Start by marking “Father Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Father Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6.5)

Father Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood #6.5)

4.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  29,648 Ratings  ·  1,117 Reviews
Readers met and fell in love with Zsadist and Bella in J. R. Ward's third New York Times bestselling novel in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Lover Awakened.

As a former blood slave, Zsadist bore the scars from a past filled with suffering and degradation until Bella came along and helped heal his emotional wounds. Now, though, with the birth of their child, the demons
Published October 7th 2008 by NAL

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A beautiful novella about Z and Bella having difficulties in their marriage, and finally we see some closure for Z.
I cried about 3-4 times and absolutely loved the ending.
Simply amazing, not to be missed!
Lisa Jayne
Jun 08, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it it was amazing
5 ZSADIST STARS.

"You are everything to me."

The heartbreaking tale of Zsadist and the ghosts of his past continue in this novella that to be honest I completely devoured. I loved having an 'extra' glimpse into the family life of Zsadist, Bella and their newborn, Nalla.

Zsadist is my favourite of the black dagger brotherhood, and it goes without saying that I was more than a little excited when I found out this short story was next in the line up.

So what's it about ...
Well, like the title suggest
Pam
Sep 10, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5, steamy-hawt, got-kids, vamps
5 stars
One was his heart and the other a piece of himself, and they completed him by filling voids he didn’t know he had.

I didn’t think I could love Z more than I did in Lover Awakened, but Z finding his place as a father and as a hellren was even better. He is unbelievably strong as a male but so damn fragile at the same time. My heart went out to Bella, how hard it must have been to sit back and watch the two most important people in your life act like strangers. And Nalla, she was a sweet
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

"...having a baby changed everything."
Time, space, feeling emotion...
Everything is affected....

We know Zsadist has demons from his past; will they impact on his role as a Father and a husband?

Bella and Zsadist are still dynamite together, with their passion and their fierce love of one another.
Is that enough to keep them together...???

To see this big strong man with so much fear and emotion was truly touching and very beautiful. I loved reconnecting with them and sharing in their new angst r
Crystal~BIG book addict~
What a great, great novella to follow up my disappointment with Phury's book. Poor Z, you just want to give the guy a hug and tell him it will be okay.

Zsadist is having problems transitioning into fatherhood. Bella feels neglected and even Nalla is noticing her father's distance from her. He can't get past all of the evil The Mistress did to him. Can he get past his nightmares to become the husband and father that the women in his life need?

“I’m so sorry. I love you. Please forgive me. Can’t li
Amy (Foxy)
Jun 09, 2014 Amy (Foxy) rated it really liked it
**4.5 Baby Daddy stars**

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, Z!

Read this just in time for Father's Day(June 15, 2014). Z is a daddy now and not the most confident dad in the world. But as he faces his nightmares he becomes just what Nalla needs: '...she needed him-and not just to protect her. She needed him to love her too.'

A quick book that helped get me back in the mood for BDB after my disappointment with Phury's book.

SERIES:
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12) by J.R. Ward The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward
To find out when The Shadows will be released and if there will be mor
Anna
Jun 05, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
I love the idea of Novellas ....it feeds my GREED for more ....when I close a book and I don't want a story to end..............

FIRST COMES LOVE.....then comes marriage....

THEN COMES BABY......AND I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I GET ALL SWOONY OVER BIG HULK-FORCE MEN THAT ARE A PILE OF GOO-GOO-GA-GA.....FOR A TINY LITTLE BEAUTIFUL SOUL

Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***5 Stars***

WARNING : Spoilers ahead if you haven't read Lover Awakened.

After I finished Z's book, I just had to jump into this novella. Typically I have a hard time jumping around in a series, but there was no way I could pass up more Zsadist and Bella.

The novella provided a fantastic look into their lives. The struggles of adjusting to their new family, Z's apprehension and fear of dirtying his beautifully pure daughter, all his demons coming back full force with the realization that she'll
Beverly
Jun 08, 2014 Beverly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, series
* * * * * 5 Z-antastic Stars * * * * *

This little jewel tells the story of Zadist and Bella after Nalla is born.

Zadist has become completely wrapped up in taking care of Bella and her baby.

Her baby?

I know what your thinking, it takes two to make a thing go right

Well, Z is having some issues coming to terms with Nalla and being a father. Don’t worry we do not have another Phury situation, Z actually works through his issues and communicates with Bella.

