Start by marking “Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity (Knuffle Bunny, #2)” as Want to Read:
Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity (Knuffle Bunny, #2)

Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity (Knuffle Bunny #2)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  22,384 Ratings  ·  700 Reviews
Trixie can't wait to bring her one-of-a-kind Knuffle Bunny to school and show him off to everyone. But when she gets there, she sees something awful: Sonja has the same bunny. Suddenly, Knuffle Bunny doesn't seem so one-of-a-kind anymore. Chaos ensues until the bunnies are taken away by Ms. Greengrove. After school, Trixie finally gets her beloved bunny back. But in the mi ...more
Published September 4th 2007 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Knuffle Bunny Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knuffle Bunny Too

midnightfaerie
Sep 05, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I seriously can not speak highly enough of Mo Willems. This author explores new areas and has unique and unusual ways of connecting with children and with adult's with a child's heart. I love his book. This Caldecott winner shows it's originality too in the illustrations which are a combination of photographs and drawn in cartoons of the characters. It makes for a fun and unique experience for both child and adult. Again, both my 5 yr old and my twin 3 yr olds are enchanted with Willems and this ...more
Liz
Oct 30, 2009 Liz rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children ages 3-6
Shelves: lis-565
In this sequel to Knuffle Bunny Trixie is older and really talking, a lot. She is excited for her first day of pre-K and to show Knuffle Bunny to her new classmates. Looking across the room Trixie sees Sonja and suddenly Kuffle Bunny isn't so one of a kind any more. She and Sonja don't get along very well and the Knuffle Bunnies get taken away by the teacher, Ms. Greengrove. Things look up when Ms. Greengrove returns the bunnies at the end of the day until 2:30 in the morning when Trixie realize ...more
Kaethe
12/20/2007, 7/12/2008 Thankfully, Willems seems to be keeping up with the PandaBat's developmental milestones pretty well.

She loves it.

Everyone still loves it.

Library copy.
Philip
Dec 28, 2012 Philip rated it really liked it
Mo Willems is the current children's book Juggernaut. It seems all of his books are hits. His Pigeon books are hilarious. His Elephant and Piggie series: brilliant.

Of his oeuvre though, I contend that the Knuffle Bunny series is the best. Of the 3 books, 2 won the Caldecott Medal.

So, we read all three in order tonight. Here is Eleanor's review for the second book:

Me: How many stars?

E: Dad? Can I tell you something really quick? Dad?

Me: Yeah?

E: Today... ummmm... since... I didn't like that they f
Ronyell
“Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity” is a great sequel to Mo Willems’ popular book “Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale.” In this adventure, Trixie enjoys her first day of school and showing off her Knuffle Bunny to everyone in her class until she comes home and realizes that something is wrong. “Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity” is a brilliant sequel about true friendship that children will enjoy as much as they enjoyed the first “Knuffle Bunny” book.

Mo Willems has done i
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
I didn't care for Knuffle Bunny at all, so I didn't expect to like this one. To my surprise, this was a cute story that I really enjoyed. I loved the illustrations, especially the expressions on people's faces. Great book!
Bernice
Oct 07, 2009 Bernice rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I listened to the non-print version of this story, which was on audio CD. I recently discovered this section at my local library. To be honest..it was funny to hear that I have been pronouncing "Knuffle" incorrectly!!

Knuffle Bunny is an adorable story of a young girl and her beloved stuffed bunny. This picture book combines the use of photography and painting in its illustrations. The backdrop are photographs of the setting of the story, whereas the characters are lighthearted and reflected by t
Laura Brenneisen
Title: Knuffle Bunny Too By: Mo Willems Copyright: 2007 Number of Pages: 42 Lit Require: Author study

This book is adorable. It's about a little girl named Trixie who thinks to have a one-of-a-kind Knuffle bunny, when little does she know someone in her class has the same one. A series of unfortunate events occur during her first day of school and Trixie ends up having the wrong bunny in her possession and immediately goes to tell her dad at 2:30 a.m. and insists she gets her doll back ASAP! Once
Sarah Sammis
Nov 05, 2007 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc
Knuffle Bunny Too is the sequel to Knuffle Bunny. I have not read the first in the series but having so enjoyed the sequel I will keep my eyes out for the original.

