Start by marking “George Washington Carver: Teacher, Scientist, and Inventor” as Want to Read:
George Washington Carver: Teacher, Scientist, and Inventor

George Washington Carver: Teacher, Scientist, and Inventor

Born into slavery, George Washington Carver fought adversity to educate himself. Find out how this teacher not only improved the way people farmed, but introduced the world to more than 300 uses for the peanut.
Published September 1st 2007 by Picture Window Books (first published July 2007)

To ask other readers questions about George Washington Carver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about George Washington Carver

Meagan
Feb 26, 2011 Meagan rated it liked it
I read this to my first graders this week as a way of introducing our study of George Washington Carver. I liked this book best out of the many children's biographies of him available at the library because of it's relative brevity and a good-for-first-grade text to picture ratio, as well as its serious, respectful, and level-appropriate treatment of the tougher issues of slavery and discrimination.
Allison Burke
This is a great book about George Washington Carver. It has many pictures and it’s not hard for younger students to understand. I would use this book when teaching about plants and how plants are used in everyday life. I would use it for showing how scientists observe plants. This book could be used for teaching kindergarten through fourth grade.
Margaret Boling
6/15/11 ** Picture book biography; does an excellent job portraying the behaviors of scientists as it describes Carver's curiosity and passion for solving problems to help others.
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2013
Thomas
Thomas rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2011
Beverly Kennett
Beverly Kennett rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2012
Sofia
Sofia rated it really liked it
May 01, 2015
Violet B
Violet B rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2017
Yasmin
Yasmin marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Naomi Benson
Naomi Benson marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Alicia Lou
Alicia Lou marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
NES Library
NES Library marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Ankit Goyal
Ankit Goyal marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Christine Kelcher
Christine Kelcher marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016