Start by marking “I Don't Know Much About Wine...But I Know What I Like” as Want to Read:
I Don't Know Much About Wine...But I Know What I Like

I Don't Know Much About Wine...But I Know What I Like

Simon Woods tackles an often stuffy subject with light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek insight while providing useful information on buying, drinking, and enjoying wine. The book describes how to spot a grape variety as against a wine style, the difference between a good wine deal and a bad wine deal, and where to shop for that special occasion. From wine on the web to impressing ...more
Published January 1st 2004 by Mitchell Beazley

Be the first to ask a question about I Don't Know Much About Wine...But I Know What I Like

Mark Oppenlander
This pocket-sized book is an entertaining guide to the world of wine. In 50 short chapters, English wine critic Simon Woods walks the novice through the basics of wine production, wine tasting, grape varietals, wine glasses, pricing and much, much more. What could be a dry or didactic text proves fun and witty when delivered in the clever (and sometimes sarcastic) voice of Woods.

I'm not sure if this is a good book to read straight through - I read it in small chunks and still felt overloaded wit
Kari
Mar 09, 2013 Kari rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
So, I am going on a wine country trip to California in a few months, and so i have decided to brush up on my wine knowledge. I'm not seeking in-depth knowledge, just to enhance the enjoyment I get out of it. You might see several wine book reviews pop up in the next two months!

What I liked about this book: I do know more than I think I know! The important thing to do is relax, sip, and sample a diversity of wines. How else do you figure out what you like best?

This is the type of research I can r
Christopher Obert
Feb 16, 2015 Christopher Obert rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-2008
A great book, I really enjoyed it. It was informative and entertaining. Everything a good nonfiction book should be. If you are curious about wine, this is a excellent first book to read. Two thumbs up.
Juan
Jan 11, 2010 Juan rated it liked it
The tittle doesn't clarify to much the content because "much" for Woods implies A LOT so the suggestions and jokes can be useless because of the wrong assumptions.
Nevertheless you can find good tips and nice comments to make during a party.
Farzana
Farzana rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2008
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2008
Steven LaVey
Steven LaVey rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
G.H. Guzik
G.H. Guzik rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2008
Matthew Coates
Matthew Coates rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Janice Green
Janice Green rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Campbell
Campbell rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Farran
Farran rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2008
John
John rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2010
Daryl
Daryl rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Simon
Simon rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2014
Anisa
Anisa marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2008
Joe
Joe added it
Jan 25, 2009
Lee Anne
Lee Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Mary
Mary is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2015
Sonia Zhang
Sonia Zhang marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016