All in all this is a great little novella
Elizabeth
"Their love had seemed like it would be enough to get them through everything. Maybe it wasn’t."

description

Father Mine is a beautifully crafted novella following the aftermath of the birth of Nalla (Bella and Zsadist's baby girl). Z's nightmares have resurfaced. Bella is struggling with being a new mom. Overall, things seem to be a mess. Bella has tried everything to bring Z back from the dark. Despite her best efforts, things aren't getting any better. She decides she and Nalla need to leave.

As the plot
Christy

After marriage and a baby, life isn’t always a happily ever after.

This was such a beautiful novella about Zsadist and Bella. A quick read, but a powerful read. I think I cried almost the whole time I was reading this... sad tears, happy tears... there will be tears.
‘I love you... Please don’t leave me.’

Z is one of my favorite brothers, and I love his shellan, Bella. A must read novella for all BDB
Mel
Jun 29, 2010 Mel rated it really liked it
A sweet little story about Zsadist coming to terms with fatherhood.
Ward did an excellent job of portraying both Zsadist's and Bella's insecurities about their new roles in life.
Bella is like we've come to know (and love) her: both understanding and tough, while trying to guide Zsadist. The secondary characters -Doc Jane, Mary and Dr Franklin- played small but very important roles in helping Zsadist realize his past doesn't have to influence his future.
An excellent addition to the Black Dagger
Jilly
Jan 11, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it
A short story about Zsadist and Bella right after they had Nalla. I like that we see Z still struggling with his past. It isn't realistic to think that someone can immediately heal after so many years of abuse and then reactive self-protection. You can also see both sides of their story really well. Bella is going through a lot with a new baby and a broken husband. She wins a lot of points for her strength.

Pilar ☽
Aaaaw! I've missed Bella and Zsadist so much! I loved this one, I'm so glad J.R. Ward wrote a short book about my favorite couple and Brother. After finishing Lover Awakened I just couldn't get enough of them. I don't know why I haven't read this before, how could I ignore Zsadist as a father? By the way, that was SO cute and heartwarming! God, I'm so obsessed with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, I'll probably read the next book now. Once you start with this series, there's no going back.
P.Z.
May 27, 2015 P.Z. rated it it was amazing
Father Mine เปนเรืองของซาดิสทและเบลลา ในเลม Lover Awakened ซาดิสทไดเอาชนะอดีตของเขาเพือทีจะมอบความรักใหกับเบลลาผูเปนเชลแลนของเขาจนได พอมาในเลมนี ซาดิสทกตองพยายามตอสูกับอดีตเพือทีจะสามารถรักลูกสาวของเขาใหไดเชนเดียวกัน

ไมคิดวาคนอยางซาดิสทเวลาหลงลูกสาวนีจะนารักเอามากๆ ตอนแรกกไมกลาอุมลูกตัวเองเพราะความอับอายในอดีตของเขา จนกระทังตอนซีสังขอความไปหาเบลลาวา “I’m so sorry. I love you. Please forgive me. Can’t live without you.” นำตาเราแทบไหล คือในเนือเรืองมันบิวทมาดีมากและรูวาทังคูมีปัญหากันจริงๆ ถึงเบลลา
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Reread: I really am in a novel nostalgic mood because I keep rereading books that are my favorite. I almost never really reread. Not to mention, I'm not a fan of J.R.Ward, in fact I don't like her books. However, Zsadist and Bella captured the hell out of my heart. Their book is like the pinnacle of a tortured hero redemption book. Its one of the best stories I have ever read. This little novella just cemented that belief. I love how JR keeps it real. Zsadist and Bella have a hell of a time try ...more
Ren
Happily Ever After is not finished after marriage, and I absolutely agree with this!!

Note : Must read Lover Awakened first, so you will understand Father Mine.

I really love this story. In Father Mine, J.R.Ward tell Zsadist's worry on his daughter Nalla and Bella's feeling. Bella feel Zsadist was so distant from her.

Zsadist still have his trauma because his past with Mistress. He doesn't want Nalla to know his cruel past,and he think he can't be a good father to her. He can't touch Nalla, and alw
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 10, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing
description

BDB Fans this novella is not to be skipped!

Father Mine is less than ninety pages and held so much heart break, love and hope.

This female cried sad tears and happy tears as my favorite couple of the brotherhood struggled with the scars of their past and the beauty of their present.

”Of all the places she’d ever been, this was the best one. Right here. With the two of them.”