Knuffle Bunny is the favorite toy of a now preschool aged Trixie. She takes her beloved bunny to preschool to show to all her classmates.

Unfortunately for Trixie, her Knuffle isn't the only one! Her preschool friend has one too! Then an even more horrible thing happens, the teacher mixes up the Knuffle bunnies and no one notices until
babyhippoface
Mar 27, 2008 babyhippoface rated it really liked it
Trixie knows there's only ONE Knuffle Bunny, but Sonja bring another bunny that looks almost exactly like Knuffle Bunny to Pre-K! (Only that's one's a girl, apparently--pink ears, eensy bow.) This cannot be good....

I read this to several classes of kids this week, from Pre-K up to 2nd grade, and they all loved it. They noticed the "switch" right off the bat, and were very involved in the story. I think they all have a Knuffle Bunny of sorts, be it a doll or a Transformer, and they know they feel
Kris
Sep 09, 2015 Kris rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Trixie is so excited to take her one-of-a-kind Knuffle Bunny to show all her friends at school. But when she gets there, she discovers that another girl has a Knuffle Bunny too! This leads to bad feelings, arguments over whether the "K" is silent, and finally, a teacher - instituted bunny timeout. After the girls get their bunnies back and go home, after they are (not so) sound asleep, they realize that they both have the wrong bunny! This leads to 2 am phone calls and a bunny transfer worthy of ...more
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
Dec 27, 2011 Randie D. Camp, M.S. rated it really liked it
Knuffle Bunny and Trixie are back. This time, Trixie is taking her one-of-a-kind bunny to school...only another girl has the same bunny! The teacher takes the bunnies from the girls for the morning but returns them in the afternoon. Trixie plays with her bunny at recess and soon it is time to go home and even sooner it's time for bed. At 2:30 a.m., Trixie discovers that she has the wrong bunny. Daddy talks to the other girl's Daddy and they venture out into the city to exchange bunnies. Knuffle ...more
L-Angelica Herrera-Vest
Caldecott Honor book, Knuffle Bunny Too, by Mo Willems, is just as good as the first Knuffle Bunny book I read. Trixie is now in pre-k and still loves her Knuffle Bunny. The book is about how a friendship develops after a dilemma around a mistaken identity occurs. The combination of comic book characters and real life pictures of New York make this book visually entertaining, and is the reason I enjoyed the story so much. This book would appeal to primary school children at a read aloud time.
Luann
Jul 17, 2008 Luann rated it really liked it
I love the mix of photos and sketches. It's an interesting idea for illustrations that could turn out really weird, but Willems executes it beautifully. I think I read the first Knuffle Bunny too quickly to really appreciate the illustrations. I spent more time with Knuffle Bunny Too and enjoyed finding all the fun sketches in the backgrounds of the photos.
Kirstin Kemppainen
Trixie cannot wait to show her favorite Knuffle Bunny to all her friends in Pre-K! Whenever she gets to school though, she sees that Sonya has also brought a Knuffle Bunny for show and tell! The day does not go so well for either girl, and the teacher takes their Knuffle Bunnies away after an argument.It was a good book to use to talk about sharing and understanding of others feelings.
Kathryn
Feb 05, 2015 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of my new all-time favorites; no wonder it's a Caldecott Honor book. My co-worker and I both laughed out loud as we read it, and I plan to take it to our staff meeting later today for a light-hearted interlude (I work in a library, so it's all good). I've decided this is one I MUST own.
April Helms
Feb 18, 2008 April Helms rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children
On her first day of school, Trixie discovers her special, unique Kniffle Bunny may not be so unique after all. In the adventures and mishaps that follow, Trixie learns about friendship. Love the illustrations -- the colorful people over the monotone pictures.
Emkoshka
May 29, 2014 Emkoshka rated it liked it
The deliciously wry humour in the Knuffle Bunny books makes them as enjoyable a read for adults as for kids; perhaps more so! Mo Willems captures the quirkiness of childhood so well, no more than in the epilogue. Perfect!
Dolly
Nov 08, 2008 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
A very cute sequel to Knuffle Bunny that involves a slightly older little girl, a trip to school (Pre-K) and a case of mistaken identity. Fun story that is illustrated in the same manner as the original.
elissa
Nov 01, 2007 elissa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents and preschoolers
Hilarious! Almost as funny as the first one. The dads, girls and bunnies meeting up in the middle of the night at Grand Army Plaza might not have been the safest thing, but it was certainly funny.
Kelly
Jun 02, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it
Can't get knuffle.
Jan 08, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Initial thoughts after reading (found in a notebook): It was pretty good.
Rainey
Sep 13, 2015 Rainey rated it really liked it
These books are pretty much the cutest.
Inspired Kathy
Jan 30, 2009 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it
I love the illustration in this book! Trixie loves her knuffle bunny!
Erin Lynn
Mar 14, 2015 Erin Lynn rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
What a cute read for kids. I loved the story and how it caused a friendship. :)
Laurie
Dec 21, 2014 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Tarah Denardo
Dec 03, 2016 Tarah Denardo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: award-winning
Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity, by Mo Willems

