Start by marking “I'm Telling: A Novel” as Want to Read:
I'm Telling: A Novel

I'm Telling: A Novel

Faith Freeman has a secret: When she was eleven years old, she caught her stepfather molesting her twin sister, Hope. Years later, Faith is a successful literary agent. Her twin, addled by drugs and prostitution, struggles through life on the Harlem streets. When Hope seems to have set her sights on Faith's man, the tender bonds of sisterhood are cruelly tested. Will the t ...more
Published July 7th 2003 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Telling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Telling

Williams
Jun 10, 2015 Williams rated it it was amazing
This book had me in tears the twins LOVED each other but the rape,the drugs and secrets messed up there relationship.I would recommend this book to those who haven't read it
Kesia Alexandra
Dec 19, 2014 Kesia Alexandra rated it it was ok
I might have given this book another half star if the main character hadn't been a literary agent.
This book held so much promise but it just wasn't executed right. The story is told from the perspective of Faith, who is not the sister that was molested when she was younger. She isn't in her mother's position of dealing with a weight/health problem and men that are using her. She's not even in her coworkers position with a failing relationship. Faith has a great job, a nice husband, can afford f
Shelley
Apr 04, 2012 Shelley rated it liked it
This story had a very good premise, but was not executed well.

The main character is Faith, who when she was younger, witnessed her stepfather sexually molesting her twin sister, Hope.

Fast forward to when they are adults, Faith is a successful book editor with a loving boyfriend named Henry. Hope, on the other hand, has spent much of her time out on the streets, doing whatever she can to get drugs. Their mother takes Hope in, but throws her out once she catches Hope sleeping with the mother's bo
Aone
Feb 02, 2010 Aone rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Yanna
Taymeya
Dec 12, 2014 Taymeya is currently reading it
I'm Telling is a very good book it's talks about two twin sisters Faith and Hope.When they were eleven years old Faith use to caught her step father molesting her twin sister Hope. Faith could never understand why her sister never told. Faith always wanted to tell there mother but was a afarid on how there mother would react to what she told her. Years later, the girls are grown and this terrible secret is still bottled up in Faith. The step father levaes there mother and Faith moves out and is ...more
Natasha
Sep 26, 2011 Natasha rated it really liked it
I felt the story was deep, touching on child molestation and the demons that follow you into your adult years. Not only the victim but those closely affected. I enjoyed the story and closeness within the family despite all the hurt and anger they were carrying. Although I would have liked to get a little more of the details with the troubled twin Hope leading up to her receiving help at the end of the book, that missing part left me feeling a little jipped. Overall the story was really good.
Brooklyn Donne
Oct 20, 2010 Brooklyn Donne rated it really liked it
Hope, Faith and Miss Irene all had issues and their faults. Faith was trying to be a good sister, but she also was an enabler. Her sister knew she would save her from whatever situation, so why not get into it if you could get out? I mean what would we do if we knew we could get away with it? I'm ashamed to say, I would do a few things!

Either way, the ending felt a bit rushed and too forgiving, but hey whatever. I still liked it.
DeshawnaWillingham
Oct 24, 2016 DeshawnaWillingham rated it it was amazing
this was a great book ! the thing i liked most about it is that faith always had her sister back no matter how crazy hope was she was always their; even after hope lied and said her and herney slept together her sister still had her back. the thing i didnt like most was how the mom seemed like she was uncomfortable with the way she looked n stuff. but other than that it was great book.
Kerlicia
Aug 20, 2009 Kerlicia added it
Recommends it for: urban readers or people who like urban tales
Recommended to Kerlicia by: my friend jamecia
this book is amazing. i would literally be cracking up in class over this book.The scenes in this book are so descriptive and detailed,it felt as if i was watching a movie inside my head...thats how desciptive this book is. I LOOOVE THIS BOOK!!!
Jaiebelle
Jan 09, 2016 Jaiebelle rated it it was ok
This novel was not executed to my liking. The ending was the best part to me. The majority of the book seems to be the entire build up that most likely provoked you picking up the book, and sadly the moment is gone just as quick as a page turn.
Karen Preston
Mar 24, 2008 Karen Preston rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
This book was a quick read. The characters are just barely interesting enough to get through to the end. I only own it because I got it free from work a few years ago. It was just something to read in the tub.
Stasha
May 25, 2010 Stasha rated it liked it
It was a nice story, about twin sisters who have a particular issue that has been hanging over their heads since their childhood...although I still felt that the issue was not dealt with in the way which I expected, at least there was a happy ending.
Tia
Aug 27, 2011 Tia rated it it was ok
I randomly picked this book up from the library. It lacked character development and it was a tad bit all over the place. The title of the book is what caught my attention; but overall, the book was just ok. I expected tons more.
Eartha Hicks
May 19, 2016 Eartha Hicks rated it it was amazing
Years ago. With good writing, as a reader I can pick apart what I like about the story as opposed to having been distracted by the writing. Her writing is tight. I did not care for the subject amtter, but the author wrote the heck out of it...so...Kudos!
Zandra
Jan 04, 2012 Zandra rated it it was ok
This book wasn't as good as I thought it would be - it left me a bit disappointed. On a positive note, this is a good book to start a discussion on molestation.
Tracey
Jan 07, 2013 Tracey rated it liked it
It was okay. I suspected the ending half way through the book though there was a few surprising twists to Faith and Hope's story.
Chelsey Wilkes
Jun 09, 2015 Chelsey Wilkes rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story
Joyce
Sep 26, 2008 Joyce rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Joyce by: Karibu Books
This book hit home on so many levels but it is a real tear jerker.
Casheba
Feb 23, 2013 Casheba rated it liked it
it was good
Tasi
Oct 27, 2009 Tasi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
For some reason this is my favorite book. I love how the book flows and i fell in love with the characters and their roles.
Michelle Johnson-lane
Aug 23, 2011 Michelle Johnson-lane rated it really liked it
Great book by Karen E. Quinones Miller. I look forward to reading her first novel - Satin Doll.
Danielle Abisoye
Danielle Abisoye rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2013
Ty Waller
Ty Waller rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2013
GAIL J MOORE
GAIL J MOORE rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2016
Wanda
Wanda rated it really liked it
May 27, 2011
Denise Watson
Denise Watson rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Cassidy
Cassidy rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
KekeJ
KekeJ rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Angella
Angella rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2011
Darlene Johnson
Darlene Johnson rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
  • The Naked Truth
  • Harlem On Lock
  • Ties That Bind
  • Say It Ain't So
Karen E. Quinones Miller is the author of the Essence best selling novels Satin Doll, I’m Telling, Using What You Got, Ida B., (nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work – Fiction), Satin Nights, and Passin’.

Miller was born and raised in Harlem and dropped out of school in the 8th grade, but later finished her education and became a reporter for The Philadelphia Inquirer.

I
More about Karen E. Quinones Miller...