, fun read but nothing incredibly memorable. A good beach read, though!
Gayathri Aka Elgee (Elsewhere)
A true chick-lit fit for cozy-rainy-day read romantic and fast paced - keeps it warmth till the end. Read more here: http://musings-over-nothing.blogspot....
Holly
I liked this story more than the first. Possibly because I liked Lark more. I thought Lucas took too much on himself, but I liked the way he and Lark came together.

overall a good read.
Katie
Throughout the whole book it seemed like there was going to be some sort of twist. There was the obvious villain but everything didn't fit. I was surprised but how much I liked this book.
A good read. There was an interesting twist at the end which I did not see coming. Looking forward to the last book in this trilogy.
Michele bookloverforever
enoyable if you like romantic suspense. decent plot.
Shae Johnnson
Mystery romance with a twist at the end.
Lori
Great book but read it out of order
Oh well
Karen Barnett
Added Ross to my list of authors to read.
Sandy  Kemp
Aug 30, 2012 Sandy Kemp added it
Shelves: gave-up-on
yuk, not my thing.
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Melanie Sausser-Burke
Melanie Sausser-Burke marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Deana Pancake
Deana Pancake marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Alexis Smith
Alexis Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
  • Blood Claim (Half-Blood Princess, #1)
  • Villere House (Blood of My Blood #1)
  • Space In His Heart
  • Muse
  • Relentless (Lodestone Trilogy #3)
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • Desire the Night
  • Anything But Mine (Hearts of the South, #4)
  • Hero Under Cover
  • Death by Diamonds (A Vintage Magic Mystery #3)
  • Material Girl (Lear Family Trilogy #1)
  • To Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2)
  • Hunk for the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays, #1)
  • Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878) (The Wrong Bed, #17)
  • Next of Kin
  • Living on the Edge (Edge #1)
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • 72 Hours (Devlin Group, #1)
New York Times bestselling author JoAnn Ross has written around a hundred novels for a bunch of publishers. Two of her titles have been excerpted in Cosmopolitan magazine and her books have also been published by the Doubleday, Rhapsody, Literary Guild, and Mystery Guild book clubs.

A member of the Romance Writers of America's Honor Roll of best-selling authors, she's won several awards, including...more
More about JoAnn Ross...
Freefall (High Risk #1) The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1) One Summer (Shelter Bay, #2) On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3) Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)