Summary:
Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity is a continuation of Trixie’s growth with Knuffle by her side. This time, she takes him to school and immediately realizes that her classmate Sonja has the same Knuffle Bunny! As the other Knuffle Bunny stories go, he ends up missing, and Trixie eventually realizes that she ended up with the wrong Knuffle Bunny!

Review:
Just like the other Knuffle Bunny books by Mo Willems, this one
Drew Graham
Dec 15, 2016 Drew Graham rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Trixie has grown up a little, but she still depends on her best friend, beloved Knuffle Bunny. She's upset when she goes to school and finds out her pal might not really be one of a kind, but when a crisis hits she realizes (as do her parents in the wee hours of the morn) just how important KB is to her.

I don't feel like I can relate to this chapter of KB as much as than the first one (at least not yet...), but it's definitely still a story that parents can understand. Make sure you have YOUR Kn
Maria Victoria
Dec 09, 2016 Maria Victoria rated it really liked it
Shelves: ed-230
The book was about a girl named Trixie and her knuffle bunny who she thought was one of a kind and she was really excited to show it off in her preschool classroom. She realized it wasn't one of a kinda because her classmate Sonja had the exact same bunny and that was when they began to argue which caused their teacher to take them away. At the end of the day they got their bunnies back but it wasn't until bed time when both girls realized they got the wrong bunny and they met up around 2:30am a ...more
Rosa Cline
Jan 19, 2017 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, bedtime, 2017
She was so excited to show of her very unique Knuffle bunny at preK but she saw another little girl with one too! They fight all day until the teacher takes the Knuffle bunnies away at the end of the day she gives them back but neither girl sees they got the wrong one until suddenly at 2:30 in the morning they then realize they don't have their own Knuffle Bunny! A story of how best friends came to be.
Thanks` 3 25 Mar 24, 2013 04:55PM
  • A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever
  • First the Egg (Caldecott Honor Book and Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Book (Awards))
  • Coming On Home Soon
  • Ella Sarah Gets Dressed
  • Interrupting Chicken
  • The Hello, Goodbye Window
  • Red Sings from Treetops: A Year in Colors
  • Grandpa Green
  • A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams
  • What Do You Do With a Tail Like This?
  • All the World
  • Zen Shorts
  • Henry's Freedom Box: A True Story from the Underground Railroad
  • Yo! Yes?
  • Hot Air: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Hot-Air Balloon Ride
  • A Visitor for Bear (Bear and Mouse, #1)
  • Scaredy Squirrel (Scaredy Squirrel)
  • How I Learned Geography
#1 New York Times Bestselling author and illustrator Mo Willems is best known for his Caldecott Honor winning picture books Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Knuffle Bunny: a cautionary tale.

In addition to such picture books as Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Edwina the Dinosaur Who Didn’t Know She Was Extinct, and Time to Pee, Mo has created the Elephant and Piggie books, a series of early r
More about Mo Willems...

Knuffle Bunny (3 books)
  • Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (Knuffle Bunny, #1)
  • Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion (Knuffle Bunny, #3)