Start by marking “Isaiah Decoded: Ascending the Ladder to Heaven” as Want to Read:
Isaiah Decoded: Ascending the Ladder to Heaven

Isaiah Decoded: Ascending the Ladder to Heaven

For the first time, a Bible scholar fully integrates the Old and New Testaments. Dr. Avraham Gileadi reveals the Book of Isaiah as the key to these two seemingly incompatible books of scripture, taking both to an unprecedented level of understanding. Hitherto unseen literary features change the rules for interpreting the prophecy of Isaiah, showing it to be an allegory of ...more
Published September 1st 2002 by Hebraeus Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Isaiah Decoded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isaiah Decoded

Audrey L
May 06, 2011 Audrey L rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. It is incredibly helpful in understanding Isaiah. The author was trained in Jerusalem in Hebrew schools before he became LDS. He has a very unique perspective because of his education. His book shows how the structure of Isaiah is like a ladder that shows you how to ascend toward God or descend toward Satan.

There are a few times in the Book of Mormon where we are told to study Isaiah. Nephi was trying to tell us about what would happen before Christ came in the last
Apr 26, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of this book. I just picked it up to read for the second time. I am again awestruck by how illuminating this book is about the Book of Isaiah. I find the book very motivating.

As described on widipedia -- Avraham Gileadi is a Latter-day Saint Old Testament scholar specializing in the Book of Isaiah. He was born in Holland, went to Rabbinical school in Israel, then moved to the United States and converted to Mormonism. He received his doctorate in Ancient Studies and taught for so
Dec 29, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Got this for Christmas from Pete. I'd looked over Gileadi's writings before but this was a perfect match for my current comprehension. I've long and consistently tried to study Isaiah because of the recommendation and quotations from almost every prophet since, including Christ himself, but found it difficult. Gileadi opens the whole book up in simple and comprehendable language. The path way to God as presented by Isaiah became clear and simple and matched with my personal journey in life. Love ...more
Nov 02, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was ok
This book was not written as I had anticipated. Rather than following Isaiah from chapter to chapter, it talked about the symbolism used to convey an overarching theme. I didn't feel it was very revealing or exciting but by the time I reached the end of the book, I was very clear on the message of the book. Now as I read Isaiah on my own, I can see some of the message. Interesting!!!
May 28, 2013 Deila rated it it was amazing
This is a book to be read more than once. Each time I read it, I see new things, new light and understanding. It's a great book to understand the lows in your life. And how those humiliating difficult times can lead to a higher level. Those descents in life are tough to bear.
Jun 30, 2009 Bigmg rated it really liked it
Very interesting insight. The four dimensional approach to understanding Isaiah and other biblical writings has helped greatly.
Nov 06, 2011 Carol rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. I found it fascinating and a new overlook of Isaiah and his teachings about covenants, God's purposes, and our path back to God.
Chris Condie
Jul 15, 2016 Chris Condie rated it liked it
Way too repetitive. There were some interesting insights but not enough - nor was it written in an analytical style - that would cause me to want to read any of his other books.
Nov 10, 2010 Macay is currently reading it
I'm only a couple of chapters in, but it is already increasing my understanding of this wonderful prophet. More later...
Steven Montgomery
Steven Montgomery rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2009
Zachary rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2008
Jim Nebeker
Jim Nebeker rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Michael rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2011
Brett Folkman
Brett Folkman rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Charyce rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2010
Mark Miller
Mark Miller rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2010
Rob rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Dutch rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2010
Wyldn rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2013
James rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Ann rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2010
donewithdora rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2015
thaabit rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Steve Anderson
Steve Anderson rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Easton rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2012
Gale rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Felicia rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2013
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2011
Jeff rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Joslin rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2009