Start by marking “I'm Telling: A Novel” as Want to Read:
I'm Telling: A Novel

I'm Telling: A Novel

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Faith Freeman has a secret: When she was eleven years old, she caught her stepfather molesting her twin sister, Hope. Years later, Faith is a successful literary agent. Her twin, addled by drugs and prostitution, struggles through life on the Harlem streets. When Hope seems to have set her sights on Faith's man, the tender bonds of sisterhood are cruelly tested. Will the t...more
Published July 7th 2003 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Telling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Telling

Shelley
This story had a very good premise, but was not executed well.

The main character is Faith, who when she was younger, witnessed her stepfather sexually molesting her twin sister, Hope.

Fast forward to when they are adults, Faith is a successful book editor with a loving boyfriend named Henry. Hope, on the other hand, has spent much of her time out on the streets, doing whatever she can to get drugs. Their mother takes Hope in, but throws her out once she catches Hope sleeping with the mother's bo...more
Audrey
Feb 17, 2010 Audrey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yanna
Natasha
I felt the story was deep, touching on child molestation and the demons that follow you into your adult years. Not only the victim but those closely affected. I enjoyed the story and closeness within the family despite all the hurt and anger they were carrying. Although I would have liked to get a little more of the details with the troubled twin Hope leading up to her receiving help at the end of the book, that missing part left me feeling a little jipped. Overall the story was really good.
Stasha
It was a nice story, about twin sisters who have a particular issue that has been hanging over their heads since their childhood...although I still felt that the issue was not dealt with in the way which I expected, at least there was a happy ending.
Kerlicia
Aug 20, 2009 Kerlicia added it
Recommends it for: urban readers or people who like urban tales
Recommended to Kerlicia by: my friend jamecia
this book is amazing. i would literally be cracking up in class over this book.The scenes in this book are so descriptive and detailed,it felt as if i was watching a movie inside my head...thats how desciptive this book is. I LOOOVE THIS BOOK!!!
Tia
I randomly picked this book up from the library. It lacked character development and it was a tad bit all over the place. The title of the book is what caught my attention; but overall, the book was just ok. I expected tons more.
Karen Preston
This book was a quick read. The characters are just barely interesting enough to get through to the end. I only own it because I got it free from work a few years ago. It was just something to read in the tub.
Zandra
This book wasn't as good as I thought it would be - it left me a bit disappointed. On a positive note, this is a good book to start a discussion on molestation.
Tasi
For some reason this is my favorite book. I love how the book flows and i fell in love with the characters and their roles.
Tracey Lillard
It was okay. I suspected the ending half way through the book though there was a few surprising twists to Faith and Hope's story.
Michelle Johnson-lane
Great book by Karen E. Quinones Miller. I look forward to reading her first novel - Satin Doll.
Rae~babii
awesome book about twins which i am but im nothing like these twins lol
Joyce
Sep 26, 2008 Joyce rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joyce by: Karibu Books
This book hit home on so many levels but it is a real tear jerker.
Kyoka
one of the very first novels I've read! I enjoyed it very much.
Casheba
it was good
Unique
Unique marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Manuelli Rodriguez
Manuelli Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
manda dorsan
manda dorsan marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
K Nikki  Waden
K Nikki Waden marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
June
June marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Shon
Shon marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Karen E. Quinones Miller is the author of the Essence best selling novels Satin Doll, I’m Telling, Using What You Got, Ida B., (nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work – Fiction), Satin Nights, and Passin’.

Miller was born and raised in Harlem and dropped out of school in the 8th grade, but later finished her education and became a reporter for The Philadelphia Inquirer.

I...more
More about Karen E. Quinones Miller...
Satin Doll Ida B.: A Novel Passin' Using What You Got: A Novel Satin Nights