Start by marking “Simply Green Parties: Simple and resourceful ideas for throwing the perfect celebration, event, or get-together” as Want to Read:

Danny Seo's brand is a way of living that embraces certain rules–Be Authentic, Be Resourceful, Be Simple, Be Unexpected, Be Truthful, and Be an Individual. In Simply Green Parties Danny takes these goals and creates projects that are both thoughtful and sustainable while still being stylish and beautiful. He hopes to inspire you to be a dreamer and a doer.

The book has es

Published June 13th 2006 by William Morrow (first published June 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Simply Green Parties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simply Green Parties

Darby
I really enjoyed the photos/styling of this book. I enjoyed many of the ideas. Seo brings the concept to reduce, recycle and reuse upfront in party planning. Very nice ideas about reusing household items or getting items at thrift stores to repurpose for party decor. Many of the ideas are very chic and can be adapted to fit your needs.

Okay so the bad things....There were some things I didn't get why he felt they were green. I mean there shouldn't be a lot of trash after a green party. And he sug
Kristina
Jan 04, 2008 Kristina rated it liked it
Sao has some very nice ideas about reusing household items for party decor, as well as some good ideas about sourcing items from thrift stores. Some of his other ideas though are rather over the top and I don't know anyone with THAT much free time. A few of the ideas are also very cost prohibitive, though most are reasonable. I think that you'd have to have a ton of junk around the house to put together some of his ideas. Some nice ideas, but nothing completely fresh. Check this one out from the ...more
Jen
If you're trying to save the environment but love to throw parties, this is a great resource. One big piece people forget in the recycling world is the whole "reuse" bit, and this has some great ideas on how to reuse some common items. I like how the author mentions that he's using stuff that can be found in regular communities, so you don't have to get items at specialty stores.
Lisa
Jan 10, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
Simply Green Parties was not as useful to me as Simply Green Giving. It did have some great ideas, though.
Carissa
Apr 28, 2008 Carissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, non-fiction
this is a nice little book about different party ideas that loosely center around organic, recycled and green projects. it’s got attractive photos and some unique ideas.
Erika
May 02, 2008 Erika rated it liked it
Some good ideas, but he sort of misses the whole "footprint" thing - doesn't really consider the entire impact of industrial organic and Twizzlers...
Kelly
Jan 18, 2008 Kelly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Eco-conscious event planners/brides
I actually used this book to help plan my wedding, and I borrowed quite a few of the ideas from it.
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2010
JENNIFER
JENNIFER rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Emily Baker
Emily Baker rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Geanna
Geanna rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2008
Laura H
Laura H rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2008
Dani
Dani rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2007
Anandi
Anandi rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Janie Zekkou
Janie Zekkou rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Aynsley Anderson
Aynsley Anderson rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2011
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2009
Ame
Mar 13, 2009 Ame is currently reading it
Treasure candles!
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
sheri
sheri rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Kelley
Kelley rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Caitlyn
Caitlyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2012
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2009
Sarah rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2010
Susanna
Susanna rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2008
Carrie N.
Carrie N. rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2011
Stephanie Williams
Stephanie Williams rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2009