”Yes he felt exactly the same. This was his favorite place, too.”

SWOON.... I JUST LOVED IT!!!
Cherie
Mar 08, 2009 Cherie rated it it was amazing
Joyzi
I've actually read this from the The Black Dagger Brotherhood An Insider's Guide by J.R. Wardwhich I'm currently reading right now but I'd already finished the Father Mine story.

I'd like to say that if you'd love Zsadist you'd definitely love this. I don't know if I'm weird or I'm just really weird that when it came to Z I felt that my heart was melting every time I've read about his struggles and how he's so tortured on the inside. And honestly I did cry on this book, really what's wrong with me? o.O I'm not really a usual crier so that's really is some
Nana
Wow!! There are no words to express how much I loved this little novella about Zsadist and Bella! I didn't think I could love Z any more, but boy was I wrong!

This was a little glimpse into Z and Bella's life after the birth of their daughter. Things are not perfect at first, but the road to their version of perfection was heart wrenching and beautiful at the same time.

description

There was so much emotion packed into this 90 page novella, that my heart was literally bursting throughout the entire thing...
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Nov 01, 2013 Camila, the opinionated Catruler rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: BDB fans
FIRST HALF

SECOND HALF
MELISSA
Oct 19, 2013 MELISSA rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful novella that continued Z's story with Bella & Nalla. I loved seeing him as a father & getting more Z!!! He is just perfection & continues to be my favorite brother of the BDB! :)))

-Your shellan is the beating heart in your chest. More than that, even. She's your body and your skin and your mind...everything you ever were and ever will be.-Wrath

-"You are everything to me."

-Z's face melted into an absolute glow of love, the fierce concentration draining from his e
Kari
Sep 05, 2013 Kari rated it it was amazing

description

I loved this short novella about Zhadist, Bella and Nalla, reading about how our toughest warrior deals with fatherhood. Great to watch Z and Bella together again, and how Z's heart opens up to the new little woman in his life. Very sweet!

Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️
Zsadist has always been my favorite black dagger brother.
His and Bella's story was absolutely freaking fabulous.
I loved Zsadist because he was such a broken soul but had the most love to give.
Bella brings that love out of him.
She makes him feel loved and whole.
What I really love most about this series, besides the hot sex, is to these men, their Shellans are their entire universe.
Their Shellans truly do complete them and they take pride in caring for their Shellans.

I also loved that Bella, despi
Jonel Boyko
Oct 30, 2015 Jonel Boyko rated it really liked it
This novella was short, sweet, and to the point. Ward returns readers to the world of the BDB with the same in your face writing that we’ve come to know and love from her while also giving readers a chance to revisit one of my favourite couples and get to know them on a much more personal level. I quite enjoyed this quick divergence from the usual action packed, gritty lives of the men of the BDB. Seeing Z in the home setting, dealing with the aftermath of his life while caught up in the current ...more
Caz Malpas
5 THE BEST IN THE SERIES SO FAR STARS!!!!!!
Ginger *Protégée extraordinaire and Kool-Aid mixer*
This was a sweet novella about Z and Bella and their new little one, Nalla.
Most of the BDB fans out there love Z. This was an excellent check in with him to see how he is doing.
Well, he isn't doing so well.
I didn't care much for Bella when I read Z's book. She was too sweet and fragile. After reading Father Mine, I decided she is an excellent fit for Z.

I think Ward should write more short/novella's. She does an excellent job when she makes her words count.
  • Jabril (Vampires in America, #2)
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica #5.7)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Dead After Dark (Companion #6.5; Dark Hunterverse #15.6; Belador #0.5; Were-Hunter #3.5; )
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld #3.5)
  • Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2)
20248
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.
More about J.R. Ward...

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)

“Hey, what are you doing, little one? You want more? You are just too much . . . you . . . oh, no . . . not the quivering lip . . . oh, no.” Nalla let out a giggle.
“Outrageous! You want more, and you know you’re going to get what you want because of The Lip. Jeez, you’ve got your father wrapped around your little finger, don’t you.”
76 likes
“...he knew on some level he changed the course of his life. And you could do that, couldn't you, he thought as he put the RAZR back in his pocket. you could choose some paths and not others. Not always, of course. At times destiny just drove you to a destination and dropped your ass off and that was that. But on occasion you were able to pick the address. And if you had half a brain, no matter how hard it was or how wierd it felt, you went into the house.
And found yourself.”