Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight

The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight (The Berenstain Bears)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  2,290 ratings  ·  43 reviews
"The usually compatible Brother and Sister Bear are fighting--all day long! Mama Bear helps them realize that everyone argues once in a while, even with loved ones."--The Reading Teacher. ...more
Published April 12th 1982 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published April 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight

The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussEli the Minnow and The Coral Cave Adventure by David L. SterlingThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Olivia by Ian Falconer
Childrens
79th out of 107 books — 7 voters
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonHamlet by William ShakespeareThe Godfather by Mario PuzoMacbeth by William Shakespeare
Revenge
123rd out of 209 books — 170 voters

More lists with this book...

Jack
Jack: (cracking up) This is HILARIOUS! Look, the Mom gets so upset she whistles with her fingers and her eyes cross! Ha ha ha!

me: Is that your favorite part?

Jack: I think the best part is when the neighbors didn’t know which was worse (he reads from the book) “the big storm or the racket coming from the bears’ house.” Ha ha haaaaa!

me: Do you think other kids would like this book?

Jack: Of course! Didn’t you hear me say it was funny? Kids love funny books. But there are a few bad words in here.

me:
Joy
When two small bears
Don't get along,
The grownups worry--
What went wrong?

Brother and Sister get into a fight.
Becky
Short book with good message as per usual Berenstain Bears. One I haven't purchased for grand kids yet but definitely will. My granddaughters just got bunk beds so I think they will see themselves as this book is read to them. Read this free via my county library 3M app.
Carissa M
"Get in a Fight" by Stan Berenstain is another book that teaches kids lessons as they grow up, that it is okay to argue and compares a fight to a storm. The storm eventually clears up and a beautiful rainbow takes its place. Brother and Sister bear wake up grumpy one morning and begin to snap at each other, at the end of the day Mother and Papa bear intervene and ask the cubs if they even remember why they were fighting. The Sister and Brother make up and continue to work on their treehouse and ...more
May
I found this book wholly unsatisfying while reading it with my 5 year old nephew, who coincidentally has a baby sister.

The premise is easy to understand. Brother and sister get into a fight without any reason. Father is useless in resolving the fight and it is up to Mother to spout some nonsense about fighting and then pointing to a rainbow afterwards. Somehow reader is led to believe everything will be okay until the next fight.

If I am confused by the moral, imagine my nephew. Actually he pre
Steve
I love reading the Berenstain Bears books to my children. Each and every one of them sends a positive message.
TheMcafeeKids
The bird woke the kids up. Brother and sister went on the bus and had lunch together. Sister put her feet in the brother's face and he said no and they argued. He was mad and she was not happy. They argued and she went to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth, hair and soaked her face. They didn't sit together on the bus - he was on the back and she was on the front. They sat in the rain. She took all his dinosaurs and she rolled them. He put all the toys up. Their Papa yelled at them. The Mom whi ...more
♥ Sarah ♥
Jul 20, 2014 ♥ Sarah ♥ marked it as to-read-childrens

Age: ?
Lesson:
Purchased: 69 cents from eBay
Steve
Jul 11, 2011 Steve rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents who want to bring up the topic of fighting
My sons fight and I was an only child, and I freak out sometimes when they fight. I've gotten much better at tolerating their fights, but that's not the same thing as having a dialogue about the fighting. It's hard to get a book that isn't too preachy or moralistic. This book has the mother as the one who saves them. Fighting is likened to a storm, it eventually ends, and sometimes a rainbow comes up, like getting along together again. I liked it, and my son asked to read it again right after I ...more
Crystal
I loved these books as a kid and now that my children have them, I've slowly been re-reading them. This one is a cute story; I like that it shows that arguments are a normal part of life but I felt that they could have done a better job and explaining how to handle arguments. The book sorta makes it sound like you fight with someone and then everything is magically great again, which is often not the case in real life.
Miss Meghan's Class
Another good book about sharing and the usual bickering that happens between siblings. I wish my sister and I had read this when we were younger. Read this to the three little girls and I noticed the two that always bicker (sisters), even though they are only 3 and 4, started being a little nicer to each other that day. It didn't last - but that day was nice.
Shelli
Nice way of explaining that family doesn't always get along, especially the ones we live with. But if we can weather the storm, move on and forgive we are rewarded with a beautiful rainbow... or at least feel better toward one another. Stan and Jan Berenstain write books that are a must read for every parent and child.
Kayla Quinn
The story is about how brother and sister bear could not get along. They had upset the entire house, but by the end of the book, they could not remember what the big argument was about. I would choose this book for a class because it is a classic book with life lesson that children can use later on.
Shacoria
Jun 25, 2011 Shacoria rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Small Children
This is the 17th Berenstain Bears book that I have read. In this book brother and sister bear get into a fight with each other. The one thing I love about this book is the use of the storm as a metaphor for the fight and the use of the rainbow as a metaphor for the end of the fight.
Erika Conley
The moral of this story is that everyone gets into arguments once in a while, but in the end, we still love each other. The Berenstain Bears series is always an exciting read, and has detailed illustrations of the stories. This is no exception!
Erica Mayberry
This book is great for children to realize how to get along with others. It might not happen at all times, but learning to work through it is the key.
angrykitty
i'm not sure if this was a lesson book or not, but it's not like my brother and i were angels to each other. but i'm sure however we ended up wrapping up out fights, it wasn't as huggy feely as the berenstain bears ending...
Nicollette
oh my goodness, i remember these books like it was yesterday. ah, to be a child again. it's weird, when i saw this cover i could remember reading it almost like it was yesterday or something like i never forgot it.
Thomas Hogle
This is one of the more humorous berenstain books. Jan and Stan do a good job taking a topic like fighting and making it funny. I would recommend this book even if your not a berenstain bears fan.
Christy
Theresa
the characters and stories of the berenstain bears teaching children early learning concepts. learning how to control your temper and relate to siblings
Nickie
I think it would be a better if the lesson was not to fight, rather than to teach children that fighting is a part of life.
Heather
37 months - luckily not really an issue with just one child in the house but she liked the story all the same.
Megan Sewell
These books are great for families trying to teach children valuable life lessons, great for sibling rivalry.
Karen
I loved reading the Berenstain Bears to my kids. The stories are great and the illustrations are fun.
Yup, all siblings squabble and the Berenstains do a good job of portraying the cubs rivalry.
Jaime Contreras
I used this to convey an anti-fighting talk to my duaghters when they were much younger.
Anna
Not really great for much. maybe comprehension. It would be okay for 3rd grade.
Shannon
"Shannon 1988." Why in the world would anyone want a sibling after reading this book?
Emely
Lesson: We sometimes fight even with people that we love.
  • Clifford's Manners (Clifford the Big Red Dog)
  • The Berenstain Bears: Sick Days
  • The New Baby (Little Critter)
  • Teach Us, Amelia Bedelia
  • Bravo, Amelia Bedelia!
  • Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree (Little Golden Books)
  • The Magic School Bus Inside the Earth (The Magic School Bus, #2)
  • Arthur's Birthday (Arthur Adventure Series)
More about Stan Berenstain...
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV